Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Samir ShahYour feedback matters!
Sex is an important aspect in everyone's life. And if you are in a relationship, it is one of the most significant things that can bind you and your partner. While many men do not have any problem having sex, there are a few who suffer from some form of sexual dysfunction.
Here are 9 home remedies that can help turn those sexual problems around:
Known to have a number of health benefits, garlic is a great aphrodisiac that has no side-effects. This root, works as a tonic for people suffering from a lack of libido, or those who are unable to maintain an erection.
How to use it: crush two or three cloves of garlic and eat this every day for the desired results.
This root is only second to garlic when it comes to its aphrodisiac properties. Known to increase libido and strengthen reproductive organs, onions are great to help with a good erection in those suffering from erectile dysfunction. While any variety of onion is good for health, the white variety has been found to be most beneficial.
How to use it: eat raw white onions as a part of your meal. You can choose to have it added to your salad or simply eat it as a side dish.
Packed with innumerable health benefits, carrots are known to enhance sexual stamina. A perfect remedy for those suffering from fatigue or premature ejaculation, carrots when combined with eggs make the perfect recipe for a great sexual experience.
How to use it: take 150g of carrot and chop it finely. Now add it to a half-boiled egg. Add some honey to this mix. Have this once a day for a month or two for promising results.
While the vegetable itself is extremely beneficial for your health, it is the roots that help with sexual disorders. According to ayurvedic literature, the roots of the lady's finger plant are great for those who have lost their sexual vigour.
How to use it:
Take five to ten grams of the root powder and add it to a glass of milk. To this add a little bit of mishri or crystalline sugar. Drink this mixture on a daily basis for good results.
Also known as shatavari
And marketed as safed museli, this vegetable is a great remedy for sexual disorders. The dried root is a common medicine used by unani doctors to treat a number of sexual dysfunctions, including the lack of sexual vigour, impotency and premature ejaculation.
How to use it:
Take about fifteen grams of the root powder and boil it in a glass of milk. Drink this decoction twice a day for effective results.
A vegetable that is commonly added to sambaar and other indian dishes, this long spindly vegetable is a very potent aphrodisiac. The vegetable itself is known to relieve the symptoms of functional sterility in both males and females. Apart from that the dried bark of the tree is also very useful in the treatment of conditions like impotency, premature ejaculation and lack of motility of sperm.
How to use it: drumstick: take about 15g of the drumstick flower and boil it in about 250ml of milk.
Drumstick tree bark:
Powder the dry bark and add about 120g of this powder to about half a liter of water and bring it to a boil. Let the mixture boil for about half an hour. You can mix a glass of this water with a tablespoon of honey and have it three times a day for a period of three months.
Again, a root that not only adds to the tanginess of a dish, ginger is also a very potent aphrodisiac. The juice of ginger is said to help in relieving the symptoms of conditions such as impotency, premature ejaculation and spermatorrhea (excessive accidental ejaculation).
How to use it: take half a spoonful of ginger juice and have it with one half-boiled egg and some honey and have this once everyday, just before bed.
Dates are known to help increase iron content in the body and have very high nutritional value. They are also very effective in providing that extra boost of energy, that one needs for sexual vigour.
How to use it: take some dried dates, mix it with almonds and pistachio nuts. Grind all three ingredients and eat about 100g of this mixture once daily.
These sweet fruits are also very good in improving one's sexual vigour. Due to its sugar content, raisins are also very good at providing extra energy to the person eating them.
How to use it: boil the raisins in milk till they become swollen. Now start by eating 200g on a daily basis and increase the amount you eat gradually.
Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) is treatable. The condition improves with treatment and lifestyle changes. While there are a plethora of medical options to treat impotence, there are some simple, easy-to-follow natural remedies as well. Here is a list of six such methods:
- Walk a mile: When it comes to impotence, walking two miles a day greatly helps in countering impotence. A brisk walk in the morning or evening helps to reduce weight and intervenes in cutting down obesity. A study in 2005 showed that a healthier lifestyle can improve or even reverses impotence. A person with a 42 inch waistline is far more likely to suffer from ED than a person with a waistline of 32 inches. Maintaining a healthy weight is, therefore, a good way to treat impotence.
- Moving the nether regions: Kegel exercises are known to be conducive for a good erection and better sexual performance. The bulbocavernosus muscle gets strengthened with this exercise. The bulbocavernosus muscle serves three purposes as they help the penis to engorge blood, empties the urethra post urination and pumps during ejaculation. Some other remedies include wearing loose pants, quitting smoking and alcohol, etc.
- Herbal Viagra: Red ginseng is considered to be the herbal Viagra because of its high effectiveness. A 2005 study showed that a dosage of 600–1,000 mg per day greatly helped in countering ED. This can be found in the form of a supplement. If plants are to be used, it should be ensured that the tree is at least five years old.
- Amino acid: The body possesses L-arginine that is naturally found in the body and helps in erection. Nitric acid relaxes the blood vessels in the body and sustains an erection for a longer duration. Consumption of high dosage of amino acid (5 mg/day) for six weeks can prove to be extremely beneficial in treating impotence. It should be ensured that a doctor is consulted before starting this course. Patients with a medical condition should not consume amino acid unless specifically prescribed by the doctor to do so.
- Watermelon juice: A citrulline is a form of amino acid that is found in abundant quantities in one slice of watermelon. This is a type of amino acid which is found to be extremely effective in improving the flow of blood to the penis. A 2011 study showed that a watermelon fetches very good result in improving ED.
- Acupuncture: A study conducted in 1999 showed that acupuncture improves erection in more than 39%of the people. This alternative therapy relaxes the mind and helps a person to get more involved while having sex. While there are mixed results of this alternative therapy, it is definitely worth a try to improve ED or impotence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi, i'm a 20 year old guy. Today morning when I went to dump I started bleeding. It wasn't smooth. It's been happening to me from last 2 years but only during summer. That too for 2-3 days. Now it has started again. Need help. What should I do?
Life saving kit in case of mi / heart attack
A very handy kit which may protect a person from dying of sudden heart attack.
It should have following items:-
A. Tab disprin / aspirin 4
B. Tab glyceryl trinitrate 4
C. G. Tri nitrate skin patch-1
If one feels sudden tightness and pain in centre of chest, radiating to left arm or both sides of neck, accompanied by sweating and uneasiness, one is likely to be in a state of heart attack.*
Following measures must be taken immediately:-
A. Keeping one glyceryl tri itrate tablet under the tongue.
B. Chewing one disprin tablet.
C. Pealing of and sticking the skin patch on left side of chest.
Can definitely save a person from dying immediately of a heart attack.
Every person who is at risk and above 40 years should carry this.
Dr. Rahul kewalkumar.