Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samir Shah
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Samir ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am 14 years old in my face their are black small small dots in my face do how to solve this problem in morning it goes and in evening in sun it come so sir please help me.
Lip augmentation is a restorative (cosmetic) procedure where your lips are reshaped to make them appear fuller. Cosmetic procedures are done for aesthetic improvement, but surgical lip augmentation is performed if the lips are affected by any congenital condition or tissue trauma.
Dermal fillers are mostly used to enlarge the lips. Previously, collagen was the most popular filler, but currently, due to various health reasons, doctors do not use it as often as before. Now, hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular dermal filler.
Hyaluronic acid is naturally available in your body, especially in your neural, epithelial and connective tissues. The fillers that doctors presently use are chemically similar to hyaluronic acid. It is extremely beneficial in adding volume to your lips.
Applications of Hyaluronic acid
- Hyaluronic acid fillers improve your lips’ appearance by boosting their shape, structure and volume.
- The effects of such fillers last approximately for six months; you would require more injections after that.
- Restylane and Juvederm are the most popular hyaluronic acid fillers used currently. These also contain lidocaine in them, which is a local anaesthetic.
Hyaluronic acid fillers also include the following benefits:
- The amount of filler to be injected is easily controllable, so the doctor can regulate the amount of volume to create.
- The injections are given at a steady pace, so the development can be carefully monitored to achieve the desired result.
- Any bump or lump caused by moving the lips too much is easier to correct.
- In relation to other dermal fillers, there will be reduced swelling and bruising.
- Results last for a longer duration, but they are not permanent.
- Collagen fillers required an allergy test before the procedure could begin, but that is not the case with hyaluronic fillers. Hyaluronic acid fillers are not allergens since they are made from similar substances found in the body.
Risks of lip augmentation
Like every surgical procedure, lip augmentation too has certain risks involved. Some of the contraindications (situational dangers of certain drugs or procedures) include:
- Facial nerve disorders
- Intermittent herpes simplex sores
- Critical Hypertension
- Autoimmune disorders
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!