Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Samir PatilYour feedback matters!
I done with an ankle operation last week. And fracture will be there fr an one month. Can you please tell me the exercise regarding this.
Different foods have different properties. Here are some foods to have and a few you must refrain from if you are suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain:
Include these foods in your diet.
1) cherries - these contain anthocyanocides which assist in lowering uric acids, thus reducing the level of pain.
2) ginger - eating fresh ginger of drinking ginger root tea is advisable if suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain. The gingerols present in it include anti-inflammatory compounds which are extremely helpful.
3) pineapple - there exists in pineapples, an element called bromelain which is a very effective anti-inflammatory.
4) raw apple cider vinegar - anti-inflammatory properties of raw apple cider vinegar are also very beneficial. It can be consumed by drinking a tablespoon of the vinegar mixed in about 250ml water or as salad dressing.
5) turmeric - turmeric or as we call it haldi, has anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
6) omega 3 fatty acids - omega 3 fatty acids also have anthocyanocides. Which lower the levels of uric acids. Eating more of chia seeds, flax seeds and fish is also encouraged.
And the foods to avoid are,
1) sugary foods - sugary foods are like toxins which cause inflammations and lead to more pains in the body. Hence, avoid foods with excessive sugar when suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain.
2) omega 6 oils - these oils, if consumed in high amounts, cause inflammations. It is advisable to replace these foods with healthier foods.
3) fried foods: deep fried foods are cooked at high temperatures and thus induce inflammation.
4) salt - this happens to some people where excess intake of sodium increases the pain in the joints. Hence, lowering consumption is not a bad idea.
I was a sports man I had a operation in my leg my ligament has broken now can I start playing again?
I am 24 years old. I have pain behind left knee from 2 months. Whenever I jump I got severe pain but in routine it is alright. When painoccurs, I feel my leg divided in two pieces. I got x-ray but no issue there. Please suggest some cure for this. Thanks.
The term Sciatica is used to describe leg pain, tingling, numbness or weakness that travels down the low back via the sciatic nerve to the back of leg. Sciatic nerve arises from each side of lower spine and passes deep in the buttock along the back of thigh and legs. The pain of Sciatica may be irregular/ infrequent or persistent causing severe agony to the patients. The pain of Sciatica may be confined to low back or hips or may extend up to toes. The pain of Sciatica can be excruciating and "not relieved by painkillers".
What causes Sciatica?
Pain in Sciatica is due to irritation or pinching of Sciatic nerve within the spine. This occurs most commonly due to prolapsed intervertebral disc (slip disc) causing nerve compression resulting in pain.
Is surgery the only treatment for Sciatica?
Most patients can be managed with medication/exercises. So surgery is not the only way out. Patients who have severe pain can also benefit from "Epidural Steroid Injection". This treatment has proven to be effective in avoiding spine surgery in such patients.
What is Epidural Steroid Injection?
Epidural Steroid Injection is a procedure done by a Specialist (Interventional Pain) in an Operation Theatre using X-Ray (Image Intensifier) to locate exact level of injection. A drug mixture consisting of Steroid with Local Anaesthetic is injected at the epidural space of affected nerve root. The steroid washes away inflammatory mediators from the epidural space which decreases the pain. Steroid also decreases the inflammatory response of body to the prolapsed disc. As a result the pain arising from nerve inflammation is decreased. This is a day care procedure i.e. the patients are discharged the same day.
How is the possibility of surgery ruled out?
Epidural Steroid Injection is a proven, safe and an effective treatment that works on the concept of Interventional pain management - to provide relief from persistent and chronic pain of Sciatica. Generally, a single injection is sufficient to relieve patients of the pain. The procedure can be repeated for a maximum 3 times in a year, depending on the patient's response. With effective pain relief, surgery is negated.