Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I am 80 years male resident of Delhi and have cervical spondylosis (left side) for the past two years. After X-Ray been diagnosed C1-C2 arthiritis(left side). I was earlier on medication and exercises as recommended by my doctor and have have very good relief and discontinued all medication nearly 18 months ago. However since this morning after a shower, I felt a severe shooting pain for a few seconds and it has repeated again 3/4 times in my upper arm joint which is not muscular. What medicine should I take to relieve this pain before it occurs again ?
My wife aged 69 years has tingling sensation in her hand fingers. This is more in the right hand fingers. The neurologist has conducted some test and says that it is a case of Karpal Tunnel Syndrome and prescribed some medication. But the allopathic medicines are not suiting her. Can the homeopathic doctor suggest some effective homeopathic medicine.
My weight is 95 kgs. I am 20 years old. studying engineering final year. I live in hostel and I am suffering from spinal cord infection. Everyday I suffer with pain so I can't do exercises. I am taking combutol -400 mg, combutol-800 mg, gindoxime-10 mg, r-cin600, solonex300 tablets. My weight is becoming problem to me. Since I am a engineering student I have to work for projects but even if I do simple work like to lift a mug I can't bend my hip pains a lot. I can't walk and sit for more than 5 minutes. I sweats a lot if I walk for 2 steps also. I am getting too much sweat. Two years back my right hand shoulder hit to wall on that time on wards it is paining and I can't lift small weight also. Please give me food diet, advise to reduce my weight in 6 months.
I am 22 I have taken intramuscular injection in that site I got numbness. Can I know y it happen and suggest me wt to do next.
My mom is 50 years old and she has frequent knee and leg pain . What is the reason for it and is there any cause in climbing stairs? Tell me some tips to recover soon.
I am 27 year boy I have back pain l4 and l5 disk light move. I there any full relief treatment means contact me sir. Back pain person do sex fully or not. After two month marriage fixed so im tired.
My mom have soo much off pain in her knees. Can you please suggest some cream or medicine for her to overcome this problem.
I would like to know that my mother, she has suffering with ARTHRITIS (SANDHI VATA) from 6 years and consult so many doctors in allopathy and ayurveda. But it all not success. Is there any solution to recover from this. Pls give me an advice. She has suffering a lot and some time it's so difficult to walk even standing up. Hope will get a better solution from your side, regards, Pradeep s Pillai.
The musculoskeletal structure of your body is what enables you do any physical movement. The bones provide the solid structure while the muscles provide the strength and agility for all the necessary movements. However, muscles can be affected either due to internal problems within the body or due to wear and tear. Pain in the muscles can be quite debilitating and problematic.
Some of the more common methods to treat and deal with muscle pain are mentioned below.
- Correct electrolyte imbalances in your daily food intake: Electrolytes are important minerals required in your body such as potassium or magnesium. A lack of these minerals within the body will cause muscle pain including cramps and spasms. These could be caused due to:
- Proper stretching and massaging your muscles: You should get into a habit of properly warming up and cooling down before and after exercising as this will allow the muscles to get into optimal physical condition. If you suddenly start exercising, it may damage them and cause immediate pain or may develop into chronic pain over time. The best way to correct this imbalance is to include foods in your diet which contain these minerals, such as bananas for potassium, organic meat for potassium and magnesium, organic eggs, and legumes.
- Start exercising if you aren’t doing it regularly: Muscle pain may occur due to atrophy or weakening of the muscles. Bad habits and posture overtime will also result in muscle pain and the best way to strengthen them is to start exercising and stretching them slowly. Once they are strong enough, some of the muscle pain issues will go away on their own.
- Correcting bad posture: Bad posture is another culprit for muscle pain. Especially common with sedentary jobs behind a desk postures tend to deteriorate overtime and cause, muscle pain. Thus along with exercising, try to change your posture and correct any bad habit that may have crept in.
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration is another common cause for muscle pain especially from muscle spasms or cramps. Ensure that you are properly hydrated throughout the day to avoid pain from spasms.
- Use either hot or cold therapy: You can use ice packs or hot water packs to soothe muscle pain depending on the type of causes. For example, throbbing muscle pain and spasms can be relaxed through warm compress while inflammations can be soothed by icepacks.
- Medications: In certain disorders of the body such as fibromyalgia, you will need to take specialized medications in order to correct the problem. For excessive and chronic pain, you should visit your doctor as it may require more extensive treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.