Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My name is Amit Menon. Sir I have some red eye and huge dark circles with weakness n cannot handle any situation more than 8 to 9 hours. I have already check Up several doctors cannot get any results. What are the symptoms to get perfect and healthy life?
I have a skin problem which is like whenever I am out in sun. My skin inches alot and red pigments in back and shoulders appears. They dissaper within 2 days but heat level is quite high which never allows me to go out in sun. I am b very tensed please help. Thanks.
Hi, I'm a male does drinking cold coffee or other desserts like we get in coffee shop drinking all that drinks keeps or makes our skin healthy and glowing does it makes our fairer or fair please tel me I have seen rich people or fair people drinking cold coffee or being or going in coffee shop or Cafe everyday and they look fairer they drink coffee and other types of coffee or drinks in the coffee shop or cafe is it good for our health in drinking it drinking in cafe or coffee shop does it keeps our healthy and glowing skin or makes our fairer I have seen lot of fair person or rich people drinking coffee or going in coffee shop or cafe in their hands is it good for our health or skin please tel me please.
I am suffering with the skin problems on my face lot of blacks spot and pimples mark can you help me to remove this mark on my face. And my skin oily. please give me some advice.
Hello, I am father of 7 months old baby. Last week she got cold and cough. We went to pediatrician. He wrote medicine, There was not any visible effect. At the sometime, we can now see little blood in her stool.
I have oily skin . Inspite of using many related facewash I couldn't found any change . What should I do ? Can you please suggest any medicine or any other product?
I have holes on my face for pimple problems .how can I recover my face skin or make it plan and white.
My problem is dat when I go out in sun my face becomes darker. And from the last few months there is absolutely no glow on my face. please suggest me something so that I could regain my original colour and my face should soon lighter and brighter again.
Plz give me some tips to reduce my pimples nd my face is totally rough so please prescribe me a medical to over come this problem.
My nose skin become loose after a recent operation anyway to make it tighter without surgery.Please suggest.
In my wife's breasts before menstruation becomes lumpy internal conflicts comes with inflammation stiffness which is quite uncomfortable. Please advise the pain is too much. before some time took medicine for pregnancy.
I have a skin problem. My skin is unmosturise. There is many problems in my health so do you have any cheapest medicine then contact me my no.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.