Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer PatangeYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 18 years old. I have problem of pimples from 4 years. So I want to get rid of this problem. Please suggest me some solutions.
Sir I am is in great problem. Their are lots of pimples on my mouth. I lost our fairness. Please help me sir. What am I do next for solve this.
I am suffering with corn in my leg thumb. I used corn caps. But my problem is still same as earlier. What should I do?
I am healthy, now being winter, I am experiencing itching over my body particularly on my back, I tried different soaps/vesiolin/ cream with very limited result. Can you suggest effective location/medicine/home remedy.
I am apply my hair olive oil and mustard oil but do not stop off hair falls what you due please give me ayurveda statement.
Hi, My father is suffering from feet cracking infection which is on extreme level. His is 57 years old. He has itching and pain problem as well in his feet. He used many feet nd skin ointments and got docs treatment as well, however there is no improvement. Please suggest.
Hey. I am male age-20 weight-84 kg. In 4 years my skin colour has become dark. Due to sunlight. So is there any solution for that. Can I get back to the original colour of my skin. What are the precaution for it.
Hello Sir how to loose weight? Will you tell me some easy way to loose the weight? Even what to do to whiten the neck as it differs from face it is to black.
Medium size pores on my face. I want to get rid of them. Skim complexion is average Due to sunburn my face got tanned please advice me how to get tanned and pores free face.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hairs which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing: All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
HOW LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORKS
Regardless of which area you're looking to de-fuzz, laser hair removal can help. In a matter of minutes, hair follicles are destroyed with minimal discomfort. Using highly concentrated energy, hair follicles are targeted and pulses of light are emitted. The laser's energy is attracted to the pigment of hair, the same way sunlight is attracted to darker clothing. For this reason, laser hair removal work best on those with dark, coarse hair and a fair complexion.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A LASER HAIR REMOVAL PROVIDER:
- The experience level of the treatment provider
- The quality of the hair removal equipment (lasers)
- The ability to safely treat all skin colors.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.