Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer P ApteYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. Sir I am suffering from stomach pain after that I meal. Pain occurs only for few seconds. I also loss my appetite. I also occur pimples on my face. Please give me the solution.
Sir there has been a. Circular area on my head from where there is a lot of hair fall. The hairs whi h grow there are not very strong and fall of easily. Also there is a lot of dandruff on my scalp. Please help me regarding this.
I am having sunburn Tanning at forehead and hands is a mazor issue I can't even wore half sleeves shirts Pls let me know any sunburn cream any moisturiser body tanning cream. Thanks a lot.
I am 16 years old boy. My groins between my thighs has fungus which itches. I am applying some cream and has no no effect. We use dettol for washing cloths. Pl. suggest some remedy.
Melasma is a skin condition which causes discoloration and dark patches on your skin. It is more common in women than men. It is also called the ‘mask of pregnancy’ or chloasma when it is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. These patches on the face are darker and symmetrical on both sides of your face. Areas of the body that are exposed to the sun for a prolonged period of time can also develop melasma. It doesn’t cause any physical complications, but it can give you an unsightly appearance.
What causes Melasma?
Doctors and researchers are still not sure what causes melasma although studies have shown that progesterone and estrogen levels tend to affect your skin leading to melasma. Some of the causes of melasma could be-
- Starting or stopping birth control pills
- Hormonal changes caused by underlying physical causes.
- Thyroid diseases
- Prolonged exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can also affect skin pigments (melanocytes) resulting in melasma
Symptoms of Melasma:
Brownish patches on the forehead, cheeks, chin and bridge of the nose are signs of melasma.
Treatment for Melasma:
In pregnancy, melasma usually fades on its own after you have delivered your baby.
- Avoid consuming birth control pills or change the medication for a change in composition of the drugs. More often than not, it’s the composition of a pill that causes melasma rather than birth control pills in general.
- Hydroquinone is an ointment which can be applied on the skin. This lightens the dark patches on your skin caused due to melasma.
- Corticosteroids and tretinoin – This medication is generally prescribed by a dermatologist to lighten the patches caused by melasma. This should be taken under a doctor’s prescription.
- Topical skin medicines – Medications which contain kojic acid or azelaic acid can also help reduce the brownish patches on your skin.
- Procedures – If medicines and creams don’t get rid of the patches, procedures such as dermabrasion, microdermabrasion and chemical peel procedures are advised. These procedures should be done under a certified dermatologist. This also prevents melasma from re-occurring in the future.
I had changed my work from one place to another place. My hair fall suddenly increased of course work tension had increased but I don't think that stress only matter.
Hi im 23years old and I hav sex with some person before 6years and now I feel some joint pains in legs and arms but somehow I went to doctor he has cured it. And now I have pimples in arms and legs I do not know what to do I have got test frm past. 15months of hiv its negative I almost tested 10 times but still worried. In the beginning I got doubt because of some pimples near penis but doctor says its common so pls answer me.
My scalp have some problems like dandruff but it is not look like that. When my hair are wet my scalp having dandruff. It does not go while I use many things.
I am 34 years old male. My palm skin is very rough and get harder some time its occur cracks mostly at both hand thumb and first finger. I use bike for travelling. Please suggest.
Is castor oil helps to regrow hair on bald patches? Please tell me I am suffering from hair loss. I am also doing laser which I purchase from Amazon power grow hair comb laser. Is this laser is safe to use? Please suggest me. And I also have dark spots on eyes. How to get override of it. Please tell me.
I am loosing my hair so much and tried all shampoo or products but no efforts. suggest me what can I do for save my hair?
What is nail psoriasis?
Nail psoriasis is a skin condition which directly affects the nails on your fingers and your toes. This disease results in changes in the overall look and appearance of the nails. The condition usually involves a change in the shape, size, color and texture of your nails and the nails also, might feel tender and hurt.
The most common signs to identify a nail psoriasis condition are enlisted below.
- Color- The nail color may turn into yellow, green or brown. You may also have red or white spots beneath the nail on the skin
- Debris buildup- This refers to a potentially painful condition which involves accumulation of a white, powdery material beneath and on the sides of nails
- Separation- This means that the nail is uprooted from the skin bed on your fingers and toes. This leads to immense pain and discomfort and it might also obstruct with your day to day activities.
- Thickening- Thickening of the nail happens when there is a fungal infection along with a nail psoriasis condition. This leads to the brittleness and breaking of the nails.
Some of the common measures to avoid a nail psoriasis condition are as follows.
- Keep your nails short, well-trimmed and shaped
- Wear shoes that are easy on the toes
- Keep the nail edges smooth using nail filer
- Moisturize your nails well on a daily basis
- Wear gloves while doing activities like cleaning or washing
The most common treatment for nail psoriasis is phototherapy, which involves the use ultraviolet light rays to address the condition. The therapy usually takes place in a doctor's clinic or a hospital. Additionally, some of the systematic medications used to treat the condition are methotrexate, acitretin and cyclosporine.