Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer NanawareYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sinusitis since 5 years. I have tried a lot medicines but the pain doesn't goes. Please help me.
I have dry cough now and Having a medicine breakuf blue now. But I frequently suffer from cold and cough Please suggest me a good medicine and the way so I will not be affected by cough again.
My father tongue movement stop and slabber so eating problem. Only liquid eating and breathing problem. Last three year.
His I am 22 years old. I am suffering from head pressure on right side of head and nerves stretching on that place. Doctors done mri and mri shows ethmoid and m axillary sinusitis. After that doctors done l. P. Test and l. P. Test shows few lymphocytes and range 5.5 and told brian t. B. But another doctor told you don't have brain t. B because above 10 is brain t. B you have only sinus go to ent doctor. We consulted ent and used tablets but it is temporarily relief there is no permanent relief. Still now on my right side of head lot of pressure and nerves stretching on that place. If I exposed to sunlight iam getting lot of headache. Iam suffering from this disease five years. Initially I consulted neurologist and he done eeg and told migraine. But I don't have migraine symptoms. By taking lot of tablets iam facing memory problem. I have fever symptoms due to sinus. Please tell me solution or any tablet. I want to become healthy.
I have fever and tonsil pain. But my head pains the most. When I cough or sneeze I get severe pain or even when I bend. I found today the pain is somewhere behind both ears or top part of the neck. please help. Its painful.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and I have chest pain when ever I cough heard can you suggest what should be done?
My daughter is suffering cough in the evening time particularly winter season. Her age 10 years. What is the reason? How it will be solved? Please give suggestions.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.