Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer Joshi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer JoshiYour feedback matters!
Me and my partner were together. He had his boxers on but I was naked in bed. He was on top of me. I just felt his penis inside my vagina for a few seconds with his boxers on but he did not ejaculate. But there was a drop or two of pre ejaculate on his penis. My period got over just 3 days ago. There was no ejaculation and we didn't have sexual intercourse I could just feel it for a second. Is there any reason to be worried for pregnancy? I am very worried. This happened just 3 days after my period ended.
Me and my husband are planning for child from last 4 months .but I couldn't conceive. Yesterday I got periods again and my menstrual cycle is regular of 28- 30 days. please suggest me when should we copulate to conceive and should I use ovulation predictor kit? And what other things or deficiencies I can have that hinders my conception.
Hi doctor, I am trying for pregnancy. I have been diagnosed with pcos. So I am under medication .my doctor suggested me to go for iui. This is my third iui. So my question is my period due date is December 15 where as I was started spotting brown color on december 6.And my iui trigger shot has been completed on November 25. So I am worried that why I am been spotting so early from December 6 to till today Dec 12. Took a upt test but came negative. So would you like to suggest me that is there still a chance that I can be pregnant? And is this spotting harmful for me? Please make a note I am under progesterone tablet and dhupastron tablet after my iui treatment up to 20 days. Hope you understand my question. Waiting for your answer or suggestions. Thank you, awaiting your response.
I have done unprotected sex with my wife and it's 10th day of her cycle she take ipill in one hour what are the chances of getting pregnant?
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 33 years old lady, lately I have been feeling some sharp pain beneath my right breast and within my stomach, also loss of stool. Is everything ok with me please.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.
I am 26 years old and after delivery my weight increased to 83. Can you please suggest me diet or else what to do ?
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.
Bladder cancer is the result of the growth of cancerous cells inside the bladder. Bladder cancer is mainly of four types:
- Urothelial carcinoma: In this type of bladder cancer, the tumours may be limited to the bladder or spread from the urothelial to the deeper layers in the bladder. The urothelial is the epithelium lining in the renal pelvis, ureters, urethra and bladder.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells are flat, thin cells that form after a prolonged infection in the bladder. The cancer starts from these cells.
- Adenocarcinoma: Glandular cells in the bladder produce and discharge mucus. This type of cancer begins from the glandular cells.
- Superficial bladder cancer: If the cancer is limited to the bladder lining, then it is known as superficial bladder cancer. The cancer might spread to the bladder muscle wall, or spread to the lymph nodes and organs close to it.
It is important note that, if bladder cancer is detected early, then it can be cured most of the times.
Who is at a risk of acquiring bladder cancer?
Those who smoke or have a history of bladder cancer in the family or are exposed for to industrial chemicals for long durations are at an increased risk of bladder cancer.
The symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in urine
- More frequent passing of urine
- There is a sensation of pain or burning when urinating
- Bladder is not emptied completely
- Pain in the lower back
- Snehana therapy that is oil massage
- Swedana that is steaming therapy
- Vamana that is by urging vomiting
- Virechana that is by purging
- Basti is the enema medication
- Nasya or through nasal medication
- Raktamokshana Therapy
Along with the above mentioned therapies, consuming medicated juices, which contain fruits and vegetables is good for the body. Antioxidant Ayurvedic medicines are also highly beneficial. Practicing yoga, sound therapy, pranayama, acupressure and acupuncture can help in the long run.
Sometimes, traditional cancer medication can rob the body of its strength once the symptoms are cured. Rasayan Chikitsa can help the body regain its strength. Rasayan Chikitsa improves the metabolism, memory, longevity, hair and complexion. It brings back the vigour that was lost.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!