Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SameerYour feedback matters!
3 Handy tips to eliminate stress from your sex life
Stress plays a significant role in creating rifts in relationships as it mostly forbids partners from meeting each other’s physical and emotional needs. This reduces intimacy in a relationship and results in an unhappy sex life. In the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life. Here are some tips, which will prove to be very effective in keeping stress away from your sex life.
1. Don’t make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired
If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don’t pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner’s admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
2. Try to stay away from performance anxiety
Don’t let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner’s needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
3. Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life
Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
To prevent these stressful situations from affecting your sex life, try to focus on removing them. For this, you can ask for help from other family members to carry out household chores or diminish your time at social gatherings to be available for each other exclusively. Spending more time in each other’s company will not only brighten your day, but will also give you an enhanced and more intimate relationship.
My friend is 22 years old and recently she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend. He gave her a pill of unwanted 72 in the next 38 hours. Doctor I want to know will she never get pregnant in the near future I mean if she has sex again in the coming year and so. She lost a lot of weight and had hairfall too after consuming the pill.
My girlfriend and I had a protected sex on 16th june and she got periods on 19th june .so we were waiting for 19 or maybe 20th july for her to get her periods but now its 2nd august and till now she has not got periods . What should we do?
Have missed my periods .my last periods date was 23rd nov. And this month m still waiting for my periods. I was diagnosed with pcod few years back (use to take medi dronis 30). I am a active person but I do not tend to loose weight no matter what I have tried gym yoga cardio but no gain as such. I had last sex on 9th nov after which I got my periods (it was 2 days late) flow was very less compared to earlier times. This month m still waiting for my periods. I did pregnancy test which showed negative result. Suggest me something by which I get my periods asap. Me and my husband r not ready for pregnancy now at all.
There are a number of intimacy related problems that we all go through. While fantasy and desire for a particular thing may be common for every individual, an excessive expression of the same is not. Paraphilia is the experience of extreme sexual excitement or arousal to unusual items, interests, circumstances, fantasies, behaviours or individuals. If paraphilia causes distress or disability to the individual, or if its fulfilment involves personal harm (or the danger of such damage) to others, it is viewed as a paraphilic issue.
It might be hard to talk to individuals suffering from paraphilia because of the embarrassment and reluctance to talk openly about the sensitive topic. It is very important to gain the confidence with these patients to encourage them to speak up and discuss their issues freely. There are diverse types of paraphilia, each of which has an alternate focus of the sufferer's sexual excitement:
- Voyeurism: Viewing a clueless or non-consenting person who is bare, undressing or taking part in sexual movement.
- Exhibitionism: Uncovering one's own particular private parts to an unknown individual.
- Frotteurisim: Touching or rubbing against a non-consenting individual.
- Sexual masochism: Being embarrassed, beaten, bound or generally suffering.
- Sexual sadism: Taking pleasure from making someone else suffer physically or sexually.
- Pedophilia: Sexually engaging with a child that is prepubescent (ordinarily 13 years of age or more youthful)
- Fetishism: Sexual interest with non-living articles or specific body parts of one’s self or someone else.
- Transvestism: Cross-dressing that could be sexually arousing and usually interferes with their functioning.
Some of the symptoms and side effects of paraphilia can include distraction to the point of obsession. This interrupts the individual's endeavours to consider different things or take part in more routine sexual activities with an appropriate partner or accomplice. Paraphilia sufferers may encounter pain, sadness or uneasiness that is incidentally soothed by taking part in paraphilic activities, thereby, giving rise to an addictive cycle.
There are some treatment alternatives that should be considered, depending upon the particular needs of every individual case. These alternatives are as follows:
Psychotherapy involves conditioning of the brain and mind-set towards normalcy. This may happen through different methods of recovery. These are as follows:
- Psychological behavioural treatment
- Orgasmic reconditioning
- Training of social skills
- Twelve-stage programmes
- Group therapy
- Individual expressive-supportive therapy
Pharmacologic mediations might be used to smother sexual conduct. Pharmaceuticals that might be considered in the treatment of paraphilic issue include the following:
- Antidepressants (e.g. specific serotonin reuptake inhibitors [SSRIs])
- Long-acting gonadotropin-discharging hormones
- Mind stabilisers
Surgical mediations (not generally utilised)
Surgical mediations that might be considered (however, not generally utilised) are mentioned below:
- Psychosurgery using stereotaxic tractotomy and limbic leucotomy
- Reciprocal orchidectomy (surgical mutilation). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife last period was not proper. But there was bleeding also in men's. There is bleeding also sometimes. Now she went for checkup and now she is pregnant from one month. Doctor is saying no gurranty for child. Please suggest me what to do. Is it true. She should go for DMC.
I had sex on 27th and I took ipill on 28th. After a week tt is on 4th I had sex again. Whr he never ejaculated inside me. N I even wiped his precum before he inserted. And now on 6th day after my last intercourse (12th day after taking ipill) I have vaginal bleeding. M I pregnant? Shud I be worried?
Im 19 years old. My periods are delayed by 17 days. And im not sexually active. Masturbation also rare. And im taking monsoon tablets. How many days I should wait to get my periods. Sry previously I made typing mistakes.
My wife, 47 years old was diagnosed with dengue 10 days ago and now taking rest at home. No medicine was prescribed by the doctor and asked to take lots water etc. Platelet count had come down to 88000 but now it is 280000. Pain on all joints and all over the body is still there. And also itching all over the body. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Regards
Madam meri wife ka left breast bahut bada ho gaya hai jabki right breast jaise ka taisa hai because unka right breast mujh per tej dab gaya tha aur usse blood discharge bhi hua tha but maine unka ultrasound karbaya to usme sab normal aaya sir ?
Hi I have sex with my wife during 4th day of period using safety. But in th middle the safety blow out. But I dnt cum inside after next day she takes ipill due to doubt is ipill works on period time.
While I go to toilet blood comes out along with it. If I consume cremaffin syrup, it stops for about 2 days or so. Please help me. I eat a lot of polo chocolates.
I got married 3 months back. I experience a lot of pain when my husband tries to penetrate during intercourse. Actually m not yet able to have sex.
Thirty is more or less the age by which you can consider yourself a woman of the world. You have toiled hard to get into a comfortable space at work and are into a stable relationship as well. An important aspect to not ignore is your sexual life. Be equipped with the right ideas and ways to enjoy that aspect of your life.
Some facts and tips for the women of today.
1. Safety is foremost: meaningless hookups or otherwise - you cannot be careless; safety must be your priority.
2. Express yourself: men are bad at guessing. They will not be able to guess what you like and how you like it. Tell the man exactly what you expect.
3. Live in the moment: a quickie is never a bad idea. Having frequent sex has its perks for your mood as well as overall health. An impromptu quickie will only put a spring to your steps.
4. Watch each other pleasuring self: it is not just for visual appeal, it is in fact educative - you get to study exactly what type of touch, speed, grip, etc gives him the most pleasure. He gets to know the same about you.
5. Take the initiative: most men like being shown that they are desired too. Why should he always initiate sex. Take the lead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.