Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SameerYour feedback matters!
I used contraceptive pills 5, 4 times in an year. I would like to know is that will effect my infant if I'm getting pregnant?
Hi I am 16 week pregnant and still not feeling anything also I dont think my weight got gained as I was 59 in the previous and in 2nd month it got 57 but now again after a month it's ended to 58 I weigh almost everyday but it fluctuates to 57-58 not crossing 59 what is wrong also my diet is just normal I dont feel hungry every 2 hrs In-fact I just take a gap long of 6-7 hrs without eating is everything ok with me?
Hello doctor. I am getting married in 15 days. I need birth control. So apart from tablets and injection I heard some loop birth control is available how safe it is can I go for it?
Hi my Age is 23 years. I have skipped my period being 4 (21-12-2015) days and getting vomiting sensation. I have done urine test with pregnancy test kit (concetest plus kit). Got negative. Am I pregnant or not. If so I am not planned for that, what should I do to not get pregnant medically or naturally without any issues. Please suggest me?
Hi, I am 31 year old, 31weeks pregnant, I am unable to get enough sleep due to nasal congestion. Taking vapours or blowing my nose is not helping as nose is again getting congested after some time. Please suggest a remedy. Thanks.
Your Ojas is your protection and health shield
Immunity in Ayurveda is linked to good digestion, a balanced endocrine system, proper functioning of the liver and a strong agni or metabolism. It's also strongly connected to a subtle essence known as ojas, which means vigor. According to Ayurveda, the strength of your ojas has a bearing on the influences and factors (both external and internal), which cause you to suffer from any health problem. By protecting your ojas, you boost your body's immune system and protect you from every external or internal harms.
There are times when the protection of this subtle essence becomes vital and these are:
- Periods of recuperation
- Stressful situations
- Period between seasons
- Cold and flu period
- Times of rejuvenation
- Drastic change in your routine
- Major life changes like having a baby or divorce
How to go about protecting your ojas and boosting your immunity levels?
1. When it comes to boosting your immunity and fortifying your ojas through diet, garlic is a very useful food. It provides natural support to your body's immune system by kindling your agni, eliminates destroys natural toxins, ensures your body temperature is at an optimal level, improves the functioning of the lungs and as well as removes excess kapha (one of the three energies or doshas) from your body.
2. The adoption of certain fruitful Ayurvedic therapies such as yoga, pranayama and meditation can help in supporting the quality of your ojas, thereby improving your immunity. Although these practices come with diverse benefits, all of them aid in cultivating presence, clearing up your nadis (channels in the body), relieve stress and digest ama (toxins).
3. There are also certain herbs that are known to support your immune system and encourage proper function of the immune system. Herbs like Ashwaganda, guduchi, neem and holy basil ensures a balanced immune system, rendering you with an optimal health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Home Remedies for Skin Allergies?
Am 20 years old I would like to know that For pregnancy How many hours we have to sleep Everyone said that for pregnancy we have to do intercourse in 10 to 20 days . But my doubt is when we calculation the 10th day , we have to calculate in when the period start or When the period end, my cycle days is 28.
My periods have not happened yet. I mistakenly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 12 days ago but I took unwanted 72 after 4 hours of matting. What can be the possibility of pregnancy.
My d3 level is 24.46 nmol/L. It is considered deficient. Have been prescribed arachitol 6 lakh twice a week. Six such injections are to be taken during a period of 17 days. Is it ok to take such high frequency of d3?
Since 8 years I am married woman. I don't have children. When I have sex I have pain in my uterus part not every time some time. It's most of after completing my period time.
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.