Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sambhaji S. Mahadik
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sambhaji S. MahadikYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have 13 months baby. I went to doctor for baby 12 months vaccination and next day my baby got cold and cough. I have given her Relent syrup for 7 days but still her nose is running. Doctor told to me to give steam to baby but which nebulizer medicine should I used to get rid off this cold. Should I use in warm water or normal also any other medicine which should I use to get rid off.
Dear doctor, My 7-year-old niece has been recommended an adenoidectomy. I would like to know the cost for the surgery. Also would like to know if there are any long term after effects of the same.
My baby (9 weeks old) have passed stool on last Monday (25/09/17), from Monday till today he have not passed stool.
Hi Doctor, My daughter is 22 months old. I have a question over her diet. As summers are at peak, my baby is not eating or drinking any thing, she only takes Lactogen- Stage 4, which is a cause of worry for me. She is becoming very weak now a days. As she is not eating properly, she is getting irritated and crying all the time. I request your help to get a solution for her healthy diet during summers. Thank You!
My baby girl is now 15 months old and she did not get her teeth as of now. First 6 months she completely on mother milk and after we started semi solid food and also with mother milk. First 12 months we also given her JUST D syrup as suggested by doctor. Not getting teeth till now is it normal? Or any treatment required for this. Please suggest. Thank you.
My baby boy is 3 months old and he is suffering from cold for last 15 days. He is taking ALEX plus drop for last 7 days. Does this medicine cause sweating for baby? And how long it takes to cure his cold?
How should baby be protected by cold and cough in the peak Winter season and also if cough happens what should be the best medicine.
My child is 7 years old. He faces problems in remembering names of his friends, he also not able to remember rhymes, spellings and question answers. Although, he understands everything but forgets easily. Is it normal at this age. Kindly help me out. Do I need to consult a doctor regarding this.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.