Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sambhaji S. Mahadik
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sambhaji S. MahadikYour feedback matters!
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
16 days old baby is vomiting just after breastfeeding from yesterday and stomach is getting bigger. Stool and urination are ok. Not sleeping properly. Please help me how to get rid of this ?
My child baby age 6 month & her first tooth starting so she faced highly loose motion problem so please suggest me wht we do.
We all are aware of the fact that it's not just mothers- to- be who need to make sacrifices during pregnancy, infact it's a excellent idea for fathers to give up smoking and drinking too. Many people are aware of the fact that smoking during pregnancy can be harmful for an unborn baby, so if either you or your partner is a smoker, you should actually give up now. And giving up smoking and cutting down on alcohol now will eventually lead to a healthier and fitter you, so that when you've got a little baby around, you will be in the best of your health.
Passive smoking is harmful:
Passive smoking near your partner is dangerous as when she breathes in your cigarette smoke, your baby is taking in harmful carbon monoxide, nicotine and maybe other harmful chemical substances. Nicotine may lead to constriction of the blood vessels and might affect the uterine and placenta blood flow, might even increase blood pressure and heart rate of you and your baby.
One of the best moves you and your partner can practice is to keep your baby's surrounding and environment smoke free, both for now and as well as after the birth too. If you and your pregnant partner or other people in your home indulge in smoking, it can cause serious harm to your unborn baby.
Drugs and Alcohol is a Big No:
Taking other drugs or drinking alcohol can surely get in the way of you being the parent you always wanted to be. It can also affect your ability to take care for your child. This is a big issue with newborns, who wake up often during the night for feeding and changing. Parents indulging in the use of drugs and alcohol, this unhealthy practice may lead to the risk factor for SUDI if the children sleep in the same place as the parent. For many men, alcohol and other drugs can fuel heated arguments that might lead to violence and aggression. This can have serious consequences for the health and wellbeing of the mother and child.
Your habits affect your kids:
In a recent research the rate of lymphoma, brain tumours and leukaemia were up to 80% higher in children under the age of 5 when fathers had smoked prior to conception, even though the mothers were non smokers all the way. Moreover the rate of childhood cancer was seen highest when fathers smoked more cigarettes every day, or had been smoking for a longer time or started smoking before the age of 20.
It's not just your partner who requires staying healthy before, during and after pregnancy, you all fathers need it too. A healthy diet can surely help with conception, but it's always important to practice and carry on eating a well-balanced variety of nutritious foods. This will lead to the encouragement of your partner to do the same and help her enjoy a healthy pregnancy as well.