Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Salini AgarwalYour feedback matters!
1 year back I checked uterus in sonography is normal and now it shows bicornuate uterus y? It means I am pregnant or not.
Cutaneous vascular lesions are the most common birthmarks found in children. Flat vascular lesions have a tendency to persist, but raised vascular lesions, called hemangiomas may involute gradually. They are the result of several or huge vessels that are formed underneath the skin and can lead to complications like pain, bleeding, cosmesis or disfigurement. It is necessary to seek treatment for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery and it is effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion. Use of laser surgery, successfully can help in eliminating certain targets (chromophores) within your skin by putting into use the beam of requisite wavelength, energy setting and pulse duration. Initially these caused serious side-effects like scarring of the skin or permanent dyspigmentation but after the development of photothermolysis technique, the side effects were less seen.
Things to keep in mind before lesion treatment:
The main forms of treatment include laser therapy. Surgery is less used at present as it poses the risk for hemorrhage. The patient should be aware of a few things before going through the treatment procedures.
- Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery can be effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion.
- Laser therapy can treat vascular lesions, such as telangiectasias or spider veins, port wine stain, birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas. The laser is safer and more effective because it proves to be useful in treating the blood vessels of a lesion without affecting the surrounding tissues.
- The patient may experience temporary discoloration of the skin surrounding the treatment site. This blue green discoloration is known as purpura and it usually fades within a week.
- The laser therapy is more effective in case of people who have a lighter skin color. In case of heavily tanned or deeply pigmented skin, the laser light may not be able to reach the surface of the lesion.
- A topical antibiotic in the form of an ointment or cream may be required by some patients after the treatment.
Adolescence is a time when boys and girls begin to establish greater independence from their parents. It is also a time when young people begin to develop the sense of personal individuality that will help define their future identity as adults. In fact, establishing independence and forming a unique identity are two of the most important developmental tasks adolescents must accomplish in preparation for living satisfying and productive adult lives.
Some parents find it easy to keep the lines of communication open with an adolescent child. However, many families find it difficult to establish and maintain open communication with their child during the adolescent years. Irrespective of whether you are the mother or the father, if you happen to feel that your communication with your blue-eyed boy is lacking in the essential warmth and honesty, it is probably time to sit back, shed the shroud of loftiness and solemnity and talk it out with him. Remember, lack of honest and warm conversations with your child can make all those wonderful plans go awry and adversely impact his future relationship with you.
Don’t worry yet, because here are a few honest and simple tips that could help your child overcome all doubts and share all those things which he once swore to never tell you.
- If the television is switched on, switch it off while talking to your child. This helps the child understand that you do give him the attention he needs. Again, this is one of the most important things he will ever crave for; Attention. Isn’t it!
- Don’t talk over the telephone while you are conversing with your child. If you get a call that can be done without, do not take it.
- Remember, the adolescent years can be the trickiest. With hormones swaying perpetually, your child might be infuriated if you held conversations that were supposed to be in private, out in the open or in front of that high-handed neighbor of yours. Give your child the respect he deserves, don’t rush anything. Rather, talk to him in private when he feels safe. This will help in bettering his clarity of thought and actions, thus enhancing the quality of conversation even more.
- It is surely easier said than done. However, with a child at home, try not to take back office chores to house. Sort out office issues where they need to be sorted; so that once you get back, you can give him the time to tell you how his day was. Listen to him and don’t judge him. Remember, your child needs a loving parent who can listen to him brag about his school grades rather than just a rigid and overbearing judge of his actions. A hearty tete-a tete never fails to spin its own magic on the child.
- Schedule one-on-one activities with your child once every week as that can help in better your bonding. It also helps if you learn about what you child is particularly interested in, such as activities like music or sports.
- Listen to them, even if they sound absurd. The key point here is to hear them out patiently and then respond. Avoid butting in with your opinions even before they stop talking. Such a disdainful demeanor will only lessen his confidence the next time she wants to discuss something important and personal.
- Do not respond scornfully. Avoid using expletives or even expressing strong reactions when it can be done without. Bear in mind the weight of words before you spurt out something rudimentarily insulting to your child. Remember, he is just a kid. Dealing with him high-handedly and in a condescending manner can and will only make matters worse.
- Consider how your child feels before you say or do something. His mental capacities are not well formed and developed yet, so it is only natural for his not to see things the way you see.
- While constructive criticism is healthy, criticizing him at every step he takes will only lead to feelings of worthlessness and subsequent psychological problems. Don’t let him feel that he’s not good enough. Give him the time to show you what he’s got, and you shall be amazed.
- Allow your baby to make his own choices in some cases, provided the consequences are not serious. This will make his responsible in the long run.
I have been taking novelon for 6 days now so now is it effective and there would be no issues if I get involve in intercourse without using condom ?
I miscarriage 2 times within the gap of 6 months due to no heart beat in second month first time and no foetal pole 2nd time in 3rd month. Can I have normal baby next time. I am having 2 daughters previously.
Good afternoon Doctor, I have a friend she is 22 years old. She has 22 mm cyst in her ovary. We consult the Doctor And he told us there is no serious issue with the cyst. We are confused what we can do? Kindly suggest us. Can cyst remove without operation? And give us your valuable suggestions please for this case.
I am 25 year old and I had sex last to last month. .last month I have late periods but thus month we do not have sex. And this month my periods are continuous from last 10 days .but with a little flow what is the problem.
I and my partner had sex without safety And the sperm was not let in my body inside He let it fell outside And I am worried about if some amount may be into my body And I take a smart pill or emergency pill I still didn't get the periods after 2 days After taking the smart pill Do I have to take another pill or Give me any suggestions please help to clear my doubt.
My mother have body vibrating problem when she work more neck hand more vibrate. My mother age is 55 now my mother take so many medicine but not work so many doctors give medicine but she take my mother only sleep and energy lost of body what I do now
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of natural medicine developed by samuel hahnemann, a german physician in the early 1800s. He discovered that the same substance that could cause a reaction in a healthy person could also be a remedy for someone suffering from similar symptoms.
That is the basic premise of homeopathy: like cures like. it may seem hard to believe, yet the approach to vaccination used in western medicine is a similar one, albeit one that is fraught with potential side effects, unlike homeopathy which is completely safe.
Homeopathy is a natural, holistic, approach to healing a person, using minute doses of specific remedies, rather than simply eliminating a particular symptom using a band-aid approach. Unlike many health models, the model for homeopathy is one of individualization. No two people are alike, so just because two people suffer from headaches, the homeopathic remedies provided for them may be completely different.
There are many benefits of homeopathic medicine, including:
1. It can be used by pregnant and nursing women;
2. It can be used by children and infants;
3. It does not interfere with medications taken by a person;
4. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all;
5. Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements;
6. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions;
7. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved;
8. Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing: one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated;
9. Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone;
10. Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing;
11. Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time;
12. Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive; and
13. There are many studies proving the effectiveness of homeopathy, when used correctly.