Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Salim MenonYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old female I feel so depressed nowadays and not able to come out from the situations sometimes makes me feel and draw back feeling that I can't do anything in my life and unfit to live.
After intense workout in gym (starting after 8 months) biceps and triceps have become painful. Worked one portion a day. Biceps and triceps are being trained in alternate days. How to get relief from pain?
I am retired from air force having severe giddiness when I look from top to bottom, right to left or while walking on the road. I was treated at moolchand hospital for 9 mths. It is slightly reduced but not fully gone. Giddiness started on 5-3-15 and since then I have been suffering. No doctor is able to tell the actual reason. I am loosing weight also. At present I am 55 years old and 58 kg weight.
Hi, I am 23 years old and suffering from backache pain since last few years. It happens sometime. I have used so many painkiller ointment for that but not getting any permanent solution or relief. Please suggest what to do.
Dear sir, I had right shoulder dislocation last year in January 2016. Now Can I go gymming and lift weights also guide if I can do swimming.
My right feet and heel has severe pain the toe of the right leg also pains a lot The heel pains only after resting for a while. It does not pain the whole day when I walk and do other work. Please tell.
Sir I AM AT 37 AND THERE IS PAIN IN MY KNEES AND AND WHEN CLIMBING ON STAIRS I FEEL PAIN IN BOTH KNEE. KINDLY SUGGEST TREATMENT OPTION . THANKS AND REGARDS.
I have c5 - c6 problem this I came to know today after mri Scan. Report says there is no compression on nerve root. But I am afraid.
Sir I am 8 weeks pregnant I am having pain in my back and abdomen. Miscarriage also occurred earlier before 8 months.
I have a knee problem. I have asked many doctors they said your ligament are weak. So how can I get rid of this problem.
I have pain in both knees during walking. During rest ei. Sitting ,lying on bed there is no pain .some to much pain during walking. Taking medicine of all therapy. No relief. Doctor says it is old age problem ,lack of lubrication in knees. I am pure vegetarian of 78 years old male. Pl advice action to be taken to get relief. With medicine. Ok.
My names is seema I have problem with joints pains I have taken many medicines what I should do now to get ride of this pains.
I have a habit of running but sir due to that my lower portion of back and knees are suffering from pain. So sir suggest me what to do as I stop running or how much I should run.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.