Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Salil ChoksiYour feedback matters!
9years old he had cough in report x.- ray-broncho -vascular markings r prominent Hb%13.8, RBC-5.1, WBC-WBC-22.6, plt-320, N/L-79H/13L. M/E-7/1 med. hetrazan100, xyzalsnia claribid250 sy- cosere-cosere-d all for ten days again same cough started after 1 month why this problem occur.
My daughter is 2.5 yrs old. Since long time she is suffering from cold and cough (specially at morning and evening time when environment becomes cold), giving normal cold and cough medicine with antibiotics symptoms goes away and re-appear every now and then. She was not able to get mother's milk after her birth due to lack of her mother's breast milk availability. We also carried out blood tests, which was normal, except a minor allergy hint. We are seeking a long term solution to this problem, any help in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
My niece is 8 years old but she is still doing pee during sleeping n playing although in school. Problem is that after doing it she not inform anyone and continue to doing her work. Please advise us. Thanks
My daughter with 09 years old while getting pain accidentally while playing by hitting on some where, losing Conscious and Sometimes starts Vomiting for few times. Please tell me same is the symptoms of any diseases or any disorder, if so which specialist doctor I have to consult. Please give a reply Soon thanks.
My sister had got baby last month 1 month complete her delivery so how much milk should she can take.
Hi I have baby who is one year old. Yesterday he was having red throat. So doctor suggested him timnik, ibugesic and FloraBS but today he is having severe cough. Please suggest what can be given in severe Dry cough.
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am blesses with baby girl. She is now 15 days old. I just want to know which oil we used for her during massage to get her bones and her too be strong.
My son 5 yr old my padetricin told me he is hyper active. I have consult with neurologist they advice me only for therapy no medicines require. But I consult with psychologist they advice medicine what should I do please advice me.
Stomach aches and pains are common in babies, infants and parents are always in search of quick fixer to help their little ones get a relief instantly. Though instant reliefs do not come always, and there are colicky infants and babies with common stomach problems, yet some remedies and treatments always help.
Stomach pain in older kids:
The common home remedies in not so serious pains are as follows:
- Let the child rest and lie down. This may help to ease the pain in 20-30 minutes.
- Give the child some liquid to drink, which is soothing, like light tea, soup, water or diluted fruit juice.
- Let the child go to the toilet and encourage him or her to pass stool. This may help ease off the pain sooner.
- Avoid any bulk food intake in one meal and divide it into smaller meals through the day until symptoms go away.
- Don't give oily and fried food. Give easy to digest food, mostly boiled or light fried.
- Avoid giving a medicine without medical advice.
These steps generally help and the pain goes away without going to a doctor immediately. If the pain is severe and is persistent in any one part of the abdomen, then it may require immediate medical attention. Common causes may be appendicitis or gall stone problem or may be a case of acute jaundice, diarrhoea, food poison, etc. Pain on pressing one part of the belly, or high body temperature with pain, and serious vomiting are serious symptoms which you must not ignore and take the kid immediately to a medical centre or doctor.
Stomach pain in infants:
Stomach pains in infants are caused due to extra air entering the stomach while feeding. This can be avoided by burping the baby manually. There are a few burping techniques which your paediatrician and baby care giver will show you.
If you are with a colicky baby, then you would try administering the baby's nursing bottle first. There are new age nursing bottle designs, which keep off extra air from entering the stomach. The extra air mainly causes the stomach pain, and therefore, the bottle which prevents mixing of air with milk or water keeps the baby safe from colicky pains. Keep baby colic pain syrups at home ready, and give the baby a dose as and when required. It will eventually give the pain a relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.