Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Salil BendreYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I have sometimes constant coughing. I hav done all the tests in relation to it things were fine. But in personal grounds its kind of irritating for me and doctors suggested its due to dust allergy. I wamt to get rid of it since it hinders me sometime at work.
What is the basic reason and causes of cough in changing season as I am suffering from it and what is the name of medicine?
I am 49 years old, I have pleural effusion on right side at lower portion, sonography result says, there is mild to moderate fluid in pleural cavity. No problem during day hours but needling pain after one phase of sleep during night around 1.30 am. Rest every thing is normal.
I am 20 year teen I suffer from suffocation at times n even breathlessness is quite often! Is it just coz of scarcity of oxygen in surrounding or I need to some medication? I even b tried very soon! Suggest me same ways to get over this.
I am suffering from suffocation problem, sometimes giddy suddenly heart start pumping, faint for 10 minutes. Kindly suggest whether need any test or consult with any doctor.
What r the symptoms of TB? And in which case it is possible. May gym responsible for gym or not? My fvr is fyn while having mdcn but I have it after some time of mdcn I can walk fyn having no strong cough too and have good energy level too in case of fever too Yessss but in my reports of liver SGOT is about 46 which shd he btwn 1 to 35 and ESR is 15 and shd btwn 0 to 10. Pls tell me about all the complications I am confuse Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from sinusitis I have to take levocitrizen everyday from last 4 years how to get rid off this. Once my doctor gave me Nucort its helps me for 1 year but again situation is same.
I have red eyed from past 3 days. That Monday from this Monday. And I also have fever highly. Cough and nose closed.
In 2016 Jan 6 m getting married. M happy with. My married life. But I dont want pregnancy right now. Atleast 5-6 years. N m husband not use any precautions during sex. Can you plzz suggest me any contraceptive pill. I read on net many times ki I pill is not good many side effects n all. So I little scared abt this. because I already previous tuberculosis n thts y m immunity weak. M getting sick fast.
I have breathing problem, heavy breathing, no stamina, I get tired fast. I am athlete and thats not good thing for a Sports person what should I do?
Lung cancer is caused by disorderly growth of uncommon cells which line the air passage, usually starting off in a single or both lungs. The irregular cells do not mature into healthy lung tissue but instead divide speedily and result in tumor formation.
Causes behind lung cancer:
- Smoking: This is considered as the most significant source of lung cancer. As reported by multiple researches and studies, cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, most of which are cancer causing agents. Active smoking is one of the major causes of lung cancer but what may come to you as a surprise is that extended periods of passive smoking is also a major factor.
- Pollution and Exposure: There is high risk of lung cancer development when there is occupational exposure to pollution by chemicals released from industrial factories. Chemical exposure of this kind refers to prolonged exposure over quite few months or years. Some examples of these chemicals are asbestos, diesel exhaust among many others.
- Radioactive Gas: Radioactive gases naturally occur in small masses present in all soils and rocks. However, if you breathe in radioactive gases your lungs will damage and may cause the development of abnormal tissue which can cause lung cancer.
- Family history: A family history of cancer, especially lung cancer will also put you at high risk of developing lung cancer.
Treatment methods of lung cancer:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a method in which drugs are injected through veins in your arm (intravenously) or orally or in a combination of both. These drugs kill cancer cells and help to stop it from spreading any further as well.
- Clinical Trials: These trials are experimental lung cancer treatment studies. You may have to try out this clinical therapy if other treatment methods aren’t working and only if you are accepted into it.
- Surgery: A surgeon will help remove affected areas of the lung including cancerous tumors via surgery. The surgeon may need to remove parts of the lung along with the cancerous growth. In certain cases, one side of the lung may also be completely removed to stop the spread of the malignant tissue.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a therapy where high energy electromagnetic waves are passed through your body to destroy cancer cells with the help of high-powered energy beams.
Can you prevent lung cancer?
- Nutrition -- A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables may also help reduce your risk of lung cancer. Some evidence suggests that a diet high in fruits and vegetables may help protect against lung cancer in both smokers and non-smokers. But any positive effect of fruits and vegetables on lung cancer risk would be much less than the increased risk from smoking.
- Exercise -- Even moderate amounts of exercise can aid in lung cancer prevention. Studies suggest that even something as simple as gardening twice a week is associated with a lower risk of developing lung cancer.
- Smoking Habits -- If you stop smoking before a cancer develops, your damaged lung tissue gradually starts to repair itself. No matter what your age or how long you’ve smoked, quitting may lower your risk of lung cancer and help you live longer.
- Avoidance of Air Pollution -- Long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and, in particular, particulate matter with absorbed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other genotoxic chemicals has been suspected to increase the risk for lung cancer. So, avoid air pollution as much as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!