Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sakhalkar Satish PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
Today is my 9th missing period date on 7th I have done urine test which was negative I am having back pain some time some time stomach pain is ter a chance I can be pregnant should I wait for more days? What should I do?
Large breasts are not just aesthetically unappealing but can also lead to a lot of structural problems including neck and back pain. This condition, called macromastia, is when either breast weighs more than 500 g. Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is aimed at reducing the size of the breasts followed by reshaping them if required. This will not just produce an aesthetically appealing image for the person but also can help relieve problems like neck and back pain.
Indications - When should you have breast reduction?
- There is constant back, shoulder, head, and/or neck pain
- Constant irritation of skin under the breasts
- Breathing difficulty
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- Poor posture
- Numbness in parts of the breasts and upper chest due to excessive weight
- Unhappy with the overall appearance
While these are the problems that mandate breast reduction, the following is a pointer towards who can go for the surgery. Needless to say, not everybody is a candidate.
- The person should have overall good health
- No active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Skin has adequate elasticity and can resume a firm consistency after the surgery
- Emotional and mental stability with loads of patience
- Done with childbirth and breastfeeding
- Be practical and have realistic expectations from the surgery
Overview of the procedure:
It is most often a combination of liposuction and gland reduction. Liposuction forms a small part of the procedure and it is the gland reshaping that actually reduces the size. There are many ways to do it and different surgeons may prefer different techniques depending on the size of the breast, quality of the skin, expectation of the patient. The two most common ways are one in which the final scars lie around the areola and vertically downwards and the other in which the scar is anchor shaped with an additional horizontal limb along the breast crease under the breast.
To achieve the best desired results, the first step is to have a detailed discussion. A thorough physical examination followed by mammographic evaluation will help arrive at the best possible technique. Along with the desired results, also discuss side effects, limitations, risks, postoperative care, recovery, and of course costs. Other factors are also to be considered including age, gestational history, feeding history, medication allergies, and detailed medical history including bleeding disorders, lung disorders, cardiac issues, etc.
A decision is then finally made to go ahead with breast reduction, which will not just improve her looks but also her confidence and relieve her of problems that back ache and neck pain.
I am 22 years old female. I never had acne in my life and I had fair glowing face. I am a hypothyroid patient and since 4 months I did not get my periods. I consulted a doctor and taking medicines for it. But since a month I had severe red spots on my cheeks. I never get pimples there at all. I am unable to identify whether its acne or some allergy. Pls help me.
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
I am 45 days late in my period and my urine preg test is negative. I went to the doctor and she said utreus is normal and gave some tables. After having for 2 days, no change. I had papaya juice the previous month and I got my periods at 30 days. Shld I take any test. I already have 2 kids.
If some1 has a regular monthly periods den it be possible DAT she is pregnant or it is not possible.
I am in 5th week of pregnancy n my beta hcg level is 7680 and my progesterone level is 17.62. Please advice if it is ok.
Alcohol can it affect your intimacy level with your partner, yes! But with this you might be wondering how can that be possible when you actually sustain yourself for long, maybe longer than you should be. It is probably the “whiskey penis”. Alcohol may give you a sense of elation at one point of time, but it is essentially a nervous depressant. The over consumption of alcohol mainly has a reduced effect on sensitivity for both men and women.
How alcohol affects sex life in men: The effect of alcohol on the sex life of men is immense. In most cases, chronic and acute cases of alcohol consumption have shown to reduce the production of testosterone in men. Since testosterone is the hormone that results in the increase in libido in men, the effects of alcohol really reduce the performance in men. It has shown to reduce pleasurability and it can also reduce the intensity of orgasms. Sometimes, it can cause difficulty in ejaculation or delayed ejaculation.
How alcohol affects sex life in women: Alcohol can have a very mixed effect on women in general. While it can increase sexual arousal and desire, it can also result in low sensitivity. Women have a higher percentage of fat as compared to water in their bodies, this means that alcohol has a more profound effect on their bodies as compared to that in men. Their bodies also take longer to process and eliminate the alcohol. While some women report a heightened sense of sexual arousal and an increase in the duration of the orgasm, a large number of women also complain of lesser lubrication.
Alcohol also has a psychological effect; that is the loss of inhibition that may help in developing carnal instincts when intoxicated. This psychological effect may have a more profound effect than the physiological effects as a result of which women might claim that alcohol does indeed help in better sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.