Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sakhalkar Satish PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I have tried 7 times iui 2 times ivf still my wife has not conceived I am now 40 and my wife 35 her amh now is 2.3 and my sperm count is 20 million I am thinking of now going for once again for ivf which is best centre what precautions should we both take her tubes are patent and no endometriosis or cist also let me know how shall I improve my sperm count
Hi i am 25 years old female I am suffering from backache at least I unable to sit for few minutes continuously and suffering from abnormal period cycle white liquid discharging through my reproductive organ my heart beat 100 per minute kindly let me know whats happening in my body.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a 21 years old girl. I need to know what should I do to reduce my intake too much of fast food as I stay out of the house all time and its impossible to get home cooked food all the day round. And notifying that I am foodie and love to eat every 3 to hrs in a small quantity.
How much alcohol can you safely drink every day? Moderate, say the experts. Alcohol abuse has serious health downsizes, but moderate drinking can actually be good for your heart. Moderate alcohol use has a few other health benefits too. Let’s see what these are.
- Reduces risk of developing and dying from heart disease
- Reduces your risk of ischemic stroke during which the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing reduction of blood flow to your brain
- Reduces your risk of diabetes
The link between alcohol and health is tenuous at best and the health benefits of moderate drinking are by no means certain. Also every one may not benefit from alcohol. Moderate alcohol use - Guidelines
One drink a day is considered moderate for healthy women of any age and men older than 65, and up to two drinks a day for men younger than 65. This alcoholic drink can be:
- Beer: 12 ounces
- Wine: 5 ounces
- Distilled spirits : 1.5 ounces
Moderate alcohol use can be counter-productive for you, if you have risk factors for heart disease. It’s always better to take care to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat a heart-healthy diet to reduce your heart attack risks.
Risks of heavy alcohol use
We know about the definition of moderate drinking, but what’s heavy drinking? It is defined as more than three drinks a day for women and men older than 65 (or more than seven drinks a week), and more than four drinks a day for men less than 65 (or more than 14 drinks a week).
Binge drinking is even worse. If you drink four or more drinks within two hours as a woman and five or more drinks within two hours as a man, it is referred to as binge drinking. Heavy drinking, including binge drinking, can increase your risk of serious health problems, like:
- Cancer, including breast cancer and cancers of the mouth, throat and esophagus
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas
- Sudden death due to pre-existing cardiovascular disease
- Alcoholic myopathy or damage to heart muscle, which causes heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Brain damage in fetuses
It’s best to ditch alcohol altogether. It is the healthiest thing you could ever do. The guidelines make it very clear that you shouldn’t start drinking alcohol, albeit moderately, to make your heart healthy. The best way to have a healthy heart is to eat and exercise right. However, if you are an occasional drinker, you could make sure that your alcohol intake is within limits and you drink moderately at all times so that you don’t attract any health penalties associated with heavy alcohol use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Women Health and Happiness
1.Have proper check on your cycle 2.Cancer Screening
3. Check PCOD
4.know your Contraceptives
5.Pre Pregnancy check up
7.Regular Health Checks
8.Bones to be healthy
My wife aborted on 1st july. She starts contraceptive pills MALA D last 5th july. Today we do direct intercross .any chances of pregnancy. Pl tell.
There are many organisms that live in our bodies and on the surface of the skin. These are usually harmless and do not cause any damage. But there are many organisms like viruses, fungi and bacteria that can cause infectious disorders known as infections. There are many kinds of infections that can affect the various parts of the body. These are generally caused by various things starting from contaminated food, to transmission from an infected person and more. Read on to know more about the kind of infections and their causes.
- Common Symptoms: The various kinds of infections usually have common symptoms including fever due the start of the immune system's fight against the infecting organism, as well as cough, cold, chills, fatigue, loss of appetite, loose motions and pain. All these symptoms point at the presence of an infection.
- Types: As mentioned earlier, infections can be of various types. Starting from viral infections that come with the change of seasons with allergy like symptoms, to STDs or sexually transmitted disease that are contagious and can spread with sexual contact, or even throat, stomach and other kinds of infections that can occur due to ingestion of contaminated food, insect bites and much more; there are several types of infections that can afflict the various parts of the body.
- Indirect Contact: There are many surfaces like sinks, faucets, keyboards, tables, door knobs and more, which can carry and pass on infections through contact. This is especially true for public places including public toilets which are the number one cause of UTI or urinary tract infection.
- Insect Bites: Fleas, tick, lice and even mosquitoes are all carriers of germs because they fly from one contaminated place to another, feasting on dirty and contaminated elements. A bite from one such insect can cause infections. Also, if we ingest food on which house flies and mosquitoes have been sitting, then we are risk of contracting infections.
- Food Contamination: Continuing from the point above, food and water contamination can lead to the travel of disease causing germs into your system which can spread infection. This can also happen when you eat old food that has not been stored under proper conditions, as there may be fungi or mould growing on it.
- Direct Contact: One of the causes of infection includes direct causes like contact with an infected person or animal. Coughing or sneezing on someone, getting bitten by an animal, or even mother to unborn child - there are many infections that can be spread in this manner.
Getting vaccinated on time can help in preventing many infections. This is especially important if you are travelling to various countries.
Hi, I'm a mother of 3 months old baby girl. I would like to know which fruits am I supposed to eat and avoid as I'm breastfeeding my baby.
Hello Pl tell me about menstrual cycle which days we can meet to conceived. We trying to our first baby.
My wife is 19 weeks pregnant. Today we got her scan done. Scanning guy told us heart rate is low 75 bpm and also blood supply is little low. Should we be worried? What should we do?
Today is my 11 day after iui is done in the morning I have seen white discharge is it a sign of pregnancy? Please advice.
Few Dietary Tips to maintain Body Temperature
My wife (34) is been diagnosed with bilateral polycystic ovaries, her TSH is 6.55 what treatment shall we go with, she is low built wt. 42 kg experiencing light chest pain, weakness, anxiety and recently has developed a very negative tendency.
Arnica alone will change your life! It is a fabulous homeopathic remedy for physical trauma (from accidents to childbirth), shock, bruising, exhaustion, jet lag and much more.
Calendula ointment or cream is Nature’s finest antiseptic. Available in most health food stores, made from marigolds, it promotes rapid healing and prevents wounds from turning septic.
Have a great week