Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SajniYour feedback matters!
1. This fruit is packed with plenty of vitamins such as vitamin a and e to improve your eyesight. In addition to it, custard apple has vitamin b2 and riboflavin that protect your eyes from vision problems.
2. Facilitates digestion- Rich in copper and dietary fibre, custard apple helps keep your digestive tract in the pink of health. The digestion of food and its passage through the gut and intestinal tract becomes smoother.
3. Treats arthritis- Magnesium in custard apples maintains a healthy balance of fluids and electrolytes in your body. This removes the excess of acids and fluids in your joints which leads to inflammation.
My girlfriend last period date was 3rd September and we sex on 30th August also used condom but still she has without period. And something white liquid discharging. There would be any risk of pregnancy? please reply me soon.
Is it there any type of cutting of vaginal opening happens during the normal delivery to a woman?Please help sir .
I am married since 10 months .but no sign of pregnancy to my wife .I have been tested semen analysis .Dr said that your motility level is very low .(1-4) that too dead .plz suggest me how to diagnose me.
Painful periods. Gastro pain during periods and light lower abdominal pain during 1st day. Pain relieves after vomiting.
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors.
How can I know my vagina is long? because he feels my vagina is deep because he is not able to feel sucked in the vagina. please help.
My gf period date was pn 7 oct she is getting pain of period pr usse period aa nhi rhi hai dard hai periods ka pr blood nhi aarha hmne sex kiya tha 21 sep ko pr test negative hai 8oct ko chck kiya tha to kya problem kya ho pregnant hogai hai ya koi or baat h kyuki 1 week phle she was suffering from fever cough.
Hello sir. I am 21. 14th August I lost my virginity. My cycle date is 28. He was also a virgin. We used a condom and he didn't even ejaculated inside me. But now few days to my period I am not having any menstrual cramps. Can you please give me some advice.
Hi After 3 months of pregnancy, should it be good to continue intercourse upto giving birth of child? May I continue it after 3 months.
I am 51 years old, at menopausal stage. Sometimes feel hungry even after eating full meal and sometimes don't feel hungry at all because of which my weight gets added easily. I am 80 kgs though I walk everyday for minimum 1 hour a day on week days and 2 hours a day on weekends. I doubt that the weight gain causes knee pain. In addition to that I get knee swelling after every exhaustive day or strenuous work. Please advise.
Hi I have very uncertain periods and I got married on april 2015 and before marriage my period come on 15 april 2015 and after marriage my first period is on 29 june 2015 which is normal after that my period come on 18 july 2015 just for 2 days and till now my period didnot come. Whenever I tke pregnancy test it is negative. Is there possibility of pregnancy. Please guide me and help me to get my period regularly.
Ovulation is that period between the last menstrual cycle and the next menstrual cycle when the chances of pregnancy are the highest.
Hii. It's been two months I had a chemical pregnancy and I am not able to conceive I have been trying everyday. But it's not turning out b positive. My pelvis report is cleared. My thyroid and blood report is also normal. What could b the problem and how could I conceive as soon as possible?
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
Report to a Doctor as soon as any symptom related to miscarriage appears.