Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sajid Kantharia
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sajid KanthariaYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from teeth pain when ever I have drink cold water. What is the problem. Which medicine is better to solve.
I am suffering from dental problem blood is coming for the time of brush and even I press my teeth so please tell me.
I m 23 years old. My left second incisor teeth is shaking. Only three incisor teeth are in straight line but left side incisor teeth is little behind the rest of the teeth. Usually while brushing front upper and lower tooth bleeds. What to do?
I am 32 years old and from past 6 months I am noticing a cyst on my tongue. Is it any case of panic. This is harmless, not increasing, not paining. Do I need to remove it surgically or just can ignore it. I am non alcoholic, and don't consume tobacco products.
I'm 25 years male! I have a problem in my low and Upper lip! Got rashes in the outer surface of lower and Upper lip! Its too dry! And painful too can even open my mouth!
I am always troubled by tooth ache as soon as I eat chocolate or sweets. Tough I brush twice a day I m not satisfied with it. Please help me to sought out this problem.
I have cavities in molars both side. The dentist suggested if I want to wear tooth Braces, Two teeth should be removed. Already I have removed a teeth. So I am afraid of it. What should I do? Please Suggest me!
I have bad smell coming from my mouth. And two teeth are damaged by germs. What should I do to control bad smell from mouth?
She is 56 yes old. Suffering from pain in complete upper and lower jaws and fore head region. On examination dentist told tenderness in relation to upper right and left second premolars and lower left second molar, but there is no caries. And there is no findings in x- ray. No calculus only little debris present. What could be the region.
Hllow sir I am ujjwal sk. Age 24 I have some pain ii my mouth. When I brush in morning then being bleeding. So, sir, what I do.
Hi, I have space between teeths, if I go for surgery to remove space then I get any problems in future please clarify my doubt.
I have very sensitive teeth. Sometimes after drinking cool water I couldn't speak. Can you suggest me some medicine for it.
I am suffering with mouth ulcers trice in a every month. I used bplex forte tab twice a day. Still I suffering with same problem. So please give me a solution for this.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.