Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sajid .J.MusaniYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam My daughter doesn't consume milk from breast Even she doesn't hv any cough and cold. If we put breast milk in a bottle then she can have easily. please suggest me what should I do for her. Or suggest me any substitute instead of breast milk Thank you.
My baby is 3 months old he is drinking enough formula and I am breastfeeding him frequently but I am not having enough milk Is there any problem in this.
My baby is 10 month old. He is drinking formula milk plus my milk. In day time and evening time I give him Buffalo milk. Fruits and vegetables in day time. But in night time my baby wants formula milk .His present weight is 8 .95. Is it is good to have formula milk in night time.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.
I have a 4 month old baby, when should I start giving him fruit juices or start with cerelac as he is not gaining much weight.
My newborn boy baby 7 days old. Sometimes his breath is too strong and fast. I could feel his stomach go up and down fast and strong sometimes. Though its not continuous it happens often. Is this something I need to be worried about.
My baby born at 30 weeks .now she's 7th month old .when I feed her food she doesn't eat more than 1 spoon .she doesn't like anything. Pls give some suggestions?
My daughter age is 17 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
My 3 years baby not eating any type of food from last one week. She was irritating and vomiting .I am using longifene -DS syrup from yesterday but she was not today also. Whwt I do.
At the time of baby sleeping ,he is not waking up after so many try and after some time he was normal wakeup and than sleep, is this behavior is normal for newborn baby.
Can a nephrotic syndrome child take salt in food? Is it harmful for him? How can nephrotic syndrome be cured?
My daughter is having cough from last two weeks, her prescription was mobilisation with levolin and budecort but they the effect was very less now doctor has prescribed Ventorlin syrup and montair lc tab and to do sinus x ray, is the prescription will reduce her cough.
My child had cough and fever post Consulting with Dr. he is not feeling good with cough. What should I do?
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? my two and half year old son has not taken a nap in quite a while. But seem to do ok.
My baby boy 1.5 months. (4.8 kg) splitting milk through nose almost daily & through mouth also. Doctor says its normal. But he gets breathless for the moment & we scare a lot. Also he gets gases much & do not feel comfortable during sleeps until he splits the milk. Please suggest, if it can be cured / reduced with medicine. Any test are required?
My 6 months old baby girl suffering from cold and cough. After consulting my pediatric I gave her maxtra drops. 7ml twice a day, levolin and zifi 100 twice a day 2ml of both. 5 days passed but not much improvement in the cough and cold. Sometimes she coughs alot and vomit all the milk. Please advice me what to do? PS: I gave her steam 2 times a day.
My 33 months old boy's head always seems to have temp than normal. I used to apply castor oil on hs sole to reduce the body heat. Imdtly he has running nose with sneeze. How can I help him to have normal temp. Is hs BMI nrml?
My 21 days baby frequently vomits from mouth and nose in thick consistency, I have low milk n from starting day she is on bottle feed, my paediatric suggested dexloc ,I am worried about my baby ,my gynec given me galakol tab to increase milk but no use, pediatric given domstal fr vomiting, please help me to increase milk.
The problem of early childhood trauma refers to disturbing experiences that take place in children during 0-6 years of age. The traumas that young children experience can be the effects of natural disaster, war or accidents or that of intentional violence like sexual abuse, domestic violence or physical abuse.
How Does this Condition Impact Childhood?
Traumatic events have a significant impact on your child's life and can break his sense of safety. The problem has been linked with a decrease in the size of the brain cortex. This is the part of the brain that controls several complex functions like thinking, consciousness, memory, attention, awareness, and language. The changes that occur as a result can affect your child's IQ as well as his or her ability to control emotions. As a consequence, he or she may harbor feelings of danger and become more afraid or it may manifest in other personality issues which are not very obvious.
How do you identify this condition?
Generally, children who suffer from traumas face problems in regulating their emotions and behaviors.
They may display signs like:
- Fear of new situations
- Being clingy to their parent(s) or somebody close
- Become easily frightened
- Display aggressive and/or impulsive behavior
- Are difficult to comfort
- Display deterioration in behavior and functioning
- Easily forget newly attained developmental skills
- Difficulty in sleeping
Depending on the age during which your child may go through a traumatic event, he or she can exhibit signs relevant to his or her age.
Children aged 0-2 years may also display reactions like poor verbal skills, memory problems, excessive temper, experience nightmares, etc.
On the other hand, children aged 3-6 years can face difficulties in learning as well as develop poor skill and learning disabilities, face problems in social interaction, may be unable to trust people and so on.
If this condition remains unattended or unresolved for longer, it may create personality issues and can deeply impact the individual's relationships, or equations in the society, as they grow up and even after they become adults. In fact, many behavioral problems can be traced back to childhood trauma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.