Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My daughter is of 15 months she had fell down so many times from bed. We don't no were it hurt, after 20 minutes again she will start playing. Will the hurts effect her later.
Hello sir, I am getting cough and cold every month and it took more than a week to relief if I will not get any medicine. What should I do?
Hello doctors. Practine jo syrup hai kya vo 4 years ke baby ku dose daisaktai hain kya becouse my child sleeping nahi karti uski age 4 year runnig hai moring 9: 30 ku othti hai night ku one o clock ku soti hai doctor please help me aur growth b kam hai 10 kg ki hai meri beby.
My new born baby have discharge from both eyes. Its appear as pale yellow. Please suggest good eye drops. Is it normal?
My baby is 6 weeks. She does not look at me. But she looks n follows his dad. I feel like emptynes. Is the reason being I lack something .or being c section I was the last to hold her? Does any other pschyology behind.
My 3 year old is sick with a Temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Tomorrow 3rd Oct'15 will be my son's first birth day. He doesn't have a single tooth as of now. What should be the probable reason for the same.
I have a kid of 8 months she often feels difficulty while passing motion she struggles a lot and yesterday we met a doctor suggested to give pielin kid for 10 days and another doctor suggested durlcolum syrup can you please suggest me and now my kid is stepped to 9 months still she is in scrolling stage but she tries to front but many people says that your kid has to go front and many kids had been started walking if this is the situation remains the same you have to give treatment to her is it sir her weight is 7 kgs.
My new born baby (13 days) is crying wen I lay her in bed. She is showing irritations. She is also crying while passing urine. Is dat is a pblm pls rly.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.