Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sailesh MehtaYour feedback matters!
My lipid prof.-total cholesterol-122. HDL-47. LDL-50. TRIGLYCERIDES-190. VLDL- 38. PL. Let me know problem of having HIGH TRIGLYCERIDE.
Hoping someone can put my mind at rest. In January, I had a nasty virus which led to chest pains, feeling terrible, palpitations, went to doctors, had ECG and bloods, all normal. Was taking Cerazette mini pill at time, stopped taking it. Started feeling a little better but again started. please advise.
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with a doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life.
Dear sir. One week ago I did my general health checkup from thyrocare. My CRP level was 4.32.is it at high risk for heart attack? If so then how can I prevent or what are your suggestions for me.
Dear Madam, Please send the what time to take the dates. My HDL is very low and cholesterol is very high. My age is 57. Best time to take dates for health benefits. I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible. Thanks. PK BANDOPADHYAY.
Which medicine should I take for my chest and back pain. Or would you recommend me doing some exercises for back and chest.
I have a problem of high blood pressure since a long time. My age is 23. And also a headache in alternate days.
I layer down to bed on chest. Since that time to still my chest is paining in the middle only while walking aur laying. What should I do? Please help me out from this.
49 years having high BP 132/80 taking medicine olkam 40 once a day at 9 p. M. With Etizola plus 10 prescribed by doctor. Is it ok? Please advice.
If you have high cholesterol (a total cholesterol level of 240 milligrams per deciliter of blood or above), taking steps to lower it can greatly reduce your chances of having a heart attack. For every 10% drop in your cholesterol level, your heart attack risk falls by 20% to 30%.
Choose healthy fats. Avoid saturated fats, which increase unhealthy LDL levels and steer clear of trans fats, which both raise LDL and lower protective HDL. Instead, substitute healthier unsaturated fats found in fish, nuts, and vegetable oils.
Go with whole grains. Whole–grain breads, pastas, and cereals help prevent a blood sugar roller coaster and make you feel full longer. Many of these foods contain fiber, which can help lower LDL levels.
Make other healthy choices. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Ideally, substitute these for processed foods and sweets. Choose fat–free milk instead of whole milk. Opt for low–fat yogurt and pick brands that are not loaded with sugar.