Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Saifee DohadwalaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever from last 10 days. I take medicine from medical store but I didn't see any change in my health. What can I do?
Is there any possibility to avoid asthma? If yes then which? Homeopathy or allopathy? please tell me.
I'm suffering from bipolar disorder and my hands and face are vibrate every time and what is solution give me advice.
Me and my girlfriend had protected sex last month. Her actual period date was 1st Nov. But till now she didn't get. What is the reason? Is there any pregnancy chances?
I am suffering from backbone pain. When I get up from bed its pains. Is it spondylitis or something else. Please help me out of this difficult situation of cough and cold.
Im suffering from high cough and headache from past 15days. I used lot of still no result. What should I do.
When I was 14 years my left ear became deaf, don't know the reason for that. Is there any permanent solution for that so that I must be able to hear?
I am married and I have two kids but from last few months I have sex problem. Whenever I go for sex with my partner early discharging happens. I cannot satisfy my partner. Kindly suggest something.
I have some kind allergy from last seven days and also my eyes are getting dark red and some fever also so please tell me some solution for this I'm highly obliged.
I am 34 years old I have inside mouth upper jaw is in black color. so, what is the reason. please suggest.?
My husband snoring in night to his mouth nd his snores differently his whole body move with snoring what am I do for it.
Is drinking goat milk during dengue is helpful in curing dengue? Please tell me the what precautions should be taken after having dengue?
I am 36 years male. I am suffering from body pains since 4 months. Especially night time and morning wake up time. I am diabetes and hypertension patient. Both are in normal. I visited ortho. General physician. Rheumatologist. No body clear my problem. All test normal. Cbc. Lft. Renal function. Ldh. Cpk. Ana. R factor. Crp. All normal. My cardiology also clear. Pulmonology also clear. Pls advise me.
M 21. I had unprotected sex with my bf on 23rd jan He assures that he did not ejaculate. Now m facing problems like nausea, stomach ache, body aches, leg pain, headache. Expctd period date is 11th. Could these be signs of pregnancy?
Hello doc I am 20 yrs, day before yesterday I sucked blood after a cut on my friend . After that from three days m having itching in my body and whenever I put on my jeans and shirt everything is normal itching gradually decreases. And I can surely say that she does not have HIV . Is there any chances of communicable disease? Or is there any other reasons behind my itching .
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.