Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sahil ManhasYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old female. I feel pain in my gums. While I do brush regularly and its also swelling. What I do.
Have removed two molars. Doctor suggest to implant teeth.What is the cost of implants , advantage and disadvantage ?
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
People have a lot of misconceptions regarding orthodontic / braces treatment.
1. Most commonly I have heard people say if you extract healthy teeth for orthodontic treatment eyesight is affected. Now that is not true. If that was the case then when your teeth decays your eyes should also have the effect. Your teeth are in no ways connected to your eye.
2. Braces weaken your teeth: no braces do not weaken your teeth in fact well aligned teeth are much stronger than crooked teeth because you can clean them better.
3. Braces are meant only for children: that was the early adage. With new technology now braces have become invisible and even adults can get their teeth aligned without the braces being visible outside.
4. Braces can be put only after all permanent teeth have erupted. Not only teeth can be mal aligned but in few cases the jaw bones are also mal aligned. When such is the case visit a orthodontist at a very early age so that we can alter your jaw growth. Once growth ceases you will have to undergo surgery to correct the jaw problem. Ideal age to have your kids shown to an orthodontist is 7 years.
5. Braces do all the job we don't have anything to do. Braces will do their job only if you allow them to. Follow your orthodontist instructions properly and meticulously. Do not break your braces by eating hard food substances. Keep your mouth clean.
Hope these instructions help some of you.
Since the past one year I am having too much deposit on tounge. I hardly ever had to use a tongue cleaner before but now I am having to use it twice a day. What is the significance of this problem?thanks in advance.
Hi, I am 50 year old, facing teeth sensitivity issue since last 2 months. Am taking pain killer and also changed to oroguard toothpaste after consulting dentist. Still no effect.
Hie doctor I'm 23 years old. One of my teeth is getting loose (down side 3rd one from middle side}. I don't want to replace nor I want keep cap r something. So how shud it get stronger n healthier naturally.
I'm a 23 years old boy and I feel blood in my mouth any time from gums, especially morning while brushing, it started before 6 months, due to this my mouth stinks sometimes why it is happening please tell the solution to stop this nonsense Thanks.
Is piarrohea and gums bleeding can be cured permanently? Even its since 2 year? Tell me please if it can be cured for lifetime and if I can gain earlier like white teeth.
Hi doctor. I am 29 years old, my teeth all in not in order can I make a clip now and then how much cost is that approximately.
Hello, I am suffering from the wisdom tooth pain issue. I am having wisdom tooth which has not grown fully. Only some portion of wisdom teeth is visible from outside and some part of skin is trying to come on the top of half grown wisdom teeth. I am very nervous and little tense regarding this issue. I have also taken xray for the same. Wisdom teeth is preety straight so this is good for me but There is one black line in xray in the root of the wisdom teeth. Doctor told me this is an infection. Do I need to use any antibiotic to relive from pain? In future, Do I need to remove this wisdom tooth? Please suggest me the right direction to solve this issue as I am very much tensed. Thanks a lot in advance.
Hello I have small white spot inside my cheeks both side front of my lower teeth it's non painful I don't know what it is. It's just looking like small white dot in red skin both side. Thanks Advance for your help.
मेरे मसूड़े दांतों से पीछे हट रहे हैं कुछ समाधान बताएं बहुत ज्यादा तंग हो चुका हूँ कुछ उपचार बताएं और खाँसी के साथ बलगम में खून आता है कुछ उपाय बताए धन्यवाद
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.