Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sahi SinghalYour feedback matters!
I have a dark brown patch on my thigh. I consulted a doctor he told me it could be a mole or some kind of birth mark. It appeared first when I was 13 now it is expanding as I grew. I tried few ointments and lotions on it. But no luck. Is it really a mole or birth mark or is it a skin disease.
I want to reduce my weight earlier and I want my skin clear and I have white heads on face and wants to be remove how can I? R.
I am 20 years old male. I am having painful defecation. Doctor told me of anal fissure with internal haemorrhoids. I take betadine bath.
I have a very oily face. Even though I wash my face with soap at least 5/6 times a day, my face becomes oily within few minutes. I have used special oil removing face wash and gels but it has not helped at all. Please suggest any special method that I should use to keep my face oil free or prescribe any food diet that I should follow.
How will I remove my dark circles around my eyes and how to improve my personality from thin body to fat body.
When I had ride my bike for a long distance, my hands skin is naked n the sunlight strike its for a long duration , N I feel that my skin had burnt. Tel me wat to do next to cure it.
2. Take 10ml of flax seed oil daily
3. Avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration
4. Keep your weight in normal range.
Hi. I am having a lot of prob with my skin. I av like tiny rashes with heads or sumtym big acne fluid bump on my face. I tried mny antibiotic, ointments med ntg wrk vt me. N sumtym it spreads lk tiny rash wth itchin n sumtym I'm reli normal my skin. Bh most f time it's big acne water red fluid bump like. N it keeps spreading. Is there anything I cud do 2 cure them ?
My wife is 27 years old, from last 3 weeks some white round spots are seen in her skin (both hand & chest). What should I do?
I want my skin looking younger and glowing and fairer plg suggest some home base methods or any night cream for perfect me. My age is 31 years old and my face is oily.
Mera skin color bht dark ho gya h pregnancy k waqt se dark hona shuru hua ab 1 jan ko meri delivery b ho gai ab 4 months ho gye hain phr b mera skin color dark hi h mera real color white to nhi tha pr achha colour tha saaf color tha pr ab bht dark ho gya h please kuchh home made tips btaiye. Taki mera face ka colour saaf ho jaye.
My mom is suffering skin problem. There is whitening in some places of body and it is increasing day by day. I have some some snap of that skin area. I took medicine after prescribing medicine by Dermatologist but it is still not decreasing. Please help me out. If need any examination I am ready to do. I want to know why and how to diagnose this disease. P.S. Here do not have attachment option.
I am having scars on my back what should I do to get them fixed they are not good to me any solution.
My cousin is facing Anal fissure problem. When he consulted Dr. he has prescribed one Gel, even applying that gel he feels some sharp pain that he could not bearable. How to over come from this problem. He is 62 year old Male. Please need your advice as early as possible.
Sunscreens help shield you from the dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF), which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays doesn't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for relaxing, swimming or you are traveling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you. Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
- Broad Spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
- High UVA protection: Penetration of UV rays of the sun can be easily prevented and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
- Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen, which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
- Medicated Products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
- Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting most productive effects. You can apply the cream, especially before going under direct sun.
- Skin friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
- Correct application of sunscreen: Apply on exposed areas: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed towards sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
- Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
- Frequent application: If you are willing to get best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way out other than applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
- Wearing sun protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others.