Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sahasra BuddeYour feedback matters!
Please tell me the symptoms of zika virus. How can we identify the virus. What are the major causes of thus virus.
doctor i am suffering from stomach pain and i have problem in my eyes it feels itching all the time what should i do ? please advice
I am 40 plus and my problem is early ejaculation during intercourse with my partner, which is creating problems in my married life. May I have not used any medicine at all. My partner is mostly not satisfied. Please guide .
I am 26 years old girl. I have habit not to share my problems with others. With this I feel stressed and have an headache due to this. I was a working lady. Now I am at home and feel weak health wise. Though I am not working I feel like I am losing energy instead. Why?
Mere uncle he jinki age lagh bhag 45 yrs. He unko jaundice (piliya) hua he, treatment liya he ache specalist se, but jaldi recover hone ke liye koi ache se diet btaye.
I have struggle stomach pain past three week. I had taken PAN40 pill. Now I am getting pain and burning. What will do?
My age is 54. I am in post menopause time. My problem is wait. In spite of doing regular exercises and balanced diet I am facing wait problem. I am unable to melt my wait. This may be due to hormone imbalance. But how long this is going to be bothering me. Now my wait is 64kgs. I feel fatigue, body heavyness and more appetite. Please advice how to maintain my wait.
I am sixty yrs male, having diabetes. I take pio plus2two time a day, amryl2 two times a day, telvas h, one time a day. My sugar level never comes down below 200. Please suggest suitably.
I want that testosterone in me should be released more n more and also want to grow my penis in size and girth. My present size is 3'5inches. I find ol those symptoms which you hav mentioned in that post. My weight is65kg and my height is 5ft&10inches. My blood count is10pts.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.