Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sagar Salunke
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sagar SalunkeYour feedback matters!
My hair is falling and when I eat something bitter, my hair have been energy. Why? Any solution both of the questions.
I have severe acne problem and scars on my face I have a hamerroghaic cyst in my left ovary also How can I rid of it as soon as possible?
I am just 18 and I am suffering from reversing hairline It's actually kind of genetic as my father also has less hair but he lost his hairs in his 30s while I lost it in my 14-18 yrs Can you pls provide a proven method to regrow my hairs I also have to stop hair growth and make my hair thick as my hair is very thin.
I have a black lips wht can I do. To lighten my lips colour and my colour is so fair now it became dark nd unglow. Plzz suggest.
I am of 17 years and there is lot of holes caused by pimples and the portion nera and above is oily. please give me solution of this problem which can be solved by some home remedies.
I am 21 years old. I have a cyst like thing on my chin which is there for almost a year. Though I don't feel any pain it looks bad. What should I do?
Sir, I am 40 yrs old. Suffered with white patches in my lips for the past 20 years. First it starts a small white dot, but it growth such 1 inch in my lips. Kindly give me a remedy.
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for clear skin?