Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sagar KarvinYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am asking a query about my mother's health. She is 50 years old and not having any bp or diabetes till now. She is quite well in health. But now from last 1 years shes having arthritis in her both knees. She takes pain killer and follow her daily activities. She is very active but this pain ruining her health. Please suggest what kind of nutrition she can take to overcome this and what are the prognosis of this decides. Tha s and regards.
I have a back office job and I am suffered from back pain it's very bad felling for me please me causation to how it solve my problem please sir.
I am suffering from leg pain, knee pain because of accident this pain is start how do I relief from this pain.
I have backache last 2 months and have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief what should I do now?
Sir, I am 49 years old male, having pain since four years in both thighs but increased due to lifting of a gas cylinder (5 days back, MRI (3 year old) shows some space decrease between L4-L5 & L5-S1 also somewhat decrease in Lordotic curve. Please give me your consultation.
I am suffering from cervical for the last 08 years. What is the remedy. What type of physical exercise is recommended.
Sir, I already done two times orthoscopy by doctor for removing loose body generate in right knee. But in MRI again show loose body (synovial chondromatosis. Can I done orthoscopy third time for remove loose body or it is reaksable. Please advice me.
I had knee pain from Last year. Doctor said to do blood test. And he said the disease is bone TB. IS it any disease?
My father having knee problem. We consulted the orthopedic doctor. He suggested should be replace knees. We are OK with that but we have a doubt his age around 62 if we go for knee replacement it will use for future or not. Please let me know. We have seen few after knee replacement still there are suffering and unable to walk also. Kindly let us know for knee replacement.
Facial paralysis is when there is a loss of voluntary movement of the face on one or both sides. The following are the most common causes of facial paralysis.
- Bell’s palsy, the most common cause of facial paralysis
- Stroke is another major cause of facial paralysis, could be combined with right side arm/leg paralysis
- Tumours, affecting the facial region can exert pressure on the nerves and lead to paralysis
- Infections such as herpes zoster infections cause paralysis
- Difficulty in speech, eating and drinking
- Closing eyelids, movement, and expressions become difficult
- Loss of sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
Ayurveda believes in not just correcting the paralysis but improving overall health so that there is no recurrence and other areas are also prevented from being affected. According to it, increased vata causes paralysis and so treatment includes correction of it plus prevention of vata accumulation through diet and lifestyle changes.
Dietary and lifestyle changes:
- Avoid cold and sour foods like curd, buttermilk, ice creams, cold foods like cucumber, banana, watermelons, etc.
- Avoid fermented foods as they aggravate Vata
- Reduce or avoid pulses like dal as they can worsen gas accumulation
- Substitute rice with wheat
- Substitute cow’s milk with buffalo milk
- Avoid smoking and alcohol completely
- Diet must be easily digestible and simple with lot of green leafy vegetables
- Avoid foods which can cause constipation
- Beejband or country mallow: This has nerve stimulating properties and so useful in paralysis of any sort
- Kali Mirch or black pepper: Used as a water gargle, it is beneficial in correcting paralysis
- Lavanga or cloves: People with Bell’s palsy were given water to which some drops of clove oil were added, and they showed remarkable benefits.
- Mulethi or licorice: This is proven to be effective in stopping the progression of paralysis. People with Bell’s palsy, in whom there was involuntary tearing, had a stoppage of the symptom.
- Ashwagandha capsules: They treat paralysis and also reduce anxiety and stress and depression. It helps by calming and rejuvenating the entire nervous system. It also helps control muscle and joint pains and reduces stiffness. It also helps control insomnia and allows for improved blood pressure.
- Curcumin: This is very beneficial in Bell's palsy patients. With its rich antioxidant content, it reduces free radical release and helps control inflammation and reduces oxidative stress.
- Nirgundi oil: It also cures the imbalance between Vata and Kapha in the body. Massaging with this oil heals injured facial muscles and nerves and improves paralysis. It also eliminates toxins and prevents greying of hair. Its anti-inflammatory properties provide relief from inflammation and pain.
Pranayam, meditation is sure useful in this condition. Do start asanas, slowly begin with surynamaskar. Along with this, one can take Shastrokta medicine, that are-- 1. Ekangvir Ras vati 1 or 2 bd + Maharasnadi kashay ghan vati 2+2 during the day.