Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sadika F Solkar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sadika F SolkarYour feedback matters!
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I masturbate. I feel fatigue most of the time. How to overcome the fatigue and gain stamina back. Good suggestions needed.
I am 22 years old.In my teenage I was addicted to masturbation doing it every single day. The amount of semen ejaculated every day was quite okay. Then I realised its not good so for the past two years I am doing it once or twice a week. The semen ejaculated is even now quite good but in case I do it for consecutive days, the second time amount of semen is very low. Should I need to worry about it?
Good morning Sir, I've issue with my penis size & ejaculation. It's only about 6.5cm (l)×8cm (c) & within 10-12 min it ejaculates. How I can stay for a long time in bed and should I use any enlargement cream/oil/supplement if yes which is the best C. O. S. & how can I satisfy to my partner please prescribe.
It take lot of time to persuade my wife for having sex. She is least bother about all these things I mean to say less interested. Further more what is solution.
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth white chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles and can later form serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner mount with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips of skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage the broken tooth, and the first steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after the tooth break, you may take a painkiller like acetaminophen. This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You must try sticking some sugar-less chewing gum on the tooth to prevent cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try gulping the food and chew less, or go on a liquid diet to avoid touch of much food with the broken tooth unless it gets the first treatment.
Filing and Bonding- the initial treatment
On going to the dentist based on the tooth break condition, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filing or bonding is the general remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed in case it is one of the rear teeth. The tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around.
If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged more than a root canalling may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown will be worn over the broken teeth so that it gets a natural look and the hardness to chew. You may lose sensations permanently on the tooth if the root nerve is blocked during the process. Else you will have a cosmetically working tooth for a few years until the crown wears off and needs a re-crowning.
I am having Continues headache from last 7 days. And I noticed its happening most when I watch TV. Or use mobile.
Eating less at night may make next day easier
Health tip: care for your mattress
Insomniacs may be more sensitive to pain
Sleep apnea treatment may help lower diabetes risk
Sleepwalking parents have sleepwalking kids
Want more news? sign up for medicinenet newsletters!
Monday, june 8, 2015 (healthday news) -- concentration and attention problems caused by sleep deprivation might be eased by eating less late at night, according to a new study.
The research included 44 volunteers, aged 21 to 50. For three days, they were given unlimited access to food and drink during the day. But they were only allowed to sleep four hours a night.
" adults consume approximately 500 additional calories during late-night hours when they are sleep-restricted" senior author david dinges, director of the unit for experimental psychiatry and chief of the division of sleep and chronobiology at the university of pennsylvania in philadelphia, said in a university news release.
On the fourth night, about half of the participants continued to have unlimited access to food and drink. The other half were restricted to water from 10 p. M. Until they went to sleep at 4 a. M.
At 2 a. M. On each of the four nights, the participants underwent tests to measure their memory, thinking skills, sleepiness, stress level and mood.
On the fourth night of sleep restriction, those who fasted had better reaction times and fewer attention lapses than those who ate, the findings showed.
Also on the fourth night, those who ate had much slower reaction times and more attention lapses compared to the first three nights. The people who fasted didn't show a decrease in performance, the investigators found.
The study was scheduled to be presented this week at the annual meeting of the associated professional sleep societies in seattle. Findings presented at meetings are generally viewed as preliminary until they've been published in a peer-reviewed journal.
In another study to be presented at the meeting, the same team of researchers found that adults with chronic lack of sleep have a reduced metabolism. The researchers suggested that people may need to compensate for this loss of calorie-burning power by increasing their physical activity levels or reducing their calorie intake to prevent weight gain after sleep deprivation.
This study included 36 healthy adults aged 21 to 50. Their resting metabolic rates -- how much energy their bodies use when relaxed -- was measured after normal nights of sleep, and after five nights of sleeping just four hours a night.
Resting metabolism decreased after sleep deprivation, the study found. The good news is that it returned to normal after a night of recovery sleep, according to the study.
" short sleep duration is a significant risk factor for weight gain and obesity, particularly in african americans and men" study senior author namni goel, a research associate professor of psychology in psychiatry at the university of pennsylvania, said in the news release.