Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhana SuranaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam, they before yesterday I. E, Mar 1st n8 we had intercourse with my husband without any protection. Due to my marriage ihad taken pill on 27 Feb to delay the menstrual cycle which is on Mar 1st. Will I get pregnancy. We decided not conceive for 1 year. Please help.
I am 6 weeks 2 days pregnant and my doctor prescribed me duphaston jusprin 18 mg and follicum tablets. I had missed abortion last year and having hypothyroid also and from last 4 days am unable to take my hypothyroid tablet due to lack of stock in my area. It will take one more week to bring tablets from india. Will it effect my baby and when I should go for scanning of my baby to know about heartbeat.
There are 10 classic strategies to be used during pregnancy that can support the health and well-being of mom and baby, and keep the prana and apana vata in balance.
1. Favor Your Cravings. The most important advice is to eat what you naturally desire. Follow a well-balanced diet, with meals including adequate amounts of protein, healthy starch and veggies. Remember, you are eating for two body types, so you should not follow a strict diet for one body type. Honor your unique cravings in moderation, especially after the fourth month when the cravings you experience are more likely those of the baby.
2. Balance Vata. The major theme during pregnancy is to balance vata, the energy of the nervous system. This is best done with a diet of fresh, plant-based, whole or sprouted grains and non-processed foods. Warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of olive, ghee and coconut are good. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
3. Foods to Avoid:
Hot spicy foods
Uncooked leafy greens – as they can cause gas.
Undercooked beans and lentils – which can also cause gas.
Artificial flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
4. Enjoy These Three Tastes. The three tastes that balance vata are sweet, sour and salty. During pregnancy the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is the most sattvic or wholesome for the baby. This includes sprouted breads or those cooked without oils, whole grains, rice, fruits and healthy starches like sweet potatoes, quinoa, cooked beets and carrots. These foods are emphasized on the Winter Grocery List.
5. The Right Milk Does a Baby Good. Drink warm, vat-pasteurized (heated under 135 degrees F), non-homogenized milk with ghee made from grass-fed cows. One cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of ghee twice a day is said to boost immunity and the complexion, or “ojas,” of the baby.
6. Daily Massage with an Ayurvedic Herbalized Massage Oil. These oils feed the microbiology on the skin, as well as calm the skin-based sensory nervous system of the mom. The calmer the mom, the calmer the baby. This can be self-massage, or an opportunity to get massaged by a loving partner. Gently massage the abdomen and, in the 8th and 9th months, spend extra time on the nipples to prepare for nursing.
7. Five Tips to Conquer Morning Sickness:
1. Roast cardamom seeds, powder them and eat a small pinch through the day.
2. Snack on dry crackers or toast. It helps to always keep a little food in the stomach.
3. Temporarily eat from the Spring Grocery List or Kapha-Reducing Diet.
4. Sip tea made of 1/4 tsp. ginger powder and/or fennel seeds and hot water.
5. Try sleeping in a semi-reclined position by putting a pillow between the box spring and the mattress.
8. Get Gentle Daily Exercise. A great way to get this is to walk for 30 minutes each day.
9. Rest Up. In the 8th month, you should get as much rest as possible. This is a delicate time when the subtle nutrient fluid called “ojas” that supports vitality, complexion and immunity is passed between the mother and baby.
10. The MOST important pregnancy principle is to remember to be happy. The partner’s job during this time is to keep the mama-to-be happy. Of course, the mom must practice daily acts of happiness as well. The partner should avoid travel, be home in the evenings and fulfill every desire of the mother-to-be.
Vaginal issues are usually connected with anomalies when it comes to discharge and even hormonal imbalances. A lot of ladies experience irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting between periods at some point in their lives. However, the periods might at times be irregular. Sometimes the bleeding is irregular and can occur at any age. Abnormal vaginal bleeding outside your menstrual cycle is called metrorrhagia and should be reported to a doctor immediately. In case it is accompanied by light-headedness, extreme pain or fever, urgent medical intervention might be needed. The bleeding is said to be abnormal when you are suffering from:
- Unexpected periods
- When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than usual
- When it is not expected like before age 9, when you are pregnant, or after menopause
Causes: Some of the most common causes for this abnormal bleeding could be:
- A growth in the uterus or cervix
- Medication change
- Premature delivery
- Vaginal dryness
- Hormone imbalance
- Polycystic ovary disorder (PCOS) , a hormonal imbalance.
- Contraceptive pills
- Possible pregnancy
Medical Help: Since abnormal bleeding could be a cause for concern, one must consult a doctor. Neglecting to see a specialist can worsen the problem. There is no home treatment for unusual vaginal bleeding. The treatment might depend on a number of factors. It includes the cause of bleeding, your age and whether you have children. Most of the women can be easily treated with medication while some of them might need surgical attention. With a few types of vaginal bleeding, it might be all right to hold up to check whether the draining stops or not. Check your symptoms to choose if you need to see a specialist.
Medication: Medicines for treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding depend upon the cause. Some of the treatments are as follows:
- In case the reason for the bleeding is absence of ovulation (anovulation), specialists may prescribe progesterone.
- In the event that the reason for the bleeding is a precancerous or change in the coating of the uterus, progesterone medicines are prescribed.
- In case the reason is polyps or other kinds of growth, they are then removed surgically.
- In these cases, oral contraceptives can enhance cycle control and diminish dying.
- If the bleeding is excessive and cannot be controlled by any medicines, a surgical called dilation and curettage (D&C) might be vital.
- A hysterectomy is required when hormonal drugs can't control excessive bleeding.
A patient needs to make sure that only a professional should prescribe the medicines. One should not take over-the-counter medicines.
Hi I use to get my periods once in 28 days but this time already 36 days over but I didn't get my periods please advise.
Is reducing weight only solution for pcod if hav thyroid and a person who dose nt wan to get laparoscopy.
I had unprotected sex but after 30 min I took unwanted 72 are there chances of having ectopic pregnancy.
I am a 23yr old female and I have pimples on my face and I also have an ovarian cyst. So what measures should I have to take to overcome this problem.
Hi if we miss one month menses is there any problem or its normal coz I missed one month period, health wise I don't have any problem I did pernency check at home it's negative please advise.
Hi, if am ovulating on 12th day of my periods, then will it be a successful attempt if I try to conceive on 14th and 16th day?
Am I ttc from 1 yr. Today I have started follicular study and Dr. found small myoma measuring 0.62*0.52. please tell me is this is dangerous? Can I be able to conceive? Am very worried.
Actually main janna chahti hu ki mai conceive karna chahti hu. and meri mc date last hai 7 july toh mujhe kab sex chahiye preganant hone ke liye or kitni baar.
Masturbation | get the facts about masturbation
To masturbate means to stimulate yourself in a sexual way. It involves touching one's own body and sexual organs for sexual pleasure. Masturbation is common, and many women engage in this sexual activity more women than you think! it's a safe kind of sex play, and it can bring many health benefits as well as allowing you to learn about your body.
For many of us, masturbation is a taboo topic. There are many myths about masturbation that can cause us to feel guilty about it, and many women feel ashamed about doing it. However, masturbation is a natural and common activity for both women and men, as it's a natural form of exploration of our own body.
Studies show that around 7 out of 10 men and 5 out of 10 women masturbate, as well as being common for teens to masturbate whilst they begin to learn about their bodies. People can begin to masturbate at different stages of their lives, many even from childhood as they begin to explore their changing bodies.
There are many reasons why people masturbate. Some reasons are:
To relieve sexual tension;
To achieve sexual pleasure;
To reach orgasm when partners are unavailable;
To explore the body to figure out what you like;
To relax and relieve stress.
Masturbation can be good for both your mental and physical health. People who masturbate tend to feel more confident sexually and about themselves, and it's also one of the best ways to learn about your sexuality. It helps you to explore the types of touch that you like the most, and helps you to learn how to get excited and how to reach orgasm. Learning about what feels good to you can also increase your chance of feeling sexual pleasure with your sex partner; you will feel more comfortable with your body and will begin to know your rhythm and how you feel when you're aroused. When your confidence and comfort levels are high which masturbation can help with it's easier to let your partner know what you like.
Masturbation can also improve your ability to have orgasms, as you get to understand your body and how it feels when you're close to climaxing. It can also help you sleep and relax you, so there really are many benefits and it's not something that you should be ashamed of. Many people feel shame or guilt about masturbating, however only you can decide if it's right for you and if you're comfortable with it; that's the main thing.
Different people enjoy different things when they masturbate. Women may stimulate parts of their vagina, such as the clitoris, inner or outer labia, vaginal opening of the anus. Many women prefer to rub near to but not on the clitoris, because direct stimulation can be very intense. Some women also use sex toys such as vibrators and dildos during masturbation to increase their arousal, so if you do this make sure to read the directions and clean your toy properly.
Remember that masturbation is a natural part of exploration of your body and can occur from any age, so don't listen to the myths and don't feel guilty about doing something that's a perfectly normal part of your body's development.