Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhana SuranaYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 21 yr old girl.I work in night shifts from about 6 months and I have been putting on weight for no reason.From about 8 to 9 months.And I have been missing my regular menstruation every month I got a check up done doc recommended for thyroid test it was all clear I had no thyroid but I dont have bad eating habits I don't drink ot smoke and I feel really weak all the time.I sweat a lot suddenly mainly in my palms and my face n start shaking from inside and I feel giddy as well.What might be the reason for this and what is the cure?
Hi, my wife is 3 months pregnant. While sleep she feels pain in both the legs. Entire leg pains from hip to toe. Pls suggest?
I have been suffering for 1 week side breast pain near arm pit while sleeping my age is 25 years old.
HOMOEOPATHY FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
Homoeopathy is ideal for babies and children as it is a gentle yet highly effective system of medicine. Homeopathic remedies taste good and children like them the highly diluted natural substances that from homeopathic remedies mean that they are safe to use in the very young, including newborn babies.
More than that, homoeopathy can raise the immunity of your children to help deal with illness throughout their childhood. Homeopathy not only helps when your child is ill. It can also help prevent illness and give support through difficult periods of their life. Homeopathy works fast with children because they are usually full of vitality. Acute conditions such as ear infections, tonsillitis and flu, can be resolved rapidly using the right remedies, often avoiding the need for conventional medicines. Babies also tend to respond quickly to homeopathic treatment. On a more serious note, there are children with serious behavior problems! Yes, homeopathy works for these too!
Kids today face more responsibility, uncertainty, pressure, and other ”grown-up” issues than any generation in the past. If your child or teenager is experiencing stress, the primary goal is to resolve the source of anxiety. Unfortunately, this isn’t always possible—at least immediately. In some cases, it may not even be in the best interest of the child. Since stress has gotten such a bad rap, sometimes it’s easy to forget that, some stress is positive—it challenges us to grow. An example of positive stress is the challenge of participating in sports or learning a musical instrument.
Homeopathic alternatives treat the whole child. Today there are many pediatricians preffering homoeopathic treatment for their children and patients in various pediatric conditions.
Reasons why homoeopathy should be adopted for children:-
- Safe medicine: homoeopathic medicines are free from harmfull effects and 100% non toxic.
- Homoeopathy: effective and quick treatment-children being more sensitive, respond quicker to homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathy: scientific and Natural medicine- Homoeopathy can be scientifically checked and positive .
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
Hi doctor I was married 2 months ago. My wife has menstrual date on15-11-2016. But she didn't got period. She is saying some symptoms. Vomit feeling. Headache. Bodypains. Digestion problems since 4 days. Paining in breast. Feeling uneasy. Can't able to do any work. Mild fever. No hunger. Feeling like falling down. What is the reason? Can she take any tablets for fever and bodypains? Is there is any problem in taking tablets if she is pregnant? If she doesn't get period can I think she is pregnant? Please help to reply me.
I am at 33 weeks and my doc said that cervix is dilated by the size of a fingertip. She has suggested bed rest for 2 weeks. I want to know can it get worse and if it does what are the implications of it? What precautions shall I take?
My husband is a smoker. He gave me cunnilingus last time. From that day I have been experiencing itching in my labia minora of my vagina. The itching is severe. I tried antiseptic vaginal washes too. What should I do. please suggest.
A lot of people are switching from regular water to sparkling water, which is considered to be more of a fad. Sparkling water is just carbonated plain water. It is equally hydrating, but with a ‘kick’! The bubbles in the water tantalise taste buds. But there have been too many controversies surrounding the consumption of sparkling water. Tooth enamel erosion, calcium deficiency and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are said to be some of the harmful effects of consuming sparkling water. But there has not been any scientific study to back this up.
Most of the rumours surrounding sparkling water arise from the carbonated factor. Carbonation leads to formation of carbonic acid in the water making sparkling water slightly acidic in nature. In addition if the water has sodium bicarbonate or any other chemical added to it for slight salty taste it increases the sodium content of the water, which is not good for people suffering from high blood pressure. There are other harmful ingredients like sugar, preservatives, phosphoric acid etc. in other carbonated drinks, which mightn’t be present in Sparkling water et all.
Although sparkling water has not been found to be unhealthy, but we should remember acid in the sparkling water erodes teeth enamel and gas leads to IBS. There are a few other things one must remember before replacing regular water with sparkling water:
- Stomach problems: Though this issue is extremely subjective, affecting some and not all. Sparkling water just has extra air in it. This air can lead to excessive flatulence, burping and bloating in the abdomen for some. However, it will not affect everyone equally.
- Stealthy sugar and sodium: Bottled soda water and tonic water are some types of sparkling water. These are not healthy. Tonic water contains sodium and sugar. If you are observing your sodium intake, then do not drink sparkling water. However, those who do intensive athletic activities, they may opt for sparkling water. You lose electrolytes through sweat. Sparkling water can provide quick hydration.
- Flavours: People who invest in carbonators, get small little flavouring packets. It is advised, for your well-being, not to use these to flavour the water. They are not always healthy as they contain extra calories and sugar. Consuming soda and sparkling water won’t make much of a difference then. Instead of the packets, you can use cucumber, mint leaves, lime and lemon, or any other fruit, to flavour your water. It adds no extra calories and is actually good for you!
You can, indeed, safely replace regular water with sparkling water. It is a fun way to stay hydrated!
I want to lick my wife's vagina because I want to make her more excited with this activity so how I can do. And is harmful or a thing to enjoy.
Sir, I have a lump in my left breast for so long. Only in the left not in right. It does not hurt but is it serious problem?
I am pregnant by 8 weeks. Sometimes I feels some gas coming out from my vagina. When I sleep upside face and press the stomach it also seems like that gas coming out from vagina. Actually what it is. Can you please explain ?
I am 25 years pregnant with my first baby. currently I am 31 weeks I had an emergent cerclage placed at 23 weeks due to short cervix with funneling. I had no complications so far through out my pregnancy. I'll be meeting my husband after 2 months and we mutually decided there will be no intercourse but causing each other. Is this ok with cerclage and what if I get WET during his caressing Please advice me. Does getting wet cause any infection or irritation to cerclage .
How many times can we take I pills in a year. Last time I have taken in april. Is is safe to take it now.
You just never seem to be in the mood these days. Or the last few times you had sex, it hurt. Maybe you have some discharge that’s different from the norm.
But how do you know which signs might signal a bigger problem with your health?
“How can you know what abnormal is if you don’t know what normal is?”
Lang says it’s a good idea for a woman to examine her vagina with a mirror and light each month, just as you do a regular check of your breasts.
If something just doesn’t seem right or it’s bothering you, don’t feel embarrassed to bring it up with your doctor. “You deserve to have a healthy sex life,
Here are the few symptoms you should bring up when they happen and consult doctor
By far the most common sexual health issue for women is low desire,
If low desire doesn’t bother you, it’s not a problem, But if it’s causing you distress (and it’s lasted for at least 6 months), you can talk to your doctor to find out what may be going on.
Hypoactive sexual desire disorder, the medical term for a low sex drive, can have many different causes -- physical, emotional, cultural, or a combination of those. It could come from a hormone problem, such as estrogen or your thyroid hormone. It could happen because of other health conditions you have, like diabetes, anxiety, depression, or sleep disorders. It may be a side effect of a medication you take, like antidepressants or birth control pills. Even smoking and alcohol can affect desire. Or it may have to do with the quality of your relationship with a sexual partner.
Your doctor or another health professional in the office may ask you some questions to figure out what’s going on.
Pain and Discomfort
You’re not alone if sex hurts. Nearly three out of four women will have pain during intercourse at some point. It could be in the vagina and the area just outside of it, called the vulva. But some women feel pain inside their pelvis, too.
Sometimes sex is uncomfortable when you’re not aroused enough, or you have a vaginal infection or a skin condition, like allergies or psoriasis. But pain during sex can also be a sign of serious conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, or cancer. So if it happens often or is severe, see your doctor -- she’ll want to rule out any serious health issues that could be causing it.
If you’ve reached menopause, painful sex may be caused by vaginal atrophy. That’s when the tissues around your vagina and vulva dry up because of the loss of estrogen.
If you feel a bulging sensation around your vagina and have trouble peeing, it could be a sign that your bladder or other organs in your pelvis have dropped from their normal place and are pushing against your vagina. That’s called a pelvic organ prolapse, a problem that becomes more common with age. Treatments include Kegel exercises, physical therapy, Homeopathic medicine and surgery.
Irregular BleedingIf you’re past menopause and you have bleeding from your vagina, see your doctor as soon as possible. She’ll need to make sure you don’t have a serious problem, like an infe
ction, uterine fibroids, or cancer.
If you’re still having periods, watch for any spotting, bleeding between periods, bleeding after sex, or periods that are heavier or last longer tha
Consult doctor if you have these symptoms.
Is there a change in the color, amount, or smell of your discharge that lasts more than a few days? Let your doctor know.
You may have something that’s simple to treat, like a bacterial or yeast infection. But some discharges may be a sign of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia. Watery or bloody discharges may be due to cancer
Lumps and Bumps, Rashes and Sores
If you notice any changes in your skin below your beltline, like a mole that looks different or is new, or a bump that itches or hurts, tell your doctor.
These spots can have many different causes, from an ingrown hair to an STD like genital warts or herpes. More serious is vulvar cancer, a rare condition that can show up as a lump, bump, or sore. It may cause itching or tenderness.
No matter what symptoms you’ve noticed, when something doesn’t feel or look right to you, don’t worry that you’re making a big deal out of nothing. “Run it by your doctor just to get a reassuring word,” Lang says. “So you don’t have to worry.”
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.
5 ways sex makes you look more beautiful
If you haven't noticed the glow yet, check yourself out in the mirror before and after sex.
Regular sex can do so much more than give you toe-curling orgasms, it can actually leave you looking and feeling good.
Here are 5 ways this happens.
1. You glow:
When you have frequent sex, the production of estrogen, a hormone which contributes to healthier hair and skin increases. In the process, the collagen production also increases keeping your skin firm, soft. If you haven't noticed the glow yet, check yourself out in the mirror before and after sex.
2. Great workout:
Good sex is dirty, sweaty and can leave you panting with the kind of exhaustion you get from hitting the gym. Recent research suggested that women burn 3.1 calories and men burn 4.2 calories for every minute of sex that they have. So, more sex means more weight loss, and this will cause you to feel great and confident in your body
3. Beats depression:
The orgasms can be your ultimate antidepressant. When you reach the climax your body releases the compound serotonin which is responsible for making you feel happy and content. When you are less depressed, you feel happier. When you are happy you smile which does a lot to improve your beauty.
4. Reduces stress:
Stress can show on your face and make you look dull and tired. When you reach the climax during sex, a huge amount of oxytocin is released in your body. Oxytocin can lower the production of the stress hormone, cortisol.
5. More attractive:
When you have sex, you release pheromones which make you look very attractive. So know that sex is only making you appear more beautiful to the opposite sex