Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhana Kantilal DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. I have PCOS from last April 2016. I have been on Yasmin for 7th months. Now I am trying for pregnancy. For conceive doctor prescribed me to start Good ova 100 mg from 3rd day of my period to 7th days for ovulation. Also prescribed me to take Duphaston 10 mg from 16th day to 25th days. But my pregnancy test was negative & I got my period. I am very confused that was this my period effect of Duphaston or it was my normal period? Can I try for pregnancy again this month without take any medicines?
Sex is an art or game where practice and childishness help a lot says Dr. Vaibhav Lunkad
Lots of men think that women are interested in only size and timing (Just as Pak is India-centric,men are just penicentric). This increases fear of performance and hence ED or Premature ejaculation has become so common. Women are interested more in foreplay or romance and also caring, love talk or patting and fun. Sex should happen and it is not something to be done. Also men unnnecessarily hit the gym in toning and weight gain which further decreases the flexibililty. Copying the porn with oral or kissing further increases the over-excitability and ED. Smoking, tobacco or alcohol or excess beverages or spices also causes severe ED or PE. So just sit with a sexologist and change your life by understanding the art and game of sex, says eminent sexologist of India, Dr Vaibhav Lunkad
Hi, I want to know more about 'Salt therapy which is a new boom in india to cure ENT issues, skin deceases & autoimmune disorders. Can I know how it is performed on a patient?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 22 years old and have been arranged for marriage after 3 months. Me and my fiance took a trip and things got a little out of control. We were both naked and there was a lot of grinding and the tip of his penis touched the outer area of my vagina with pre ejaculatory fluid on it. I got my last period on 22nd of april and this happened on the 10th of may. I have regular periods and am expecting my cycle on 22nd may. Is there any chances of me being pregnant. I did not take any hormonal pills for birth control. Please help me.
On 27 august, 2016 we had sexual intercourse from next day till today she has stomach pain. If she walks she gets more pain in the stomach. Why is she getting pain?
Hello. 4 months ago I had an operation ie ovary cyst. Open surgery n im told not to wear heels so I can really cant wear heels or I can wear n if I wear it will be problem for me in future?
I have never done sex with my girlfriend either she had. Now both want to do sex with each other before marriage, so what type of precaution should follow if we do not want baby this time. Please help us tell every step for precaution. Thanking you in advance.
How much chance are there to get pregnant on 6th day of period? I ejaculated inside her. What precautions we have to take now to avoid pregnancy.
I am having a doubt that in my breast. My right breast getting pain some times, which is big than left. Still not married getting tense on my health issue please advise.
I am 42 years old. Trying to conceive but failed. I have two children but one is with my sister. Will I be able to?
I have lost my 2months baby & got my periods after 2month. Should I conceive or not and if its conceive is there any problems,
I have PCOd problem but last night I had sex. I don't want take chance of pregnancy. So which is best suitable pills? I heard unwanted 72 or i-pill. Please suggest.
Step 1: Begin by looking at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
Here's what you should look for:
Breasts that are their usual size, shape, and color
Breasts that are evenly shaped without visible distortion or swelling
If you see any of the following changes, bring them to your doctor's attention:
Dimpling, puckering, or bulging of the skin
A nipple that has changed position or an inverted nipple (pushed inward instead of sticking out)
Redness, soreness, rash, or swelling
Step 2: now, raise your arms and look for the same changes.
Step 3: while you're at the mirror, look for any signs of fluid coming out of one or both nipples (this could be a watery, milky, or yellow fluid or blood).
Step 4: next, feel your breasts while lying down, using your right hand to feel your left breast and then your left hand to feel your right breast. Use a firm, smooth touch with the first few finger pads of your hand, keeping the fingers flat and together. Use a circular motion, about the size of a quarter.
Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side — from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage.
Follow a pattern to be sure that you cover the whole breast. You can begin at the nipple, moving in larger and larger circles until you reach the outer edge of the breast. You can also move your fingers up and down vertically, in rows, as if you were mowing a lawn. This up-and-down approach seems to work best for most women. Be sure to feel all the tissue from the front to the back of your breasts: for the skin and tissue just beneath, use light pressure; use medium pressure for tissue in the middle of your breasts; use firm pressure for the deep tissue in the back. When you've reached the deep tissue, you should be able to feel down to your ribcage.
Step 5: finally, feel your breasts while you are standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest way to feel their breasts is when their skin is wet and slippery, so they like to do this step in the shower. Cover your entire breast, using the same hand movements described in step 4.
Why vitamin A is necessary for our body
Vitamin A also called retinol or carotene. It - 1] helps to maintain good vision and necessary for night vision. 2] Helps in resistance to infection and supports growth and repair of body tissues. 3] It also maintains integrity of white and red blood cells and epithilial lining.4] It is also used to treat acne.
Dietary Sources of Vitamin A
Green leafy vegetables-spinach , broccoli, parsley, kale, collard green, escarole.
Yellow vegetables- carrot, sweet potato, winter squash, pumpkin.
Yellow and orange fruits- mango, papaya, and apricots.
Animal source- milk, eggs, meat and fish liver oil.
Here are 6 mistakes women frequenty make without realising it-
1) Not Initiating Sex: It is a myth that women are not interested in sex as much as men. Neither should men have to be the traditional intiators. In fact, because most guys feel that they are always the initiators, it tends to set up disequilibrium on the passion levels in the relationship. Women must show interest by taking the first step every now and then. Your partner will really appreciate it, and it will also be very satisfying for you.
2) Not Guiding Him: It might be awkward for a woman to directly talk about what she wants, but it is the only way to lead your man to understand what works for you. If you let your man know what you like and what you do not, it is easier for him and makes for a good experience for both.
3) Bothering About Your Looks: Accept and appreciate your body. Concerns about how you look, during intercourse stops you from enjoying yourself and ruins your chances of achieving an orgasm. Men want their partners to abandon themselves during the act. All they really care about is your enthusiasm, energy, interest and flexibity.
4) Assuming Men Are Casual About It: It is a myth that men are not romantic or take sex casually. It is important for them. Both men and women find sexual intimacy in the context of a committed relationship to be much more satisfying.
5) Assuming He Should Be Up For It Always: There are many aspects of life that men, just like you, deal with daily. The pressures of daily rouitne -- work, family, bills – sometimes affects a man’s libido. Women tend to be surprised by this and often take a man’s lack of interest in sex personally. Give your man space to be and accept things naturally.
6) Getting Upset When He Suggests Something New: Men like to experiement. And if he suggests something new that you cannot appreciate, try to convey it in a very subtle manner. Do not get upset. Always talk about your comfort level and discuss openly about moral grounds.
Have any further questions on your sexual health and relationships? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.