Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin ShahYour feedback matters!
I have lost my hair and colour sequence wise. And I am feeling to bad and my eyesight is loo weak and sometimes it gets red and comes tears outside?
I have a severe pain in my abdomen as I cannot tolerate the pain anymore so can you please help me out for that. Also I cannot see with my eyes because of motiyabind.
My one eye got reddish. It feels like wire is struck there and irritates me. And eyelids becomes swallow and can't keep my eye open and water comes out always.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes from over 3 days because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
In summer I were suffering with cold and that too my nose is sneezing from one side only continuously water is coming from one side of the nose and the eye on that side too is paining why is this happening can you answer me a good advice to stop it.
I am suffering from eye problem please help me Dr. I am am suffering from eye problem which I can't see long objects please help me.
Hello sir. I am feeling as if I have blurry vision and weakness. My ecg is normal bp is 80/130 vit d is 31 b12 is 540 and all the blood reports are normal. I have had sever acidity and gas since 10 days and I am on the treatment of the same. I can read everything but I feel I am having blurry vision. Is it due to excess stress? I even had a feeling of a heart problem which was ruled out by the tests.in serious meed of a help. Thank you.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I am 30 years old and suffering with high BP it's comes about 140/90, while I have done whole checkup wih RML hospital lft, kft, tmt holter etc. All is normal after seeing these test they only advise to take a medicine Amlip D. Which impact on my body very badly specially on my eyes. Can you advise is there any permanent/guaranteed treatment for BP.
Hello, am 21 age year old and since 2010 i'd been used to wear spectacles, and now I really want to remove this. I can't handle this anymore its so, irritating me I don't even have any girlfriend, this specs are curse for me. Please doctors suggest me what should I do for removing the spectacles, and there is under eye dark circles. What do I do for remove this. It will be so helpful for me.
I am getting my eyesight weak. Please suggest what should I do to get rid of this Problem. Tell what should I eat more?
Hi, from last three days my mother's right eyes become red .almost full dark red.(just like burst blood vessel in eye. She don't feel any pain .but the eye ball is extreme red. Is that a serious problem? Also I had suggest her for keeping ice cube on it. So it will be safe? Could it help in reducing eye redness ? please suggest any simple method to cure it. Thanks.
Sir my one eye has been swollen suddenly. I haven't gone through any insect bite or anything. What should I do Sir. Please suggest me what to do or any medicine.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.