Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin ShahYour feedback matters!
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..
I get irritation in vagina after having sex. I get burning sensation. I want to know the reason and how to avoid it.
I am 33 female. I have been taking high bp medicine since 2 years. Amlopres. But two weeks before, I am feeling sore spot pain on scalp on top right side of my head. Its also causing dull pain on this side. Sometimes, I feel mild pressure in ears, right nostril, eyes. It goes away for a few days and then again come back. My bp at that time ws 110/70. I can not comb and touch my scalp and hair at that spot because it irritates at that time. But when it goes away I do not feel any soreness or tenderness. Whenever I wash my hair, I get this problem for sure. Pls suggest wat is dis. I am very panic. Very fearful sir. Pls help.
I am 32 year old male and have been suffering from pain in my left angle since around one month. I have used pain killer, but no result. What should I do?
Hello doctor, I am 23 years old 6 ft height 78 kg body weight. I have been masturbating excessively (4times) daily since 5 years. The way of my masturbation was different. I used to masturbate by rubbing penis over bed at night for hours. After five year of masturbation felt to left if and left it for few days and started yoga. After few days I got too much or many time urge to urinate. And got my weight reduced after 3 day. Then I consult a doctor I m have prostate enlarge 22 mm then I took treatment but my uti is not clear till now. And with this problem my body whole bones are paining as they are are being fractures. Even mouth bone paining. My body hairs are growing longer chest hair are too much in few days. I m having red moles on body. I m having numbness and tingling in hand. This all problem started after testicular swelling and penis pain. you thought that I injured my penis or pelvic parts by way of masturbation or I have adrenal gland cancer because my adrenal gland or testicular cancer are matching my problem with whole symptoms. What to do?
Sir in a month 2to3 time during sleeping sperm is automatically is released from the penis because of it I'm feeling weakness and tired this is problem is occurring from last 10yrr+ so what should I do Pls suggest me.
I have pain in my ankle. There is no swelling, no and other injury and I have a lot of pain inside my ankle. What should I do to cure it?
In morning getting up from bed make me feel dazed. Having pain in my shoulder, head (front and back side) , hypohysis cerebri and neck. While standing in crowd for seconds it make me blank and dazed.
I am a 26year old man and I have allergy on my hands from few days which is not very itchy and is not red in color, looks like hard dry skin bumps on my palms ans fingers. What shall I do.
My age is 16. And my back is began to white hair what should I do suggest me natural please .can use onion juice massage.
My stomach usually stays upset. I stopped eating food outside and eat only home cooked food but still the problem persists. And I also suffer from acne breakouts. People have said that it's due to my unwell stomach or hormonal changes. I think it's latter as breakouts are on chin or lower cheeks area. Please suggest some measures to tackle the same.
Hello. I am Neelu suffering from severe cold and ear pain from last two weeks. I hav taken medicines but nothing is working out. So, Please provide me a good solution to cure this.
Hello Dr. I am 29. Before 2 years I was taking treatment for migraine nd block nose (sinuses) from 3 days after lunch I feel headache badly. please suggest me the problem behind it nd cure too.
I am 18 years old. I had severe acne problem on my whole face. I had visited several dermatologist but they did not cure my disease. Please help me.
Sir. I am 22 years old male and I have sex problem. I can't do sex for long periods and my sperm get ejected very quickly. So what can I do. For long duration of time for sex.
Turmeric is widely used in cooking spicy dishes all over the world. But there are several pieces of research, which prove the efficacy of turmeric or haldi in warding off ailments like dementia and reduce the risk of cancer to a great extent. Turmeric has the highest usage in countries like India and Sri Lanka followed by other parts of the planet.
As per the results of the World Alzheimer’s Report, it is found that only about 3.6 percent of South Asians aged above 60 suffer from dementia which is quite lower than 6.4 percent of people in Australia as well as 7.2 percent of people in Western Europe. In similar lines, the World Health Organisation says that the rate of cancer patients is lower in India in stark comparison to the higher rates of more developed countries. If an individual is looking for the benefits of turmeric, he would come across several reasons to add more turmeric to foods on a daily basis.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems: Curcumin present in turmeric can have a positive effect on people suffering from high cholesterol. Animal studies opine that it can considerably lower down cholesterol levels as well as prevent building up off LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus, it is a viable means of preventing plaque build-up which in turn may block the arteries and lead to strokes and cardiac arrests.
- Fights inflammatory diseases: The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric can work as a potential anti-inflammatory medication without causing any unwanted side effects. It is also helpful in treating minor nicks and cuts and it can be administered with warm milk to heal any kind of inflammatory disease inside the body. There has been a study which showed turmeric to be useful in treating pain and disability stemming from osteoarthritis. Turmeric is also found helpful in combatting seasonal flu and viral infections.
- Helps in digestion and supports weight loss: Turmeric stimulates the gall bladder which in turn produces bile. As bile helps in digestion of fat, health experts are of opinion that turmeric improves overall digestion and may also aid in controlling weight. It is useful in treating bloating and excessive gas formation caused by improper digestion.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels: Turmeric plays a crucial role in improving glucose control as well as controlling activities of insulin. It has the potential to bring about a drop in blood sugar levels. So, an individual with high blood sugar should add optimum amounts of turmeric in diet along with diabetes medication to help in reducing the blood sugar levels. But it is important to monitor the sugar levels continually to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia which is characterised by sugar levels dropping lower than required.
In addition to all these, there is a clear indication that turmeric helps in cancer prevention, reducing breast cancer, skin, and pancreatic problems along with multiple myelomas and juvenile leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.