Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin DalalYour feedback matters!
I had 4.8 hemoglobin rate due to which I got irregular periods. Now got treated nd increase its rate to 11. But still suffer frm irregular periods.
My cousin have problem of undeveloped breast. She is 25 years old. please suggest her to overcome this problem.
Every individual experiences anxiety in some form at some point of time. One suffers from an anxiety disorder if one experiences dogged, unrealistic worrying about everyday life. One is said to experience panic attack if the abrupt attacks have symptoms like racing heart, nausea, tremors and intense fear. A panic attack is a sudden rush of overwhelming anxiety and fear. The heart pounds and breathing becomes difficult. If ignored and untreated, panic attacks can lead to panic disorder and may cause one to withdraw from normal activities.
With a little mindful attention and practice, one can reduce or eliminate the symptoms of a panic attack, manage anxiety, and prevent attacks from occurring in the future and regain control of life. If one is having a panic attack, then the aim is to calm oneself at the moment by breathing deeply. This would reduce the stress and provide oxygen to the brain to help one focus. Hold your breath to start with and reduce the feeling of choking and then begin to breathe slowly. Inhale through nose and exhale through mouth till one notices a difference in muscle relaxation and clarity of thought.
During a panic attack, your thoughts are often jumbled up. This is due to the fact that one's heart rate has kicked off and breathing is in high gear, muscles are tensed and blood flow is constricted. One should try to focus on one's senses and should distract the mind from fear through different mental diversions. This can be as simple as reciting the lyrics to your favourite song or poem until one has calmed down a bit. It is important that one should make sure not to distract by leaving the situation that has caused the panic. One must ride out the panic attack at the same place else one will likely associate that place or situation with fear triggering future attacks.
Try to practice progressive muscle relaxation by slowly going through body and tensing and relaxing each muscle group. It relaxes muscles as well as forces one to concentrate on something other than fear. Although, if one want to reduce the anxiety, don't ignore it. One should try stop anxiety producing thoughts and replace them with images of something that brings you happiness or peace. Using guided image of a place where one feel at peace and relaxed, reduce one's experience of anxiety. Further, add details to the scene, so that one is focusing the entire mind on imagining it.
Taking care of one's physical health will help take care of mental health. Healthy exercise and diet habits will help you manage manage anxiety. Getting an body active, especially through aerobic exercise, releases chemicals that are responsible for increasing ones feelings of peace and happiness. Stimulants like as caffeine and nicotine worsen existing anxiety and dependence on them can increase feelings of stress and anxiety when one don't get enough of it. Eat a balanced diet with plenty of lean protein, complex carbohydrates like whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid processed and high-sugar foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am 29 yr old female. Just 2 days ago a pimple like thing appears on my vaginal area. But now it becomes swelling with severe pain.
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to Balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of Balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause Balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other Balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to Balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
Other causes of Balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: Otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. Completing the antibiotics course helps prevent this infection.
One can also opt for an annual flu shot to keep away the flu related infections in the ear.
Related Tip: "What Causes Balance Disorder? Is Migraine A Cause?"
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I am 27yrs female. I am a SLE patient. I am getting married soon. Bt I m in worried about SLE problem. I have heard that it is very difficult to conceive. Please can you tell me is dat right or not. What precautions should be taken in pregnancy. At present. I m taking omnacortil 10 mg daily. Please give solution to this problem. I'll be very thankful to you.
Hello, I have unprotected sex with my gf on 21 May nd period was normal nd it came on 25 May. But in june she did not got her periods, what can be the reason. Please guide Thanks.
Good morning mam I have thyroid since 3 years so I did n't get pregnancy 3 years completed my marriage I took the treatment as IUI but it was fails please suggest me mam.
My age 22 male I and my friend male we are best friends and from six months we used to have kissing Is this a wrong habit. We both are far away from hiv as we were tested in blood test. Please advice
If the size of pregnancy is less by 4 to 5 days, what is the reason, what precautions should be taken?
Hi, i' m 31 year old female, i' m in 6th week pregnancy, since 4 days i' m getting abdominal pain and little bleeding but it will be only during morning time. I' m taking lupigest 200mg daily twice and my dr has given sustain injection and she told me to wait for 1 more week and then get ultrasound scan through that I can get confirmed and she told me to take complete bed rest. Since i' m bleeding i' m scared. Can u please tell me what I should do?
I had spotting for 2 days then normal periods for 5 days can I be pregnant, test was negative though (hcg urine tes) t.
Hi. I am 25 years old lady but still I look like a teenage girl. I am mentally going depressed frustrated day by day. I could not concentrate on ny work of mine. The whole day I just waste my time by only listening music. I frequently feel like of crying. I feel like m in complete darkness all alone and nobody is there for me. although I remain seated or share few of family talks with my mum dad nd my sis but still instead of this I feel myself all alone in ds world. I often think of suicide but never attempted it bcz of fear of family nd yes I will not do dat coz its wrong. Nd pne more thing I had also a 4 year post kidney transplantation operation. Thankyou.
Parenting is a lifetime job be it for a normal child or a child with special needs. Parents are teachers, guides, leaders, protectors and providers for their children. Parenting is a process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, financial and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood. Every child is a gift and a blessing to their parents. On the other hand, parenting itself is one of the toughest jobs and that too for a child with special needs, it is both a blessing and challenge.
It is a very unique experience to live with a disabled child as it has a major impact on the family, siblings and extended family members. However, discovering a problem should be the initial step to start with parenting such children. Discovering a child's special needs is often a confusing and painful process for parents as sometimes learning difficulties can be multiple and difficult to pinpoint and it can be hard for parents to know whether things are normal or not.
There are various categories of disabilities that your child might fall under. For example: Specific Learning Disability (SLD), Other Health Impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional disturbance, Speech or language impairment, Visual impairment, including blindness, Deafness, Deaf-blindness, Orthopedic impairment, Intellectual disability, Traumatic brain injury, Multiple disabilities.
Some common indications for the development of learning disabilities which can be taken into consideration
- Difficulty with reading/writing
- Problems with math skills
- Difficulty in remembering
- Problem in paying attention
- Trouble following directions
- Difficulty with concepts related to time
- Problem in staying organized
- Impulsive behavior
- Inappropriate responses in school or social situations
- Difficulty staying on task(easily distracted)
- Difficulty finding the right way to say something
- Immature way of speaking
- Inconsistent school performance
- Difficulty listening well
- Problem in understanding words or concept
But the above mentioned signs are not enough to determine that a person has a learning disability. A professional assessment is also necessary to diagnose a learning disability because every disability has its own signs and unless they persist over time cannot be considered as a 'disability'. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
HelloPls advise will having sex daily create any problem. We are also planning for a baby. Also advise will changing positions create any problem. Further also guide what typebof food me and my hubby should have for better sex stamina and healthy sperm.
2. Try not to eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking medicine. Except water.
3. Avoid coffee, raw onion, garlic till on homeopathic medicines as these interfere with the action of homeopathic medicines.
4. Avoid using perfumes or strong smelling deodorant.
5. Avoid the use of camphor in any form where homeopathic medicines have been kept as camphor antidotes all medicines prepared from vegetable sources.
6. If you are taking medicines for hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma or any other chronic disease, do not stop them immediately. Consult your doctor and if advised then only reduce their dosage.