Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Dalal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin DalalYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, my mother aged 72 years has a problem in her chest. Lab report says " Echogenic breast tissue and small cyst with internal echoes in nipple region "what is this? Please explain me in simple term & what is the ideal treatment for this?
My wife is not open in sexual activities. She is very shy how can I motivate her so that we can enjoy our married life.
According to the World Health Organization, wellness is defined as 'a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity'. Maintaining an optimal level of wellness is important to living a high-quality life. It is essential because everything humans do and every emotion they feel is related to their wellbeing and vice versa. It is a vicious circle. Therefore, it is vital for everyone to achieve optimal wellness so that stress can get eliminated. Also, wellness can help reduce the risk of illness and ensure positive interactions.
According to the World Health Organization, 1.4 billion people are classified as overweight, and 500 million people are classified as obese. Obesity is the fifth leading cause of death. In Brazil, Russia, and China, obesity rates are rising very rapidly. The chronic disease prevalence is expected to rise by 57% by the year 2020 as per the World Health Organization.
Dimensions of Wellness
Each dimension of wellness is interrelated with another. Each dimension is equally important to maintain complete wellness. One can reach an optimal level of wellness by understanding how to maintain it. There are eight dimensions of wellness, and they are as follows:
- Emotional wellness: It relates to the understanding of feelings and coping with it. It can be achieved by doing meditation, yoga, and aerobic exercises.
- Environmental wellness: It can be maintained by taking action to protect it, by promoting forest development, and by making people aware of it.
- Financial wellness: It involves the process of learning successful management of the financial expenses. Financial stress is the leading cause of stress, anxiety, and fear.
- Intellectual wellness: It involves having an open mind while encountering new ideas and continuing to expand the knowledge.
- Occupational wellness: It is about personal satisfaction and being happy with it.
- Physical wellness: It relates to the maintaining of a healthy body and seeking healthcare when needed. It can be attained through exercise, good diet, and getting enough sleep.
- Social wellness: It helps perform social roles and also involves creating a support network to spread the awareness.
- Spiritual wellness: It allows the development of a set of values, which will help every individual seek meaning and purpose of life.
So, according to the wellness dimensions mentioned above, the mind and the body are not separate entities. Therefore, the physical health can affect emotional well-being and vice-versa. Also, the person who is not taking adequate nutrition may struggle more with psychological issues and chronic illness. Thus, wellness is an active process, which involves becoming aware and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life.
Hi, After abortion can I go fr travelling to my native place. As my abortion days would be 18 days up.
Sir, Me and my wife love to do anal sex and it she feels lot of pain as she is shouting more also ask me not to stop or do more is it dangerous for her and me.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the kidney, ureter, urinary bladder and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health. Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure.
This is necessary to stop stone formation in the urinary bladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 18 year old girl. In my menstrual cycle. My period is 20 days so far before 3 months. And it gets reduced to a period of 10-14 days. Whats the reason behind this? What can I do to maintain a proper period? Is this harmful to me?
A woman bearing a child is a matter of great wonder. Many underlying dynamics must come together at the appropriate juncture so that a new life can see the light of this world. As per an estimate, every 12th couple in their mid-ages does not possess the ability to become parents. A considerable number of these affected couples go through stress and dilemma on whether they can bear a kid. However, with the help of in-vitro fertilization (IVF), they can fulfill their desire to have kids.
IVF came into existence for the first time in the US in 1981. Since then, it has become a favourite treatment procedure to treat infertile couples. More than six million babies have been born worldwide with the help of an IVF procedure. IVF is also known as a method of assisted reproduction. It is a process in which the sperm of the man and the egg of a woman are combined in a laboratory dish. Here is the list of good-to-know facts on IVF-
Women with problems in their fallopian tubes can get pregnant through IVF
If the fallopian tubes of a woman are not functioning in the right manner, the egg cannot get near the uterus. This can cause a problem in pregnancy. However, in an IVF process, the mature cells are extracted and are combined with sperm cells in an incubator. After the completion of this process, the fertilized egg cells are transferred into the uterus.
Healthy sleep habits are needed for facilitating better IVF cycles
Consumption of tobacco and alcohol should be avoided during an IVF treatment
Drugs are primarily known as poisonous pleasures and can harm and cause serious damage to the embryo. If you are a smoker, then it is always advisable to avoid smoking during an IVF treatment. However, you can opt for sexual intercourse as it improves the quality of embryos.
IVF treatment comprises one complete female cycle
During an IVF procedure, the maturity of the eggs is increased by giving an injection. It is known as hormonal stimulation. Ultrasound and blood test is needed on a ninth day to assess the growth of follicles. On the basis of their growth, the time of ovulation is determined. Most IVF procedures usually need one complete female cycle.
With the help of an IVF treatment, there is always hope in store for those who want to have children. It has become a holistic model of treatment for couples who are haunted by infertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My sister in law is 27 years old she's 7 month pregnant it's her third baby. In August 2016 she delivered her baby by surgery. Now she's facing problem in excretory system she tried few medicine also like biscuits. But still facing problem. In a day she use to go many time for excretion.
Surrogacy is a boon for couples who cannot conceive naturally or give birth to a child. Surrogacy is a process in which a woman's unfertilized eggs are implanted into the uterus of another woman who is called the surrogate mother. The egg is fertilized in the surrogate mother's uterus with the biological father's sperm. The surrogate mother lets the child develop in her womb and gives birth. Although, there are various medical treatments available, but not all of them have a high success rate.
The two primary methods of surrogacy are:
- Traditional surrogacy: In this process, the surrogate mother is artificially inseminated with the sperm, which belongs to the biological father of the baby. The sperm gets implanted into the surrogate mother's uterus and the child develops in her womb.
- Gestational surrogacy: For women who want to have a biological child in spite of being incapable of pregnancy, the gestational surrogacy method is used. During the process, in-vitro fertilization is undertaken and the eggs from the woman who wants to become a biological mother are harvested. The eggs, along with the sperm from the biological father are implanted into the uterus of a surrogate mother, who will carry the embryo and will give birth to the child.
Process involved in surrogacy:
Here are the several processes and procedures, which need to be undertaken, after you have chosen a surrogate mother for carrying your child.
- Medical testing: After a surrogate mother is chosen, the woman goes through several health checkups, medical and psychological tests to ensure that she gives birth to a healthy child.
- Legal agreements: There are several legal considerations that have to be addressed for a surrogacy. All the legal requirements regarding the surrogacy should be written down. Some issues include both the surrogate mother and the biological parents. A financial contract must be presented as well, which will reimburse the medical expenses and requirements of the surrogate mother.
- Medical process: The medical processes required for surrogacy include in-vitro fertilization and the transfer of the eggs, which are done in a clinic under the supervision of a reproductive endocrinologist. The eggs are transferred to the uterus of the surrogate, where fertilization takes place after combining it with the sperms of the biological father.
- Pregnancy and birth: After successful fertilization, the surrogate mother gets pregnant. Proper care and precautions should be taken by her to ensure a successful birth. Finally, the surrogate mother gives birth to a child, who belongs to the biological parents.
This method of having a child has become very popular in the recent times. It is a great blessing for people who cannot conceive due to medical conditions or otherwise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.