Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sabaz SeriaYour feedback matters!
My son is fifteen months old and his weight is 9.5 kg. Is it normal? He is pre matured baby born with 2.5kg. But he is very active and all his activities were done correctly at each month. His developments are good but he doesn't gain weight. What to do?
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!
My son is 9 years old during night sleep he passes urine without his knowledge and everything gets wet. What shall I do to stop this. Is it weakness and if so what food or medicines should I recommend to my son.
My son is 2.5 month, initially as I had flat nipple so I was using artificial nipple to feed my baby. But now he is not ready to feed directly. Is it safe to make him feed with artificial nipple until he breast feed? Does it affect his gum and disturb teething process? Is there any option to make him feed directly?
Hi, my son he is 1 year old, and he is suffering from fever since yesterday, he have high great temp, please advice me what to do.
My baby now going to complete 5 months I have give DBT2 injection after some hours he getting fever then he is crying I didn't understand what should I do now? Please help me.
Hello. My younger son is 4 months 15 days old. He just started rolling and rolled only once. His bit th weight is 3.5 kgs. But he is still 6.5 kgs ,looks like tiny baby and not chubby at all. I had severe chickenpox at 6 month of pregnancy. Has this affected?
in todays world it is almost imposssible to always avoid the allergen, so the better option is to strengthen the body to fight against these.
Ayurveda advocates certain daily regimens which can help in this.
1.Proper oral hygiene has to be maintained. Practice tooth brushing at morning and before bedtime. Ensure proper mouth wash after every meal.
2. Pratimarsh nasya - This is the practise of instilling oil in the nose. This can be practised easily by an individual. Instill 4-5 drops of sesame oil daily in each nostril and inhale deeply. This has to be practiced early in the morning.
3.Make a habit of applying Rasnadi powder (An ayurvedic medicated poweder) over the vertex immediately after bath and also at bedtime. Avoid sleeping directly under the fan or other cooling sources.
4. Intake of buttermilk processed with turmeric poder, curry leaves, ginger is also useful.
5. Add ginger, garlic esentially in all meals.
6. Yogic practices like breathing exercises can support the lung capacity and cleansing practices like neti can help in developing desensitization to allergens.
7. Drinking water should be boiled with cumin seeds and always consumed as lukewarm.
8. Oil massage before bath can help a lot. Sesame oil can be used for this, for those having frequent episodes of chest congestion muatard oil will give better results. Take bath in warm water only.