Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sabaz SeriaYour feedback matters!
My son is one month old ,he always pass gas and it seems he is having pain while passing stool. Can I start giving him gripe water? But some doctor suggested me tht I shld start giving him gripe water only in severe condition or after 6 months.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is taking macox zh kid for 4 months. How long will it take to stop. Whether the doctor will stop by 6 months or will he continue. I fear to ask him bec still he is having cold. Can we give curd during cold?
My daughter is 5 months old. I am giving her multivitamin drops with zinc as advised by her pediatritian. Can I give her calcarea phosphorica pills in addition? please advice
My child is in 4th standard. He is 10 years old. But his height and weight are poor. His diet is ok. But no increment in weight. His weight is 16 kg. Is there any treatment for weight and height gain?
On 22nd July my son (4 years old) had 101 fevers at night. I consulted homeopathic doctor (with whom I have consulted earlier and found effective in my son’s treatment of cold & cough). While the temperature reduced, my son started coughing. Homeopathic doctor gave him medicines for cough that I continued administering my son for next 2 days. However, I noticed that the cough increased, even though I also kept doing some home made things (like ginger honey paste, tulsi extract) to help reduce the cough fast. Since the cough increased in next 2 days, I assumed the homeopathic medicine is not effective in curing cough though it cured the fever .I therefore, started giving S-mucolite 3 times 3.5 ml (this was prescribed by our allopathic doctor 5 months back when he had chest cold). As expected, I could see significant improvement in frequency and sound of his cough with each passing day. In next 4 days my son’s coughing reduced to bare minimum though he is still coughing with a heavy cough sound and still has minor cold. I wanted to know whether I should continue only with S –mucolite for 3 more days (full course is of 7 days as last prescribed by the doctor during same type of cough). Should I also add a decongestant like Alex junior as prescribed earlier for regular cough? Or with passage of time the cough will subside and there is no need to start any other medicine. Please provide your suggestions?
Hi from yesterday onwards my baby is suffering from severe cold n cough he has running nose. Currently giving nasoclear n brozedex 0.7 ml. He s six month old son. Is this medicine ok.
My son having repeated fever after one weak before one weak platelet count 2.15 and dengue test was negative kindly advice further.
My son is of 51/2 months. From last 7 days, he had not done poop. Please suggest me what to do so that he can do poop?
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.