Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Saad MahvyYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am suffering from frequent mouth ulcers. Everytime general physician prescribe Tab. Vitamin c forte Tab. Folic acid Tab. Betamethasone Three times a day. Always my mouth ulcers are gone with this medicine. Bt after few days some ulcers come on another place in mouth. I am suffering from this condition for last 1or 2 years. please prescribe me that medicine that would treat my ulcers permanent. please help.
I am 30 years old. And got cavities in my teeth what should I do now if your answer is filling. Which filling is batter.
My father tongue movement stop and slabber so eating problem. Only liquid eating and breathing problem. Last three year.
Suddenly I m notice a gap between my upright teeth. And I m eating some stronger food starts pain there. What I do for ends the problem? Please give m a proper answer.
I am suffering from gas, nausea headache, unable to swallow in Morning till 12.30 - 1.00 Late wake up 10.30 - 11.00,very low energy,& terrible pain in muscles, jaw etc. Eruptions till thyroid gland. Little mucus cough white with nausea vomiting while brushing teeth Trapped while lying on single bed with 2 pillows, sometimes I have to turn the pillow. Pain at nodal with thyroid gland in ears to ringing itchiness tinnitus. TMJ pain.
I have pain in both of my jaw and also clicking sound from right side of my jaw. I have also neck and shoulder pain and I have noticed that the space between c5 and c6 of my spine have increased. I am feeling very very unwell and uncomfort. please help me.
I am 59 years old. For the past two years I have some obstruction in the sub mandibular salivary duct which causes severe discomfort on my cheeks. The lymph node under the jaw swells immediately. This is not permanent. Comes on and off and settles by itself. Sometimes there will be slight swelling under the ears. CT scan taken. No obstruction noticed. Not able to identify what triggers it. Doctors only suggest chewing gum. Sour candy and massage. They do not recommend surgery also. Can you suggest any treatment that can relieve me from this discomfort? Thanks.
Hello sir, mere mouth me bahut saare chale ho gaye Hain jo medicine lene par bhi 2 weeks se theek nahi ho rahe Hain aur chalo aur daanto me bahut pain bhi hota hai main tobacco aur smoking bhi nahi karta please help.
May I drink water just after talking tea? Will it harm my teeth? How can I make my teeth very strong?
My right side of jaws and head is paining. And also got a serious headache. I don't know the reason why. So, pls suggest me a solution.
Hi I have ulcer, I want know which food will eat daily & how many times to eat daily? How to control ulcer? Doctor suggested 1 month for pantocid Hp, after 1 month he suggested pantocid 40 mg. One thing I am going gym. Any effected for me. Please give me suggestions.
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpaste is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
I think a couple of my teeth look like they have cavity. A small black spot which is almost negligible though. Is there any way to heal them without going to a dentist clinic
I am 23. I chewed gutkha and tobacco for five years but not consistently. I developed oral submucous fibrosis. Their are many whitish fibrous bands in my mouth and soft palate. My mouth opening is good and I already met ENT doctor many times and he said nothing to worry about. But the biggest problem is that I develop consistent mouth ulcers even I didn't chew gutkha right now. Doctor told me Whatever damage is done to my mouth will remain permanent but you should quit tobacco and I did the same thing as doctor said. But I'm getting mouth ulcers consistently and Whenever I eat anything it hurts my mouth due to trauma. My ENT specialist gave me Lycopene Tablets and Tess Buccal paste. I am currently using only Buccal paste but Still I keep getting mouth ulcers. This is my problem since one year. My mouth opening is good but most part of my inner mouth is damaged. I don't even posses the courage to watch my mouth in mirror. Although my ENT doctor said nothing to worry about and I'm just 23 but I've heard that oral submucous fibrosis has a risk of developing into cancer even after quitting tobacco. I'll be glad if you tell me the chances of getting cancer as I already stopped taking gutkha and tobacco products and How long it will take my mouth to heal completely since mouth ulcer is my problem since more than a year. Read less.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.