Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Vikas
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S VikasYour feedback matters!
Doc I having cough and itching in throat I taken medicine also amoxyclav and cough syrup but it didn't work for me.
My friend's husband both kidneys have failed and 38 years old. Other than dialysis, transplant is there any natural method to retrieve kidney function by consumption of leave etc.
Penis is paining. Pains a lot during urination. I masturbate frequently. Is this related to penis paining.
My father is having problem with prostate enlargement, he's having problem while urinating because of that. So please tell remedies and proper treatment, we are worried.
HI Doctor, I'm 31 yrs old. I had severe stomach pain for nearly a week. Hence I went to the doctor available nearby. He took blood test for H. Pylori and has confirmed about the presence of the bacteria. He had suggested me 3 medicines 1 before food and other 2 after food with the gap of 12 hrs for 14 days the medicines are as follows. 1. Before food-ultrazole 30mg 2. Clarimac 500mg - after food 3. Co-Amoxiclav 1000mg -after food. After having the above mentioned tablets, my stomach pain got reduced, but the issue is that after 3 days of dosage i'm passing motion for minimum 3 times a day and the color of stools is black. is there any side effects having these tablets? Kindly advice. Since I crossed 1 week of the dosage given to me. Thanks
I am facing swollen tonsils, coughing fit, ear ache. Sorting is stuck or lodged in the back of the throat.
If you are concerned about the health of your heart, one of the primary and most important things to do is quit smoking. Avoiding and abstaining from smoking will heal the nicotine damage caused to your heart. This will enable you to lead a long and healthy life. Here are the reasons why you should quit smoking for the sake of your heart:
- Reduced risk of heart attack: The benefits of not smoking start hours after you quit, and the heart rate and blood pressure get normalised slowly. By quitting smoking, your chances of having a heart attack are reduced by 50%.
- In case of women, quitting smoking has special benefits: Women generally have a smaller body frame than men, and the harmful effects of smoking on a woman’s heart are considered to be more dangerous and concentrated. Female smokers under the age of sixty are more likely to experience a condition known as cholesterol plaque erosion, which is a fatal blood vessel condition. Women smokers are likely (seven times more than men) to develop heart complications due to smoking.
- When you quit smoking, your heart is no longer exposed to harmful chemicals: Cigarette smoke contains toxins such as arsenic, formaldehyde and benzene. The chemical substances may be hazardous to the blood vessels in your body, and the heart muscles get damaged. Once you quit smoking, these chemicals will no longer enter your body, making your heart healthier.
- Quitting smoking benefits other people as well: When children and people are exposed to tobacco smoke, their chances of having plaque in their heart’s arteries are enhanced. This may cause a stroke.
- Quitting smoking reduces the chances of getting hospitalised: A smoker may be at the risk for getting hospitalised because of several conditions such as congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, much more than a non-smoker. After quitting smoking, the chances of being hospitalised decrease within five years.
- Quitting smoking lowers the risk of having atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is a blood vessel disease which is caused due to inflammations all over the body. Because of this, the arteries may stiffen and thicken. Smokers face the risk of acquiring this condition three times more than non-smokers.
You can quit smoking most effectively by combining behavioural support along with prescribed medication. People using this type of multi-treatment are likely to become successful at quitting smoking. You should consult a specialist who is certified in tobacco treatment, who will provide you with a plan. It will include counselling, medicines and a nicotine replacement therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.