Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S S SawantYour feedback matters!
I have proper food, I exercise regularly, I have 3 to 4 litres of water every day, still Always have gas and acidity, can I know why?
I am 46 years old male patient of colon ulcer. Inspite of having dietary restrictions and steroids, I am suffering from loose motion for last several months. Is it very alarming? what may be the reason?
Last week I undergone surgery ,thrombosed extended pile.I discharged from hospital next day.Prescriptionmedicines ,monocef ,smith cream,duphalac oral solution ,liquid paraffin I.P used.Since 3 days some seepage from my anus orange colour with smell is coming.Surgery part also not healed. Very inconvenient to me.Anus also pain around while passing stool.
My wife, in her 8th month of pregnancy. She complaints of an itchy burning sensation in her abdomen if she walks for some time. On resting for a while it subsides. What is happening? Is everything alright? Please help.
Good morning doctor I want to ask is there any permanent solution for gassy stomach? Me and my father is facing this problem for a long time.
Hi there! I am 23 male. 1 month ago I had operation for appendicitis. And now I got my blood test reports .my ALT (sgpt) is 81 U/L.Except this everything is normal. Is this normal or not. Or any suggestions.
Dear doctor. What is cause of fistula and how to cure it. Suffering since last2 years. tried some herbal remedies but no result. Kindly refer some best hospital. Doctors are suggesting to operate.
I have problem with stomach. My digestion system is too poor since last 3 year. Suggested me hor better digestion system.
Hi, I am male 22 years old, I am suffering from anal fissure since a month, I have used b complex and oflaxine tablets but it was not cured completely, from last 3 days bleeding is more, and pain after bowel movement was staying till afternoon, please suggest a good medicine. Response will be appreciated.
Hello sir my self alok Sharma suggest me some effective medicine for better digestion. My digestion is very bad please help me out.
The kidneys make urine, which is a fluid through which wastes from the body including urea are eliminated from the body. There are two kidneys on the right and left side, which make urine, and pass it down to the bladder through tubes known as ureter. The bladder acts as a reservoir of the urine that is formed in the kidneys. It is stored temporarily there before being excreted out of the body through the urethra. The urinary bladder is a highly muscular organ and has a rich connective tissue.
Interstitial cystitis (IC) or painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is a very common condition, which affects females more than males. While the exact etiology is not known, it could be age-related and also lifestyle related. People who are used to controlling the urge to pass urine are highly likely to develop this condition. The simple logic is that there is additional pressure on the bladder from the urine that is contained for longer period of time. As such, the muscular wall stretches and begins to feel stressed.
When this habit continues over a period of time, the bladder wall may become irritated or inflamed or even scarred in severe cases. There is no role of bacteria in this condition, and antibiotics are of no help in managing this condition (though the name cystitis usually indicates infection).
The following symptoms are seen as a result of this constant irritation and inflammation.
- One may suffer from pain and pressure in the bladder as it continues to collect more and more urine.
- This pressure in the bladder also puts pressure on the surrounding tissues in the abdomen including the pelvis, urethra, abdominal organs, uterus, etc.
- Women may experience pain in the vaginal tract including vulva and behind the vagina.
- Men may experience pain in the area of the scrotum, testicles, prostate, and penis.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, which may be as much as 9 to 10 times a day. As the condition progresses, there could be more visits, as many as 40 to 50 visits a day.
- This tendency and urge to urinate increases during nighttime.
- For women, this urge to urinate and other symptoms including pain are worse during menstruation.
- There could be pain during intercourse for both men and women.
- There could be pain even otherwise, which can range from a mild dull ache to a piercing pain.
- At a structural level, this constant pressure leads to pinpoint bleeding (glomerulations) and sometimes even ulcers in the bladder wall.
There is no definitive treatment for IC or PBS. However, bladder distention and instillation are proven methods of increasing bladder capacity, which therefore helps in relieving symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.