Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S S ManiharYour feedback matters!
Hi I have birthmark in my eyes and it looks so uncomfortable I had searched on net it's called nevs of ota and can be cured please do help me in relation with this pbl where can I get my pbl be treated in india.
My stomach and head is hard pain and my eye red and falling tear always. What to do? Please help me.
I am wearing specs since the age of 10 years .I m suffering from myopia. I want to remove my specs .I don't feel comfortable in specs sometimes I feel very awkward because I am not able to play any sports with the best of me.
My child aged 6 years is having retina eye problem. Everything is ok, but he can't read from certain distance. All tests have been done. But, even erg test also failed to diagnose exact problem. But it has been diagnosed as retina problem. Probably small retina. It has been suggested another test scanning after 6 months. Is there any remedy for retina problems.
I am 19 years male, I experience while driving at night. Tears come from my eyes. I am already using crizal lenses. But not much effect suggest some ointment for giving relief to eyes.
I am 38 years old. No BP & sugar. I got twice retina blood clot which went away on its own. Reasons for this told by retina specialists is putting pressure on passing stools since I have unique and not easily treatable constipation prob dessenergic defecation. Please help me out.
I have constipation in my stomach and irritation in my eyes and throat. I have red eyes along three days.
Most types of eye sight problems, such as short sight (minus power) or long sight (plus power) can be corrected by these procedures.
The benefits are clear:
• First of all, It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement, if at all needed, can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used. The discomfort experienced hardly lasts few seconds.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the next day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
The actual procedure:
Basically, Lasik or Laser Vision Correction can be done in different ways. The most commonly done procedure needs a thin flap to be taken from the cornea ( the curved glass like structure which makes the front of our eyes ). This flap making can be done by an automated, very thin, rotating blade (microkeratome) or by a very advanced Laser, called Femtosecond. The femtosecond laser option is the best, but also the most expensive, may not be suitable for all eyes. After creating the flap, the next most important part is the application of excimer laser, which is a must for all Laser Vision Correction procedures.
There are few side effects or complications, but most of them can be prevented by careful preoperative planning or can be overcome by treatment or eye drops after the procedure.
Swelling below eye lids and little at lower side foot. Regular exersise, as such no pain or any other sign,
I am 32 years old and looking for LASIK surgery, can you please tell me what is phacoemulsification?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.