Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.r. KankonkarYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. I have acne from last three and half years. I tried some medicine recommended by doctor but does not give any positive result. It pains also. Is it takes three years for hormonal change? What should I do?
Hi sir, I am getting skins boiler in my whole body. Its like pimples type. Its occur again and again in my stomach shoulder and sometime face. please suggest something.
I have pimples on my face. M doing everything for it but I cnt help it. N have black dots also help me to remove it.
I am a 24 year old male. I have been having this hair fall problem from a long time. I am afraid that I might end up with this general male pattern baldness. I tried a lot of things but my hair keeps falling. Is there anything I can do to stop my hair from falling and regrow it.
I have itching problem like ringworm from one months. I have done everything for it and It is not getting cure. Please help me.
I suffered from chicken pox past 20 days but those scars remains same on my face what should I do to get rid of them. Would you please suggest some Cream regarding this.!
I use panderm plus for fair complexion is it safe or not if not than please prescribed me any other cream for fair skin tone.
I am 24 year old. From past 2 months I am loosing my hair. I have consulted dermatologist she gave me medicine and ointment for 6 months. My hemoglobin level was low but now its improving but even now m facing hairfall problem very much. I have found that I have dandruff also. Please suggest me how should I overcome hairloss because day by day it is affecting my self esteem.
I have so many pimples on my face and their marks. Its irritating. What to do? How to get rid of it?
Hi this is bushra I wanted to knw a gud shampoo nd conditioner for my hair as I am on heavy medication for epilepsy so still I am facing hairloss problem so plzz guide me for tht.
What if we do steam regular on face? (advantage & disadvantage both) what if we apply face pack regularly? (disadvantages)
Do you know the sun is making your skin age faster? plus, 5 other reasons behind facial wrinkles
Facial wrinkling occurs when the skin develops creases, folds and ridges. The formation of wrinkles is a normal part of the process of skin ageing. However, certain factors may accelerate the process and lead to premature wrinkling of the face and other parts of the body.
The main causes of facial wrinkling are:
1. Skin ageing: as a person gets older, his/her skin becomes less taut and begins to sag. The production of natural oils and fat in the deeper layers of the skin gets reduced with age, which leads to the formation of wrinkles due to diminished skin elasticity.
2. Sun exposure: constant exposure of skin to the sun causes damage and speeds up the ageing process. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun break down collagen and collective tissue fibres, which is the primary cause of premature wrinkling.
3. Skin complexion: due to the absence of melanin, people with fairer (lighter) skin, experience more damage due to sun exposure. This causes them to develop wrinkles much earlier.
4. Facial muscle contraction: repeatedly making the same facial expressions and contraction of face muscles causes wrinkling. Those who constantly frown, smile or squint get facial wrinkles as it leads to reduced skin elasticity.
5. Smoking: smokers are more susceptible to premature wrinkling. This is due to the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals from the smoke in the bloodstream, which hamper the supply of blood and oxygen to the outer layers of skin.
6. Genetic factors: many people get facial wrinkling as a result of hereditary causes and family genetics.
However, the good news is that facial wrinkling can be prevented through these simple ways:
This is the most effective way of avoiding wrinkles. Keep yourself protected against sun exposure by staying out of the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen at all times.
Quitting the smoke
Kicking the habit will show a marked improvement in your skin quality and would help prevent further wrinkling.
Use of moisturisers
Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling. Keeping your skin supple and moisturised prevents wrinkles.
Leading a healthy lifestyle
The combination of following a nutritious diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and regularly exercising keeps the skin young and wrinkle-free.
There are several options to improve wrinkles by procedures which include botox, fillers, prp and lasers for skin tightening. The most suitable option can be chosen depending upon the severity and type of wrinkling.