Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S P RaoYour feedback matters!
My wife (age 25) 30 weeks pregnant (first time) having O- blood group & with O+ husband. Gone through coomb test which is negative. Still gynecologist recommended anti injection. Whether she must shot it now? Is it required to take it now or as it is required to take after pregnancy if baby has +blood group.
Nuts were rediculed till a few years back by the diet-conscious population because they are high in fats. However, now they are being embraced by the very same people because of their heart healthy, anti diabetes and weight loss properties.
Recent research has transformed mindsets. Extensive studies published in reputed journals prove that nuts not only promote heart health and fight diabetes, but they also aid in weight-loss. Nuts are nutritional nuggets containing phytochemicals and unsaturated fats, which are a type of fat that promotes heart-health. They also contain high levels of Vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, copper and antioxidants.
Promoters of weight loss
Nuts are some of the most filling food items available in your kitchen cabinets. The high fibre and protein in nuts makes you feel full faster. This means you will never binge eat on nuts, you will not reach for the pizza in the fridge and therefore, not pile on the kilos. Because of this, nuts are a dieter’s dream.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition says that dieters stick with their diet plan longer if nuts are included in it. In fact they don’t feel they are on a diet, if they’re allowed to eat nuts while dieting. Other prestigious studies suggest that women who eat nuts tend to be slimmer than women who don’t. Nuts like peanuts can increase your metabolic rate. So you burn up more calories and lose weight.
Nuts also stabilize your blood sugar as they are low glycemic index foods. This means they are digested more slowly and release sugar gradually into the bloodstream, as compared to food items such as rice that is a high glycemic index food. Low glycemic index food products also provide long-term energy and decrease cravings.
Nuts contain calories, but these calories come along with awesome health benefits. Since, one ounce of nuts contains 160- 200 calories, it’s important to remember not to binge on other fatty foods like ghee along with nuts. Balance is important while having these nutrient-dense foods. If you don’t do this, you will end up putting on weight instead of losing it.
Apart from portion control, nutritionists suggest that you do the following:
- Eat nuts along with other food items, like mix and match nuts with fruits, sprinkle nuts on soups, cheese or breads and eat them with salads.
- Eat small portions and avoid eating handful of nuts at a go.
- The nuts that are really good are walnuts, almonds, Macadamia nuts, pecans and cashews. So try to include more of these. Also, if you are allergic to peanuts, stay away from them.
- Avoid sweet or flavoured varieties of nuts. These contain extra doses of salt and sugar and can end up making you fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Hello doctor, my period was on 28 th March & then I had my last period on 29 April & we had sex on 9 th May & 13 may. Can I conceive. How many days we have to sex? I heard that 8 day to 19 day for fertilization please tell me what is my fertile days & most fertile day also I do not know the exact calculation for ovulation so that we can try for next some days. What is my ovulation day? Please help us doc. After going sperm inside my vagina how many times I have to wait or we can immediately to bathroom. And after sex how many days we have to gap so that again we can try for baby. In ovulation days how we can try means how many days is it regular basis we have to try or any gaping.
I am 37 years old and 8 months 1 week pregnant. How much time to remain in baby birth, this is my first baby.
My wife last period was begin 3rd on this month. So which date will be of ovulation time. So we can intercourse for baby. Actually we are trying couples of months but still no result. One more thing I want to ask you actually I have high blood pressure so I am taking telma am tablet since two years so is there any problem for be a father in future pls suggest.
I am 24 years old married (1year, I have PCOD problem like irregular periods till now I have not got conceive, and I have gained weight even pimples also in face. please tel me the remedy.
I'm 26 old n I want to get pregnant so can you please tell me some multivitamin tablet for good egg fertility to conceive.
Is there any bad effect on baby if had sex during pregnancy? Is there any time period during pregnancy, when sex should not be done?
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
What is IVF?
IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization and is a method of artificial insemination that dramatically increases the chances of pregnancy. It is one of the assisted reproductive technologies methods used as fertility treatment across the world where other methods have had drastic results.
In simpler terms, a man's sperm is inserted in woman's egg using controlled laboratory environment to proceed with fertilization. These embryos are then carefully put back into the mother's uterus after 4 to 5 days of fertilization in incubator in hopes that the embryo would grow in a full baby. The embryo transfer process needs to be carefully done in order for successful fertilization in the mother's womb.
There are many reasons why IVF is conducted:
- Poor sperm quality - Males having poor sperm quality are unable to achieve fertilization and increase the chances of conception with their female partners. This is male factor infertility due to which people move towards IVF.
- Fallopian tube problems - This is a female factor infertility, in which fallopian tubes either get blocked, or damaged making it complicated and stressful for the embryo to travel to the uterus.
One must approach IVF treatment with patience and a willingness to comply with all the tenets that the treatment is built upon. IVF clinics may vary the treatment a little according to what the patient's condition demands and different clinics may have different methods. The basic methods of IVF treatment however, remain the same. The first step to the treatment is to find the right clinic which complies with factors like availability of resources, cost and quality of treatment. After deciding the clinic, the next step is to understand that IVF treatment happens in cycles and the success rate of conception varies. Patients must also be ready to face any disappointment.
Here’s the short version of the steps involved in an IVF treatment cycle:
- Ovarian stimulation. Your doctor prescribes a course of drugs for you to take to stimulate your ovaries into hopefully producing 12 to 15 mature eggs.
- Monitoring of your drug response. To monitor the progress of your ovarian stimulation you undergo an ultrasound examination and blood tests.
- Egg maturation. Two days before your eggs are due to be collected you have a hormone injection, which triggers maturation of the eggs.
- Egg collection. You receive a light general anaesthetic for this simple, short procedure, and your doctor retrieves your eggs using an ultrasound-guided technique.
- Sperm production. On the day of egg collection, your partner provides a sperm sample.
- Fertilisation. The embryologist puts sperm and eggs together in the lab and, if all goes well, the eggs fertilise and early embryo development begins.
- Embryo transfer. Two to five days after egg collection, your doctor places one or two embryos in your uterus. Frozen transfer can be planned after a gap of 1 month.
- Embryo freezing. If you have additional embryos suitable for use, they can be frozen and kept for future transfers. Also, frozen embryos are available.
- Pregnancy test. About two weeks after embryo transfer you have a blood test to find out whether the treatment worked.
- If the test is positive, you have your first pregnancy scan two weeks later.
- If the test is negative, you and your partner need to talk to your doctor and decide whether to try the treatment again.
Is ED and PE curable. How i M 35 n suffering from both .m do a lot of work out.But somehow I have fear for sex whether I ll be able to perform. What is the best medicine sildenafil or tadalafil. I have performance phobia. As m patient of IBS I don't drink milk and use ssrl drugs peiscibed by doc. What are it's effects on my sex life and how to counter it's side effects. please suggest me the remedy as it's spoiling my self esteem and I am getting dependent on sildenafil and tadalafil. Will I get addicted to them. please help.
My mom had breast cancer doctor ask us that chemo without port may damage the veins but I research internet and I found that it is patients choice to have port or not, even port could cause infections. Sir Please If you can give us some advice.
Hello doctor, I affected in pcod problem for last 4 year, I tried lot of treatment but no use at all.
My periods were supposed to be on 10th nov nd still not occurred. I had sex on 24rth of the last month in which my partner withdrew before ejaculating. Now I have done hcg test twice. One yesterday and the other 4 days ago. It tested negative. Can you tell me what may be the cause. Why is so happening why is so delayed?
Hi I wanted to identify my girl is organ or not. How can I judge? Is any way to identify? Who I check organ test?
I had evaserve (DHEA) tablet 3 months prior to Ivf. And continued even after embryo transfer and pregnancy confirmation. When I informed this to my Dr. when I met her on 14 day after transfer, she told me to stop immediately. Will it affect my baby.
Adult orthodontics---An insight
A few decades ago, orthodontic treatment was not frequently undertaken for adult patients but the number of adult patients nowadays receiving orthodontic treatment is increasing day by day. Most of the adults (18-40 years) who have not received orthodontic treatment as children or young adults due to financial restrictions or lack of awareness, now want to seek orthodontic treatment as they have become financially independent and are more aware of their looks. Their main goal is to correct their malocclusion, their smile, appearance & their quality of life.
Adult orthodontics demand additional skills to bring out the best possible outcome in most of the cases as most adults in both the younger & older groups fairly understand what they want as outcome of the treatment. Although buccal fixed metallic braces are efficient treatment systems, these motivated adult patients have some concerns about the appearance of conventional orthodontic braces. The demand for an invisible orthodontic treatment comes from adults who are concerned about the reaction of others to obvious orthodontic treatment either due to peer pressure, demands of their working atmosphere other constrains. Nowadays, there are 3 main options for adults to undergo orthodontic treatment:
- Ceramic braces: These are brackets made of tooth colored material placed on the outer side of teeth. They do mask the metallic smile of course, but these are not totally invisible.
- Lingual orthodontics: These braces are placed on the inner side of teeth, so these are not visible at all but patient need more adjustment time in them due to the close proximity of tongue. These are more technically difficult for the orthodontist to use efficiently orthodontists do need to have special training to master this technique with a long steep learning curve.
- Clear aligners: These are transparent appliances which are snapped over teeth for treatment. These appliances are efficient effective for non-extraction treatment with mild to moderate malocclusions but still have a long way to go before they can be successfully used to treat difficult malocclusion cases. Further developments in technique technology may overcome these limitations.
- Summarizing, it can be said that treatment options are numerous. Depending upon the patient’s expectations as well as the financial aspect complications of the case, your orthodontist will suggest you the treatment mode best suited for you. However, its absolutely necessary that patient realizes that the skill competence of a trained certified orthodontist is the most important factor in the success of the treatment.