Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I gave contraceptive pill to my girl friend last month and her periods started 2 days before her date. This month her date was 22 dec. And we had sex on 18 dec with any precaution she skipped her periods on 22 and we checked through prega kit after 4 days of her date test was negative thn we checked it again on 6 day and the test was negative like previous one. It's been 8 days she skipped periods and today she realized that it's just a spotting not proper periods is what should I do. Is there any possibilities of getting pregnant?
I am 39 week pregnant. Today gone for ultrasound in which everything come ok. But weight of baby come 3.9 kg. For which my doctor told to get admit we operate and done delivery. What should I do as there is no pain and not any discharge come yet. Please advise.
My daughter who is 22 year old has missed two periods. She has thyroid problem she is taking 75 mg thyronorm. The recent report shows tsh level normal
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
I am married women and I born twins baby nd they are 3 months nd my breast is loose nd not tight nd my skin is going nd I want my breast tight nd beautiful shape so what should I do for it please help me.
I have period problems that it is not bleeding properly. Slightly it is happening. Please advise what to do.
Sir, I am 29 years old. I have a baby of 14 months. After delivery still my period has not begin. My symptom of epilepsy was diagnosed 6 month ago. Doctor prescribed valprolcr 500 and folvite. A neuro psychiatrist prescribed nexito10 and lonazep0. 25 along with above medicines. Does my epilepsy has a relation with my mensuration.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'.
I am 25 yr female and 4 months pregnant. Have been having heavy vaginal bleeding since 2months. Scan says placenta is 2cm above cervix. Advised bed rest till my delivery. Does it set right later in pregnancy and what care should I take now?
Hey doc please prescribe any effective yeast infection medicine I got yeast infection every time at least 2 times in a month and I am very disturb with this problem I don't want to go to doctor because m very shy to open up. please help.
The medicines that we see today, including the heavy antibiotics and the normal syrups, never existed century ago. However, people since inception have been taking a different form of medications for illness and other health problems. The power of herbal medicines cannot be overlooked at point time – prior to all the modern medicines, these herbal medicines even cured deadly diseases.
Once again, pharmacy is going into the herbal era to explore and bring out the human health benefits. This is because of the ease of use and yes, the affordability and the power to heal almost every human health disorder.
Unfortunately, we lack medicinal plant information and that is why never think of having some quick doctors (medicinal plants) at home. Indeed, everyone seems to be pleased and delighted with the importance of medicinal plants; are you intrigued to have a small healing garden of your own? I mean its fun and benefit for generations. People have always been inquiring about:
- Are herbal remedies safe?
- Which are the best healing plants?
- Is growing medicinal plants a great and beneficial hobby?
This excerpt deals with the most common medicinal plants and their uses – moreover, you would get to know about the list of medicinal plants which can easily been grown at home. For your knowledge and better understand, you can easily relate the information with medicinal plant pictures over the internet and grasp the idea in a better way.
In case of emergencies your little medicinal herbal garden would always stand besides you – for example, my mother was lucky enough to have aloe vera at home garden because I got burnt by the heater and during the cold nights there was no one to take me to doctor. Well, now you must check out the simplest yet effective medicinal plants that must be there in the garden:
1) Aloe Vera:
It can be gown under normal conditions because it just needs moist soil and sun exposure. The big leaves contain sap, which works amazingly against:
- Wounds and cuts
- Skin allergies
The intake of aloe vera juice can heal:
- digestive problems and appetite
- Chronic constipation
- ulcerative colitis
2) Marsh Mallow:
You must have an idea; it is the same plant from which edible marshmallows are obtained. The roots of this plant are extremely beneficial as they treat:
- Insect bites
- bruises and wounds
- Aching muscles
- Skin inflammations
Internally you can treat:
- Stomach acids
- Urine problems
3) Pot Marigold:
The best thing about this plant is it can be grown under normal climatic conditions. It is commonly known for its great benefits for the skin – however, it is amazingly for external uses like:
- Insect bites
- Sore eyes
- Wounds and stings
It also works best for:
- Infections (chronic)
- Varicose veins
4) Chinese yam:
This type of yam can be eaten to cure tonic effects in spleen and stomach. In addition, it helps in treating lungs and kidneys. You can also treat:
- Dry coughs
- Poor digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Problematic urination
- Snake and Scorpio bites
5) Tea tree:
You must have heard about tea green a lot, especially for treatment against loss of hair and headaches. It contains amazing benefits like antibacterial, anti fungal and works best as antiseptic. In addition, it treats:
- Athlete foot
- fatigue syndrome
- Vaginal infections
- Acne and warts
- Insect bites
6) Lemon balm:
The leaves of this plant have mint like smell and provides nourishing image. It has big summer flowers, which can be rubbed against the skin for:
- Animal bites
- Mosquito bites
The nectar that is used with water in form of juice is beneficial for:
- Colds and cough
- Upset stomach
It is mostly known for its strong antiseptic nature. It is wonderful when it comes to the treatment of:
- Stomach gas
You must have used basil lot many times in food but have you ever tried it to heal flatulence? It has the power to treat:
- Lack of appetite
- Stomach gas
You must have had used sage in your food – interestingly, it has the capacity to treat:
- Skin infection
- Gum infection (mouth infections)
- Helps in digestion
- Helps in unblocking menopause
10) Fenugreek seeds:
These are very nourishing and carry great nutritional value – they can treat:
- Labor pain
- Digestion issues
- Drain ducts
- Diabetes (initial)
- Blood cholesterol levels (low)
- Refresh breathe
It contains allantoin, which helps in a replacement of body cells naturally. In addition, it can treat:
- bronchial issues
- broken bones (weak bones)
- severe burns
- cuts and acne
12) Turkey Rhubarb
It works well for the digestion problems and maintains balance in the digestive system. This herb is very gentle and treats:
- Menstrual problem
- Bladder problem
This herb is known for its natural ability to promote health and prolong the life. The roots can used to treat:
- Nervous disorders (relaxation of nervous system
- Increase the metabolism rate
- Improved blood pressure levels
- Improve diet
- Improve immunity
- increased hormone secretion
Peppermint is known as the world most powerful and oldest herb that can treat human health effectively. It is enriched with Vitamins like A and C – contains manganese and iron. The leaves can be used to treat:
- Upset stomach
- Treat fever
15) Milk Thistle:
It improves the liver function effectively – also it treats:
- bladder issues
- High cholesterol levels