Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S P Rao
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S P RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old female. Am in 2 week of pregnancy I want to stop this Please help me? Home remedies or abortion is needed?
There my gf have some stone like structure in the breast and its so painful we consult with the Dr. But they can't b treat with in a month.Now what should I do?
Sir, I am 17 year old girl. I have a lump in my breast so I asked to my 2 friends then they told that they also has a lump in breast so I want to know that every girl has a lump in breast or not .or whether it is harmful to have lump in breast.
Sir, I'm 30 years old woman, recently married. But I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for the last 10 years and I took many drugs at different times under medical supervision. At present I'm taking rexipra 10 mg tablet. But I'm not happy with my newly married life, not getting sexual pleasure properly and planning to become mother and conceive a baby. So, is this safe for me to take this medicine in this period or what should I do? Please suggest me sir, I am very much confused.
I had took contraceptive pil for about 8 times in gap period of 2 to 3 months. Is that is harm if yes how to recover fro that. please help me out, so that it should not affect in future.
Hi I have cesarean delivery on 24 April 2017 now it's 2 and half months gone. My tummy is to loose and looking bigger than my whole body. please guide me for my tummy and getting my figure back.
Nutrition for young mother
Mother is the sun of the family, thus, she gives energy and life to the whole universe. The role of mother is most important amongst all the roles played by a woman.
The gratitude and appreciation cannot end till we all die because as we all know the first process of motherhood is named well as labour pains. As all mothers always only worry and focus on the health and system of whole family but a healthy mother can only take care and bring up a healthy family, Therefore all the women should give important to their health to the same level as to family members, we should specially focus on young mothers more as the whole body and life gets a turn of 360 degree in terms of:
Body and lifestyle.
Like pregnancy, adequate nutrition of mother during lactation is of vital importance, as for almost next 6 months the infant is going get all his nutrition from mother's milk, thus, a young lactating mother needs extra nutrients to meet the baby's needs in addition to her own requirements. If the mother is malnourished, the secretions of milk are maintained at the cost of her own body reserves.
Thus, a complete well-balanced diet is important for a successful lactation ,where the breastfeed infant is growing well and maintaining appropriate biochemical indexes of nutritional status of mother and baby both.
Changes in terms of nutritional needs and hormones are very high in young mothers
Energy: During first 6 months of lactation an additional 600 kcal per day is needed and later this reduces to approx 400kcal per day.
: Calcium requirement during lactation grows high due to added stress to the body of producing milk.
1000mg per day of calcium should be taken to satisfy both mother and baby needs.
: to maintain the volume of milk and portion of casein (milk protein) an additional amount of almost 15-18g per day should be added to the diet, during first 6 months.
For good quality protein has milk and milk products, egg, nuts, pulses, fish and chicken.
: As the basic calcium, protein and carbohydrate contents are maintained in the milk at cost of mother's body reserves, the vitamins like A, B, B2, b3, C, folic acid, vitamin-D, and vitamin B12 are if less in nursing mother's diet, then an evident nutritional deficiency can be observed in the infants health too.
: A supplement of vitamin-D (10µg/d) is recommended for women who avoid milk and other foods fortified with vitamin-D. Similarly, a supplement of vitamin B12 (2.6 µg/d) is recommended for completely vegetarian mothers.
Limitation in one nutrition may be a marker for another nutrient inadequacies (e.g. iron and foliate deficiencies often coexist)
The amount of water and liquids in a diet is also very important for sufficient secretion of about 850 ml milk/day.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I have thyroid from past 4 years now my TSH level is 3.46. If I want to conceive what is the process I have to follow means first I want to consult doctor after getting treatment I want to proceed. Totally no idea please suggest me.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Diseases:-
Polycystic ovarian diseases (PCOD), is a common endocrine system disorder of women in their reproductive age. In this condition, there is an imbalance of the sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone of a woman. This causes enlarged ovaries that contain tiny collections of fluid (ovarian cysts), referred as follicles which might be settled in each ovary. These cysts are often seen during an ultrasound exam.
Cause of PCOD:-
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. Hormonal imbalances and genetics play a major role. Production of the hormone androgen in excess may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that womens bodies also produce. This overproduction can affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation. Excess insulin may cause high androgen levels.
Symptoms of PCOS:-
- Irregular menses (usually delayed)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight
- Acne and Dandruff in scalp
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Thinning of hair
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Diagnosis of PCOS:-
There is no definitive test for PCOS. Diagnosis depends on medical history and symptoms of patients. The physical and pelvic examination can help to find out the signs of PCOS.
- Thyroid function tests (TSH).
- Fasting glucose tests to measure blood sugar levels.
- Lipid level tests to assess the amount of cholesterol.
- USG (Ultra Sonography)
Complications of PCOD:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High cholesterol
- Anxiety and depression
- Endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- Heart attack
- Breast cancer
Homeopathic management for PCOD:
Polycystic Ovarian disease (PCOD) can be treated by Homoeopathic medicines. Homoeopathic medicines are very safe and can cure PCOD permanently and without any side effect. The complete cure of PCOD is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Arsenicum iodatum 6x: Suited to scrofulous diathesis where the thyroid, axillary, tonsils & mammary glands are swollen, hard, indurated, painful, sensitive and sore to the touch & may be exuding discharge with exfoliation of skin in large scales.
Carbo animalis 3x: Indicated when buboes, axillary & inguinal glands, thyroid gland are indurated & is as hard as a stone that even the surrounding tissues become hardened.
Clematis erecta 3X: Indicated when breast, inguinal glands, spermatic cord are hot, painful, swollen; with scirrhous, rheumatism of the joints or swollen ulcers.
Conium maculatum 4X: Acts on glandular system absorbing stony hard glandular tumors & other growths that can be outlined and felt. Suited to scrofulous affections like adenoma, swollen mammary glands, and goiter; with a marked tendency to induration, extending to cellular tissue, esp. after burns, blow or fall or bad effects of sexual excess.
Galium aparine 6x: Indicated in nodulated tumors, hardened glands, scirrhous formation, esp. of a tongue.
Hydrastis canadensis 2X: Indicated in cachectic dyscrasia esp. of the breast; goiter at puberty and pregnancy; follicular inflammation of pharynx; general ulcers in the throat.
Phytolacca decandra 3X: It has a powerful effect on fibrous tissues, muscles, and scar tissue; indicated in swollen tonsils, mumps, follicular inflammation of the pharynx, chest, and breast, lymph node swelling or soreness, mastitis in breastfeeding mothers with cracks and small ulcers about nipples, sties, stony hard painful goiter.