Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.P. PadliyaYour feedback matters!
My friend is admitted in hospital for a disease known as epileptic seizure. But he hasn't shown any common symptoms of epilepsy. Is any mild form of epilepsy which does not show any symptoms & is it permanent?
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.