Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. S. P. Nadkarni


Dentist, Mumbai

56 Years Experience  ·  100 at clinic
Dr. S. P. Nadkarni BDS Dentist, Mumbai
56 Years Experience  ·  100 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them....more
My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them.
More about Dr. S. P. Nadkarni
Dr. S. P. Nadkarni is a popular Dentist in Mumbai, Mumbai. He has over 56 years of experience as a Dentist. He has completed BDS . You can consult Dr. S. P. Nadkarni at Parle Dental Clinic in Mumbai, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. S. P. Nadkarni and consult privately on has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


BDS - Nair Hospital and Dental College, Mumbai, - 1961
Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
Indian Dental Association
Vileparle medical club


Book Clinic Appointment

Parle Dental Clinic

#136 B, Hanuman Road, Landmark- Shri Datta Mandhir, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
100 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. S. P. Nadkarni

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Dentist, Mumbai
A root canal treatment is required to fix a tooth pulp which gets inflamed, infected or becomes dead.
2 people found this helpful

When I was a child I had a cavity tooth which I covered the cavity with cement now its pain what should I do.

Dentist, Patiala
You need to have x ray. Then only we can anticipate. So do not wait visit the dentist. But as a general health do brush twice your teeth. And do warm saline rinses 3 times a week. It will give you relief.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello people today im writing article on some common oral problem called halitosis means bad smell. Halitosis possess social and personal delimma to the person who has this problem
He can never talk freely, feeled ashamed to be sit among friends, can t talk freely to their clients so and so.
Reason for this problem is formation of volatile sulphur compounds cause bad smell. Halitosis can be through bad habits like smoking, drinking, gutka chew etc or can be gerd (gastric entero regurgitation disease).
Treatment plan is in your hands.
1. We brush daily but cant give enough time on toungue cleaning which is real reserviour of bad smell producing bacterias so clean your toungue thorughly you can feel the change in few days
2. Stop the bad habits
3. Make routine to follow proper oral hygeine plan
4. Stop eating randomly or rinse mouth every time you eat randomly
5. Chlorhex+zinc mouthwash is the key to achieve wonder use it properly by 1: 4 ratio of mouthwash to water and rinse in mouth for 1minute atleast never eat half an hour after that use this two weeks than stop
I hope you like this article and start a new life free of demon called halitosis

I am 32 years old man I have feeling badly sensitively teeth problem, you can't imagine that, I can't bite any thinks I use to swallow please tell me which the best pest for that I used a lot paste eg sensodent.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Although your problem requires intervention of a Dentist .You can take below given homoeopathic medicines for some time Homoeopathic tooth paste Homoeodent tooth paste ( SBL) HEKLALAVA TOOTH POWDER ( WHEEZAL) Use at night Precautions 1.Afways scrub teeth with above powder before sleep at night 2.Avoid extreme hot and cold things 3.Avoid sour things 4.Rinse your mouth with RINSEOUT ( SBL) ,everytime you eat or drink anything during the day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

There is a bad breath in my mouth and when I speak bad breath comes. I m very afraid of this.

Dentist, Mumbai
Ritu you are having bad breath in mouth . you may be having poor digestion /poor oral hygiene . you need to improve your digestion . take cap becosule with folic acid . visit dental surgeon for scaling and polishing .drink plenty of water . eat more of fruits and vegetables rinse with clohex mouthwash .
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am not able to open mouth wide due to tobacco chewing habit from last five now what should I do for open my mouth normally?

Dentist, Jaipur
First of all, you should give it up tobacco chewing and take scaling procedure by your dentist and also do muscle relaxant exercise.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Root canal done. A small bit of drill bit got lodged in. After 1 year a small 2 cm diameter hard ball formed below that tooth. Sometimes it bulges out and gives slight pain. Other times it doesn't bulge out though it is there. Dentist took xray. He says the drill bit is NOT the reason. What should I do?

Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Jaipur
Hi, mostly the reson is that broken drill only, bcz of the drill Root canals not cleaned up properly and still left over infectious material creating trouble for you..send me your Xray and everything will be clear....
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband age 31, sometimes he get blood in his teeth. Is there any home remedy to resolve it.

Dentist, Jabalpur
No, home remedy is there to get rid of bleeding gums. scaling has to be done to remove all the deposits on the teeth and to maintain the oral hygiene. this will also solve your problem of bleeding gums.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feel problems on my teeth and gum. Sometimes gum get infected and blood comes. Should I intake vitc tablets regularly? Should I use any mouth wash?

MDS - Periodontics
Dentist, Trichy
It is due to deposits in the teeth (tartar) do professional scaling by a dentist followed by mouthrinse and gum astrigent.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I visited my friends uncle who is a dentist. He told me I have a underbite and cross bite. What should I do? I don't want to go for braces etc.

BDS, CDE Endo-Prostho, CDE - Cast Partial & Complete Dentures
Dentist, Pune
Hello, under bite and cross bite cannot be corrected without Orthodontic treatment. It would be good if you undergo a Orthodontic (braces) treatment.
8 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir actually there is cavity in my teeth what to do for filling it? And my teeth is in little bit yellow color how to make my teeth white?

Dentist, Noida
For cavity get a proper filling done & for yellow colour get a check up done if you require a scaling or not. A thorough check up is a must.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, Teeth of my twin daughters aged 11 years have gaps inbetween. How to correct this?

MDS - Orthodontics
Dentist, Kolar
Not required wait for 1 year. This stage is called ugly dugly stage were teeth looks ugly during 9 to 11 years. So u can wait till 12 years.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 year male, I had H1S1 (Herpes Simplex) in Oct 2015. It started with gum swelling right behind my front tooth followed by fever and finally entire mouth got badly infected with 4 prominent sores on lips. Initially doctor thought it is local allergy but when it worsened he prescribed Ocuvir 800 (thrice a day). Slowly things improved, sores and everything went away except the swelling behind the gums from where everything started. It reduced but didn't go away completely. I had read on internet that the H1S1 virus would never go and will come back again and again but with lower intensity. I asked my doc will it come back he said it won't and assured me it is nothing to worry about. He also checked my recent blood report and said I am perfectly normal nothing to worry about. BUT after one and half year I am concerned about following - 1. After first instance in Oct 15, it has returned at least for 5-6 times. Very mild in nature compared to first time. Now it starts from one of the four sores I had on lips. I always take Ocuvir 400 myself, as I see the symptoms and it gradually goes away. Is that right? 2. The swelling behind gums is there since Oct 15. It has never gone. I feel it softens or increases. 3. Should I visit a dentist and get mouth cleaned? Or any other suggestion. 4. Is there a way I can get rid of this forever? Open to nature/homeopathy, Ayurveda as well. Please Suggest! Thanks in advance.

Sexologist, Panchkula
Disease recurs with low intensity. You can do this thing. Take proper balanced vegetarian diet. Take 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to detoxify body. Take fruits and vegetables in daily diet. Avoid non veg and eggs always. Take milk and milk products in diet. This will improve your immunity.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 35 year old male. I am suffering from brauxism for the last 3 years. Have used mouth gaurds and meds as suggested by my dentist. But there seems to be no improvement. Fed up of using the mouth guards. Can you please suggest dos and don'ts to improve upon my condition. Looking forward to an earnest response.

Dentist, Jamshedpur
Dental guard or accrual splints are the best and harmless treatment for brauxism.Some medicines are also there but they have bad side effects. You can go to a good physiotherapist. They can help you .
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After removal of wisdom teeth up to what time I wait to take any raw food rather than liquid food what are precautions should I take after wisdom teeth extraction.

Dentist, Vadodara
You can take proper food after one day. Try to keep the operated area clean. Gargle with warm water twice a day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My front tooth is half break and it is very painful. So you tell me what should I do.

MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Dentist, Chennai
Kindly consult a dentist in person for further suggestion. We need more investigations with clinical examination to decide upon treatment. You may need artificial enamel filling or root canal treatment with a cap. Advance procedures can be done with laser.. Dental tips: - visit a dentist every six months for cleaning and a thorough dental check-up. Limit sugary food to avoid tooth decay. Gargle your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Scrub gently to clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner. Floss all your teeth inter dentally & brush twice daily, morning & night, up & down short vertical strokes, with ultra-soft bristles, indicator brush. Tooth brush to be changed every 2 months.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

HI sir.I want help.My problem is my gum bleed is not tight.My teeth also little bit loose.So tel me any tips .Pls im dipressing for dis problem.My age is 25years.Please help me

Certification in Full Mouth Rehabilitation, Post-Graduate Certificate in Oral Implantology (PGCOI), M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Rajkot
You need to consult dentist.You are suffering from payorrea.Please go for scaling and open gums surgery if recommend by dentist
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am Suffering from Gum Bleeding , Soiling, and Gum pain since Nine to 10 month and I am also concert with my dentist from time to time but no permanent relief. When I am take medicine just relief for week or month.

DGOI, Aesthetic , M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), MDS - Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, BDS
Dentist, Bangalore
Bleeding gums: bleeding gums are the first sign of gum disease. Gums and bone are the basic foundation for your teeth. So if any of these are having problems means your support for the teeth is compromised. Routine cleaning proceedure would solve this problem or maybe other modalities of treatment would be nessesary depending on the progress of your gum disease. Please visit your dentist for accurate diagnosis and also to know the stage of your gum disease and for the treatment. Usually the individuals with bleeding gums will not have pain and this stage of the disease gets ignored, which by itself makes it progress towards the higher stage making your treatment more complicated. Please do not self prescribe any medicines. Take it as an emergency and visit your dentist. I hope I clarified your doubt
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Correct amount of toothpaste for children

Correct amount of toothpaste for children
Excessive amount of toothpaste can increase the chances of your child consuming too much fluoride while brushing. Use half of tooth brush bristles length toothpaste.
92 people found this helpful

I am 22 years of old and I was use to smoke before and then I quit and some day before I smoked once and getting pain in my mouth near oesophagous. When I open my mouth it pains me. What should I do?

Dentist, Mumbai
Stop smoking completely apply boroglycerin paint take tab brufen after meal for three days and use listerin mouthwash regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed