Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S P BachaYour feedback matters!
My frnd is suffering frm last 3 years knock knees she did not have any pain. What kind she can do exercise n which treatment is good for her? please gv ans im in need.
Hello. I'm Trimaya & from past few weeks I'm experiencing an unusual feeling in my right knee. When I sit & stand, a crack type sound comes. I don't feel pain while walking. I can run too. But sometimes sitting in car in a stable position for an hour my right knee pains a little until I readjust. While doing sit up exercise I feel a little pain in knee & that crack type sound comes every time I stand. Please share what exactly is the problem and give some advices! Thanks.
I am 23 years old ,I am suffering from muscle cramp in calf muscle from 1 month even though I had been using medicine it was not cured, I can't even unable to walk and also its getting severe pain so, can you suggest how to cure as soon as possible.
Mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region is known as lumbago or back pain. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic, if it has lasted over three months. People who do a lot of physical exertion are often affected by it. Also back pain occurs as you age
There are a variety of reasons for back pain. Some of them are listed below
- Strain: Majority of the cases related to back pain occur due to strain in many parts of the body. These include:
- Strained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Improper lifting
- Lifting something too heavy in an incorrect posture
- A muscle spasm
- Abrupt or awkward movement
- Structural problems: Problems such as bulging discs (a disorder of the rubbery disk within the bones of the spine), arthritis, abnormal curvature of spine (a condition in which the spine curves downward), osteoporosis (bones becoming brittle and weak) and ruptured discs (almost similar to bulging discs).
- Cauda equina syndrome (a condition in which the spine nerve roots get compressed)
- Infection in spine
- Cancer in spine
- Sleep disorders
- Awkward postures
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Stiff back
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, characterized by pain in the hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression in a slip or intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
- Numbness in legs
How to treat it
Treatment for back pain is dependent on the type and severity of pain as well as the patient’s medical history. A large majority of cases of back pain take a recovery time of around six weeks without surgery. Exercises for relieving back pain are common elements of a treatment plan. Typical treatment of back pain involves use of muscle relaxants, pain killers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and cease of activity would cause the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest might lead to weakening of muscles and hence, prolong the back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapy is used to reduce inflammation and it is utilized according to the patient’s preference.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available, such as Acetaminophen and Diclofenac. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. It is to be noted that every medication has its own risks and side effects.
Role of Physiotherapy in Treating Back Pain:
In physiotherapy, the general goal of this treatment is to reduce pain in parts of the body; be it in the arms, legs or back. In the age we live in, where most of us are sitting in one place, hunched on our laptops, we are bound to get a back pain. Some pains are temporary and can go away with some sound sleep. The more severe back pains are usually chronic and can hamper your productivity.
The various approaches that are used to cure back pains with physiotherapy are:
- Ice/heat packs
- Ultrasound therapies
- TENS units
These are called passive approaches as these are being done to the patients.
The other approaches that are mostly exercise based are mostly done to rehabilitate the spinal cord. This approach is usually a cocktail of the following:
- Strengthening Exercises For Back Pain: Certain prescribed exercises such as lumbar stabilization or other exercises should be done for about fifteen to twenty minutes on a regular basis to strengthen your back muscles. These strengthen your core muscles and help in lower back pain as well. These can help in relieving pain if done right. This is why you should get directions from professionals or qualified physical therapists.
- Stretching Exercises For Back Pain: It is advised to stretch your hamstring muscles every now and then if you suffer from back pain. It is a very simple form of stretching but you may forget to do it every day. This is why you should schedule your exercises and adhere to the schedule. Incorporate it into your daily routine. There may be other stretches that you can look into or consult your physical therapist to advice you on.
- Heat and Cold Therapies: It is one of the most common types of therapy that is used and is mostly used towards the initial period of pain. While some may find heat therapy more useful, others may resort to cold therapies. Sometimes, people use alternate therapy. This therapy is recommended to be performed once in every two hours. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
My uncle is 50 years old and he has pain and some sujan on his wist. This problem is more when he wakes up in morning. Due to this he is unable to do any work or exert force from his hand. This problem was started when he suffered from chikungunya 1 year ago. He was recovered from chikungunya then but this problem does not end. Please help doc.
1 month back I started having severe body ache and high fever. I went to Doctor Who gave me pain killer and anti allergic and after 3 days, I was feeling good. But, after 15 days, again the same body ache and fever. I visited the Doctor Who told me that I was having viral. I was given same medicines but my family suggested to get the typhoid and blood test. I got myself checked and the report showed that my platelet count was 108000. It has been a week and I am taking juices and salads and medicine to get the number increased. Though, Now there is no body ache and my energy level is also good. How long I have to keep taking juices and following such diet.
I have a night fall problem doctor and it occurs every night. Please. Tell what to do and one more thing I have a back problem. Of lower slip disc.
I'm getting back pain when I sleep long hours. If I sleep by my side there will be no pain. Pain is radiating to buttocks. What might be the reason? Kindly help me with medication n yoga techniques?
I am 26 year old male. I am suffering from left hand burning sensation as well as some shocking pain in my shoulder. 4 days ago I had this chest tightness after I smoked. It has continued even now. I have visited Manipal twice for this they did ecg and echo both times and ruled out heart related issues what should I do.
Hi. I am Sonam Kumari, age 21 yrs. I have a shoulder pain in left side dur to which I cannot rise my hand as compare to right hand and heavy weight. I had use many ailment for this still no relief. I had also examined by aiims docs. But due to some reason I had drop that treatment. They had told me to go through a MRI. So may you help me in this aby suggestions.
I'm 42 years old. I have knee problem for the past 4 years. My knees emit a odd sound when get stressed. What should I do?
I am suffering last two years of joint pain of knee, sometimes it's very pain, sometimes it's low pain-now I see a clod of mash is under my right foot, now what I do?
I have knee pain from 2-3 month when I get any painkiller or use move then I give relief only for 1-2 days and after that pain again continuously.
I have knee pain since last two years I have done MRI scan USG x ray and blood test but nothing detected in that, I could not stand on my feet more than 10 minutes but I can walk for one hour, I have little swelling after work and pain, after rest some time I feel better I am doing muscle strengthening exercises but no relief. I want to be free from this illness please tell some prescription and what is it can you tell me please. I will be obliged to you sir.
Im suffering from fever from inside not from outside n paining ma joints of knee n hands n severely vomiting since frm yesterday please suggest some advice. Plzzz.
I have got sciatica its been more than 3 months tried medicines, that dint work. It's my right leg to my hip that pains a lot. Suggest some treatment that won't harm me & will help me.
For all of the above, the one common solution is popping a calcium or D3 supplement. It’s true though, a deficiency of these vitamins can cause all of the above, but there are many ways of looking at this. You can be popping the best brand of supplements, but remember, it just does not work that way. For calcium to get absorbed into the bones, your D3 levels have to be adequate. If it’s not, your calcium supplement that is being wasted, so are the foods rich in calcium that you are consuming. Furthermore, Vitamin K is such an ignored vitamin, but you should know, Vitamin K is needed for the bones to absorb Calcium. Vitamin K is found in dairy products and green leafy veggies.
So here’s how it works. For strong and healthy bones, joints and a super strong spine, you need sufficient calcium, D3 and Vitamin K for it to work effectively. I should add in B12 as B12 is necessary for healthy bone marrow, and for the body and spine to grow strong and healthy. Calcium, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3A balanced diet should give you all of that.
- Apart from nutrition, have a look at the points below:
- Regular and smart exercise, stretching, warm up and cool downs.
- Knowing your tiger muscles and working on flexibility.
- DO NOT SIT IN ONE PLACE FOR MORE THAN 30-45 MINUTES.
- This is too much strain and stress on your lower back/sacrum and it leads to lower back, sciatica and lower body aches and pains.
- Look for nutrition in fresh and real foods. Supplement only if you have to and if you have a deficiency.
- The choice of preventing or healing yourself from pains as such, is all up to you.