Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.NatrajanYour feedback matters!
My pupil of left eye is not reacting to light and appear smaller than right eye. There is drooping of left upper eye lid. Also there is no sweating on left side of head face neck and armpits. MRI of brain orbit and CV junction is normal. Except asymmetry in the lateral ventricles.
I am feeling irritation with light. I think I have photofobia. My eyes are feeling irritation. Give some advice to cure the same.
My mother has burning pain while urination and in small quantity from last 4-5 years. In usg and urine test no symptoms found. Only blood found in urine which is not seen directly by eyes. She has taken many treatments but not cure permanently. please advice treatment. She has allergic asthma sometimes.
I am suffering from eyesight problem my present sight is -1.5 Is there any treatment to get normal eye sight my age is 19 male.
Hi, can you please see this report and tell me. Total cholesterol-243, HDL-33, LDL-166, triglycerides-251, VLDL cholesterol-502, non HDL cholesterol-209.9. Can you please see is there any problem.
Yesterday, I was having a headache and ache in my right eye. And whenever i try to walk my back also pains. Today also I am having headache and ache in my left eye. Any thing serious.
Sir I have squint with very law eye vision. I was check out by chitrakoot netralaya. They said it has no permanent solution it has temporary solution. I m 19 year old plzzz tell can treat. It if yes then how plzzz tell me.
Hi doctors I had fever n cold but now fever has gone n cold is still der. But mine right side of eyes pains me lot if I touch or rub means Even rights side of head is paining wen I sneeze .please tell me Wat to. And these are causing from cold ha doc.
I am a girl and I have an ache exactly on my eyebrow. This is happening since 5 years! recommend some solution for the problem.
I am 62 years old male. I am having floaters for several years in my both eyes. Recently they have increased in numbers and sizes. They are disturbing me quite a bit. I have shown to many doctors, but there is no remedy. Is there any treatment in ayurveda? Please advise. Shri Niwas Ghaziabad M-9971152366.
My sister is a banking student. She has a lot of pain in her head. She wear glasses but no result. What should she do?
Are you losing your sight day by day? Does it make difficult to see you at night? Is this the onset of Blindness? Get to know about Retinitis Pigmentosa with these tips.
What actually is Retinitis Pigmentosa?
Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) refers to a group of diseases, which causes a slow, but progressive vision loss. It is a genetic disorder that affects the ability to respond to light.This inherited disease causes a slow loss of vision, beginning with decreased night vision and loss of peripheral (side) vision and eventually results in blindness.
Causes: Retinitis pigmentosa is often hereditary (runs in families). If you or your partner has retinitis pigmentosa, there may be up to a 50 percent chance that you will pass it on to your children. Ask an ophthalmologist about genetic counseling if you are planning to have children.
- Slow loss of vision
- Beginning of decreased night vision
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Difficulty in identifying colours
Diagnosis: If you have poor night vision or a loss of side vision or if there is a history of retinitis pigmentosa in your family, your ophthalmologist will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to determine if you have retinitis pigmentosa. Your ophthalmologist will dilate your eyes to look at the back of them for signs of disease.
Treatment: Currently there is no known cure for retinitis pigmentosa. However, research has shown that vitamin A palmitate may slow the progression of certain forms of RP. Your ophthalmologist can advise you about the risks and benefits of vitamin A palmitate and how much you can safely take. Taking too much vitamin A palmitate can be toxic, and evidence of vitamin A palmitate effect on RP progression is not substantial.
Another recommendation for slowing vision loss from RP is to wear sunglasses to protect your retina from harmful ultraviolet (UV) light.
Retinal prosthesis is also an important area of exploration because the prosthesis, a man-made device intended to replace a damaged body part, can be designed to take over the function of the lost photoreceptors by electrically stimulating the remaining healthy cells of the retina.
I am 18 years boy and I wear glasses for eye side weakness for 9 years but now I want to get rid from it but naturally is there any way I will take tablets or home remedies or exercises is there any perfect fully trusted way.
hello i got burning sensation in my eyes bcoz i have done welding first time in my life without any glass. My eyes fully become red and feels burning with water also cuming out frm my eyes. So pls suggest me what to do along with medicine.
I am a student I study 12 hours a day continuously since 3 months My doubt is" is my eyes need any eye drops for safety"
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.