Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.N.Shetty
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S.N.ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am experiencing a sensation like something is crawling up my right thigh for the past week. It occurs when I am standing and looking ahead or when reclining in a chair or lying down. However the sensation disappears when I bend forward when sitting or standing. I have cervical spondylosis but mild condition.
Hi sir, good morning. Sir I have knee pain since 6 months. And I am using pain relief gel for this knee pains. Sir please suggest me to decrease this knee pain.
My mother is suffering from joint pains, specifically at ankles and knees. This we suppose is Arthritis. Now there is also swelling on ankles (leg). Which is best hospital, and the best doctor to go to for treatment. I am very worried, please help.
My wife keep getting this muscle pain in her collar bone and on back of her neck for few months. We have consulted many doctors but nothing worked so far. She recently consulted a ortho and he told us that there is some swelling under the bone and have her an injection under the collar bone. Please help!
Foot pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of feet pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home but if the symptoms become severe then you should consult a doctor.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscle causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
The various exercises to treat foot pain are -
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll your arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of the toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull the toes towards you. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!