Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S.m PhanseYour feedback matters!
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
I have a PSA of 18.5. I insisted on having an MRI done before I would agree to a biopsy. The MRI came back showing two areas with a PI–RADS 5 (very likely cancer) One area with a PI-RADS 4 (very likely cancer), One area with restricted diffusion and abnormal signal One area with restricted.
I have a small cyst on both of my breast but it neither pains me firstly I do not know what is it but now this things pinch me out what is it? What should I do?
I am 18 years old and have very large & heavy breast. I feel very irritated sometimes and have to face many problems! Kindly help me!
Hello doctors, I am 20 years I have right hip pain only since 8 months but its not continuous. I have severe hip pain while sleeping and riding scooty. I did x-ray and my x-ray report was normal. The x-ray report was seen by 3 orthopedics specialist as well as one surgery specialist and they also said that everything is normal but I must mention that while sleeping straight when I bent my right leg towards there is pain in my hips. Doctor I am very much worried is there any involvement of cancer? Should I go for MRI?
My wife she is 48 years now. She is complaining of severe pain in her Right side Breast. Also she is going through mane pause. What is the reason & to whom shall I take her for check up.
My grandmother has breast cancer. The biopsy result is'Invasive duct carcinoma grade 2' And her PET-CT scan result is'Hypermetabolic retroareolar right breast mass FDG avid regional lymph nodes. No FDG avid distant lesions. Her-2 result is negative. ER and PgR result is positive 90%? Strong. Doctor told that tumor is locally advanced. We have started her treatment and doctor suggested below plan - 1- 11 chemotherapy once in a week 5 chemo are already done. Doctor told that if she can't tolerate chemo then we can stop before 11. The reason doctor gave behind chemo treatment is to shrink a tumor and tumor is stick to skin so chemo will make it loose. 2- Surgery 3- 5 chemotherapy every 21 days of interval 4- Radiation 5- Hormonal treatment for 5 years My grandma is physically fit and she doesn't have BP and diabetics and any other health issues except acidity. Last week my grandma fell down and her x-ray report is'Diffuse osteopenia. Anterior wedging of L1, L2 & L3 vertebra, could represent osteoporosis collapse. She has severe pain in the back. Recently I have taken a 2nd opinion and the doctor suggested that she doesn't need chemotherapy as her ER test is positive. She told that only hormones tablet will help to shrink a tumor and she may not need surgery. She told if we give chemo to her at the age of 75, it may create health problems for her later. I'm in dilemma now. Shall we continue with chemo treatment or switch to hormone treatment? If yes then what about its side effects? If we switch to hormone treatment then the chemo which is given will create any problem? Will it be right to switch to hormone treatment after 5 chemo cycle? What are the chances of metastasis in hormone treatment? What if we have to switch to chemo again after hormone treatment? Will cancer cell become drug resistant because of first chemotherapy? Chemo drugs go in an entire body so if there are any cancer cells in initial stage then it will kill it so chances of metastasis will be less. Is it true? Does hormone treatment also help to prevent metastasis? Let me know if you need more details.
Hey respected doctors Mujhe left breast me cyst hai. Usme kabhi pain hota hai pls mujhe koi medi btaye taki koi surgry na kranin pade apne aap thik ho jaye. Filhal me silicia 1m le rahi hu. Kya ye sahi medi hai?
Is it necessary to go for chemotherapy before I go for bone marrow transplant. I went for chemotherapy around 2 years back but the symptoms of cancer seem to have returned so my doctor advised me to go for a transplant. So I just want to know whether I need to go for chemotherapy again before the transplant or not.
I am 24 years old have papillary thyroid carcinoma undergo total thyroidectomy some lymph gland metastasis found in so is there any cure chances? what should be best treatment methods?
Canker sores can be said to be quite annoying, to say the very least. However, it is a relief to know that most of these sores are not a cause of concern. That being said, when a person has the opportunity to stop the sores from staying on, why should he or she not take it? In order to get to know how to treat canker sores, it is first important to understand what they are and how they are caused.
These sores mainly appear in children. The areas where they appear are the mouth and the tongue, in particular. One of the interesting things about canker sores is the fact that doctors do not know what the exact cause of these sores is. The symptoms of having canker sores include a possible tingling in the area in the run-up to the canker sore appearing, as well as painful red sores. It is to be kept in mind that these sores can develop either on their own or in groups.
Possible reasons why a person may have canker sores can include a bad diet, an infection and also a deficiency in terms of the intake of certain nutrients. One of the key nutrients happens to be folic acid. Iron and the vitamin B12 are not to be forgotten, either.
When a person would like to make an effort to reduce the pain and the discomfort which is associated with a canker sore, he or she should follow a routine in which after a meal is eaten, he or she should take some baking soda and mix it with a little bit of water. After this is done to a sufficient point to make a paste, he or she should apply it on the canker sores in the mouth. If an alternative is required, what could be used is a mix of water along with some hydrogen peroxide. This is to be followed up soon with some milk of magnesia.
The last thing a person wants is for an infection to strike the canker sores he or she may have. Not only is this quite uncomfortable, to say the very least, but there is also a longer time taken to the point of full recovery. In order to combat this, mouthwashes which include tetracycline are welcome. Also rinsing the mouth with a mix of warm water and salt is a smart move.
I am 68 years old taking treatment for type 2 diabetes and bp. I had undergone prostate enlargement operation, bye pass surgery and operation for stones in kidney in the year 2009. Now my sugar level is less than 200 and bp is130/80. The problem is I go for twice in a week for bowls and it is hard please advice.
My father has a tumor in their food pipe. Which is about 25 to 35 cm. Can you please suggest me what can we do.
I am an 18 year old girl and I had unprotected sex 10/3/16. It's been 3 days and I am experiencing red patches on my breast and hands along with frequent urination trips. What should I do? Am I pregnant? Is Mifeprin advisable?
Is there any way to cure lung cancer without chemotherapy, radiation or surgery? By homeopathy or ayurveda or anything else can it be cured?
What does cervical lymph nodes signify? Is that a indication of cancer and what is reactive lymph node hyperplasia?
My daughter has a lump in her breast. Significantly large. I got her an FNAC test done and the report came back saying it was a benign fibroadenoma. The doctor recommended a few months of Vitamin E and Linolenic Acid tablets. Despite over 4 months of taking the same, the size has only increased. Do you suggest any other medicine. Can stress be a reason for this?
I have a fibrodenema in my right breast and when the doctor's suggested me to leave as it is as there no harm. But I am confused if you should operate it or leave as it is. Please advise me on this.
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.