Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Is it possible to have esophageal cancer without GERD or Barrett's esophagus? How long does normal esophagus turn to GERD to Barrett's esophagus to cancer?
Hi sir, my father diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014, now it's metastatic , due you treat it?Please tell.
I have ulcer problem .i do not smoke and do not drink alcohol .i have stomach pain literally .im afraid of stomach cancer .pls help me.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
Loss of appetite
Sudden weight loss
Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Sever chest pain
Causes of Lung Cancer:
- Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
- Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
- Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
- High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
- High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.
I have diabetes type 2 for last 35 years, I am aged 65 years in 2011 I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma oral had undergone operation twice, chemotherapy 9 cycles radiation for 1 month, I am free from carcinoma although every 3 month I go to head & neck surgeon for check up also suffering from lumbar spondylosis and cervical spondylosis frozen shoulder can't sit on floor or cross legged can't move steadily please suggest some remedy .
1. CARROT - beta carotene found in carrots are known to lower risk of breast cancer.
2. BROCCOLI - broccoli is great because of its sulforaphane content, this is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
3. CABBAGE - cabbage contains myrosinase enzymes and glucosinolates. This is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
4. TOMATO - The best antioxidants in tomatoes are lycopene. This will helps in preventing cancer.
5. GARLIC - garlic contains ajoene that is known to fight off breast cancer cells.
6. WALNUT - walnuts contains omega 3 fatty acids and can slow down or stop the growth of breast cancer cells and tumors.
7. PEACH - Antioxidants found in peach can destroy breast cancer cells.
My uncle is having oral cancer and he hv been operated also but now even after operation his cancer is spreading and reached the other side of mouth he also have 2 small pockets of pus on the other side his has swelling on all over his mouth and his will power is very less. Dr. which they were consulted said he can not operate the other side you have to take chemotherapy. Why he cannot be operated on the other side is there any way to cure his cancer please help me prescribe some suggestions plz.
Do any kind of lump in a breast ultimately become cancer. What measure should be taken to prevent breast cancer? Do breast cancer affect heart function?
I am 29 years of old male struggle for epididymis orchitis at left side with enlargement of 3*6. Please advise.
Hello sir, I have lipoma on back side of my left head science year 2010. Have any future problem? Please tell me.
Am 28 years old. Having frequent urinating. When I go to doctor I found grade 1 prostatomegaly with high pvru. And frequency also low. Doctor say me prostate enlarge is very mild. Here to find out how the pvru is high. I take 3 month Alfoo10 & 15 days alfusin within 1 year. And the problem not solve & last 3 month I found my iron also infection. From 1 to 2 year my urin colour is also yellow. What should I do.
Hello doctor, I am 20 years old I have done my MRI of hips and screening of LS spine and all reports were absolutely normal actually my question is. During mri I was not constant I have done some moments is there any possibility of loss of information by the machine? Can it also loss some information if there is existence of tumor or cancer.
Dear Doctor, I'm suffering from lymph nodes in my throat since last 2 months. I have taken many antibiotics for 2 months. Now after Ct neck I am taking Augmentn. Is is sufficient r they curable?
I feel that I am suffering from prostate problem and my age is 62. so, please tell what can be done?
I am using susten gel 8.0. Today I am in 29 th day. Feel pain in breast when I touch it. So it could be a sign of?
My sister in law is gone through 2 chemotherapy n abt. To go for 3rd chemotherapy, for her breast cancer, being treated at berhampur, Orissa. Where I feel n believe that there is not good doctors to go for such treatments, they had already cut one of her breast. Pl. Do suggest where it would be cured well n what exactly is to be done, is it surely be cured, because now the whole family is depressed.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle to reduce your risk of getting this disease:
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range (bmi - 18-25)
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer. Also discuss the need to getting genetic testing.
Breast cancer can also be detected early. Remember these three simple tips:
1. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
2. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
3. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age