Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.M. JhaveriYour feedback matters!
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
I am 44 years old women. Due to cavity in my molar teeth, I got removed and replaced it by artificial cap. In due course of time, it started paining and gum bleeding while brushing. Would you please help me out.
Dental Malpractice occurs when the treatment provided by dental health care professionals falls below the acceptable standard of care causing serious personal injuries. such type of malpractice are:
Failure to inform the patient of all available treatment options and the associated risks and benefits related to each
Failure to refer to a specialist
Negligence in failing to properly diagnose oral cancer or periodontal (gum) disease
Causing nerve damage by improperly placing dental implants
Damaging the Lingual nerve or Inferior Alveolar nerve while administering anesthesia or when removing wisdom teeth or molars
Incorrect use of dental anesthesia resulting in complication or even death
Improper procedures which result in injury and damage
Malalignment of teeth or bite malocclusion resulting from substandard dental procedures
Failed dental procedures
Faulty root canals, crowns, implants, veneers, or dental bridges resulting in injury and infections to the jaw, face and gums
Tooth loss due to faulty restorations
Injury to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) after orthodontic treatment or restorative dentistry procedures
Failure to perform a complete and thorough oral exam
Not properly administering antibiotics prior to a dental surgical procedure
Failing to diagnose or control an infection
Use of faulty materials or products
Hi, my age is 21 and recently I've gone through an accident, nothing serious happened but one of my teeth got damaged too badly but its not at all looking that way if sees from outside. It used to shake a bit at the beginning, very little. But it seems ok now. Can i proceed with that or should i have to consult any dentist for an alternative?
I have problem of hair fall, dandruff and cavity in teeth and headache and stomach pain so what I do?
I am 42 years old while sleeping some liquid come out from mouth and wet the pillow from many years .Some one told the this is the sign of worms .If there are worms in my stomach then please tell What is the medicine for intestinal worms?
Is babies open mouth always an indication of hunger or it just likes to be on the breast always. We are bit sceptical on whether we are feeding her sufficiently?
I have done my root canal in the teeth in a last year now in that teeth my swelling is come and the pain is going on so I consult to Dr. and it says to me to take it out the 7th and 8th number teeth is there any other way to recovery it.
Hello, after brushing in the morning my tongue and upper mouth gets dry for at least 5 hours. What should I do?
I CONSULT DIENTIST MY 6 TOOTH R MISSING BY BIRTH SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT WILL BE THE COST OF CLEANING AND FILLING,IMPLANT AND WHAT I DO DENTURE CAP OR IMPLANT ?
The simple and effective remedy for dental pain.
Toothache is also one of the severe pain in the body. Many people suffer from this pain because of the sensitiveness of the teeth. This remedy has only two ingredients which are simply effective. People who have to suffer from route canal or dental carries take 3-4 buds of cloves and make it powder. Later mix with 1 tsp of coconut oil and apply it. Clove has antiseptic, analgesic and antimicrobial activity and coconut oil is best antibiotic action and hence, this remedy works better on dental carries.