Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.m BorkerYour feedback matters!
What diet chart should be followed for 55 years old female who has undergone heart surgery of strouts.
I take the medicines cyproheptadine and dexona for 2 months each tablet per day and now I quit it from 3 months ago but I feels my heart beats too harder I feels every beat while I am laying on bed and a pain in lover of heart I do not know which organ is this below heart . How can I overcome to this side effect.
Hi sir few days before l feels heaviness &pain in my chest l consult with Dr. ,he said we can take TMT test whose report is NEGATIVE what can l have to do now?
What are symptoms of high blood pressure? How to prevent high blood pressure and what should we do if blood pressure suddenly becomes high and there is no medical help available?
I am suffering from dry cough from last two weeks. And I feel very high chest pain when I cough. Please suggest me something.
Hello I am 41year old. Weight 85, hight 5.8, my lipid profile reading is trigly 145, ldl 176, hdl 40, vldl 29, total cholesterol 245, creatinine serum 1.0, taking Amlokind AT, for BP, bp remains in range 140/90, do I need any consultation to which doctor should I consult.
Hello sir, I am 19 years old boy suffering from cough and heart pain from 3-4 months. please tell me what should i do?
Hello sir I am actually I want to ask a question related to my father my father age about 70 years old one week ago his health is suddenly got poor and I have to hospitalised him where I able to knew that there is clotting in his brain veins due to high blood pressure through the scan doctor has given him the appropriate treatment now he is at home and I am giving him the prescribed medicine so now I want to ask you what kind of meal should I give to him so that he gets better and be normal as previously.
Low density lipoprotein or LDL is the bad cholesterol that adds to plaque development alongside triglycerides, which is another lipid. High density lipoprotein or HDL is the good cholesterol that diminishes plaque development. Plaque can hinder the blood supply to the heart, brain, legs or kidneys, leading to heart attacks, stroke or even death. To lower the cholesterol for a younger heart, you may follow the below steps:
- Reduced fats: Do without greasy meats such as bologna, salami, pepperoni and wieners; and greasy red meats such as ribs and prime cuts of hamburger, pork, veal or sheep. Likewise, you must abstain from skip skin on chicken or turkey. Stay away from full-fat dairy items including whole grain, cheese, cream, cream cheese and spread. These food items contain saturated fat and cholesterol. Both are connected with higher blood cholesterol and plaque development.
- Intake fiber: In particular, get used to food items which are high in dissolvable fiber. In the gut, dissolvable fiber can provide bulk to the bile and easily expel it from the body. Search for dissolvable fiber in oats, oat wheat, ground flaxseed, psyllium, grain, leafy vegetables, in addition to some whole grain oats.
- Go veggie: Pick no less than one meatless meal for every week. Substitute animal protein (meat, poultry, eggs, cheddar) for plant-based protein such as beans, lentils, tofu or quinoa. Consume these plant-based proteins with a plate of mixed greens, soup, panfry, or a burrito.
- Be aware of carbs: Following a low-carb eating routine can help you get in shape and decrease cardiovascular hazards. Pick high fiber sugars like oats, whole grain, starches, beans, lentils, and organic products, which will give you the energy you require, apart from keeping you feeling full.
- Lose some weight: In case you are overweight or stout, shed the additional pounds. Weight reduction brings down the LDL levels. Reducing even 10 to 20 pounds can have a positive effect.
- Move more: Do an hour and a half of cardiovascular exercise every day for an ideal heart wellbeing and weight reduction. Cardiovascular exercise implies any action that uses muscles in an efficient way and builds the heart rate. Strolling, cycling, paddling and swimming can be helpful. In case you discover an hour and a half overwhelming, begin with 30 minutes and work your way up a little at once. For a few people, 45 minutes to an hour of cardiovascular practice is sufficient.
- Pick the correct rhythm: Go for a direct level of work out. You will know you have achieved it when you can bear on a discussion when you work out, yet cannot sing. High intensity workout is better at raising HDL levels. However, it additionally expands your danger of wounds, making it difficult to keep working out.
What is blood pressure? How can relief from blood pressure? What types of medicine helps to free from it?
If the total cholesterol level of a man in his 40s is above 250 mg/dL and he comes in the high risk range mentioned in the reference ranges of his lipid profile, does it mean that he will definitely have heart problems? He has been taking cholesterol lowering medicine plus living a healthy lifestyle with dirty and exercises.
I am a 32 year old man suffering from heart disease and insomnia. I usually suffer from heavy cardiac pain and need some homemade remedy tucure it.
I have filing tiredness. Before three month my total cholesterol is 268. And ldl is 208. Then I start the exercise and now total cholesterol is 218 and ldl is 140. And Hdl is 53. All other report are normal as like blood test, thyroid, sugar, echocardiography and tmt. But now l m filling tiredness. Please suggest what should I do.
I feel some pain in my chest I was suspecting heart disease after that I done my blood taste it was normal my doctor said it must be because of acidity now I have controlled my diet as well as I do brisk walking everyday though some time I feel little pain in chest near heart. Kindly tell me what is it and solutions for it.
I'm 26, female. For last 2-3 months I noticed that my diastolic pressure is high (between 85-95 mmhg), while systolic pressure always remain below 115 mmhg and sometimes I feel heaviness in chest and breathlessness. Why is this?
My age is 22 n my weight is 74kgs. Before 2 months my weight was 62 kgs. From last month while sleeping I feel some thing choking in my throat by which I can't sleep. It wakes me up after n after 5 min when I fell asleep. Please tell me is this by my overgained weight or any other problem. I think I am suffering from cholesterol n TSH. Please tell me some tips n tests which will help me to diagnose the problem.
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.