Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.M.Akerkar
Submit a review for Dr. S.M.AkerkarYour feedback matters!
I have arthritis problem, HLAB 27 is positive. Many a times I have suffered tremendously from joint pains and swelling and to cure, it usually takes 4-6months. Recently I have again having pain in my wrist and it swelled up a bit. Although I was highly active, very much involved in physical exercise for the prevention but still it recap. I am taking etoshine when I am having more pain. Any permanent cure for this? Any medication for this. Doctor said spondylo arthritis.
My problem has been diagnosed as osteoarthritis of knee. Do I have a wholesome solution of this in homeopathy & physiotherapy?
I am 66 years old and have pain in right knee ,as per x ray report gap is reduce a bit Secondly off late nerve pain has been developed in right leg behind thigh and goes up to calf because of which I can not stand even for couple of minutes. My DEXA report I.e. Bone density is just normal or at boundary line Rest of the blood report can be referred with Lybrate.
I have two knee pain when I stepped our 1st floor residence and our roof-top stain, I feel some pain. Actually my age is 58 years, my height is 5 ft 3 inches and my present waight is 67 kgs. Kindly advise me at the earliest what medicines should I take, my food habit should be and what type of excerise should I take henceforth.
Patient F 41 suffering with arthritis. Is there treatment in Homoeopathy / can we control by homeopathic medication. Pl. Guide now patient is on Allopathic treatment.
What are the symptoms of osteoarthritis in relation to the different affected areas?
An osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis which means unexpected inflammation of the joints/muscles, which is usually very painful. This form of arthritis is not curable, and the only thing that you can do is to take measures to reduce the painful effects of the condition. The symptoms of the medical condition often occur gradually and are chronic and long lasting in nature. Some of the body parts that get affected easily are:
- Hips- pain is felt in the groin area or buttocks at the hip joint.
- Fingers- bony growths at the edge of joints can cause fingers to become swollen, tender and red. There may be a pain at the base of the thumb.
- Knees- a 'grating' or 'scraping' sensation occurs when moving the knee.
- Feet- pain and tenderness are felt in the large joint at the base of the big toe. There may be swelling in ankles or toes.
Some of the most common symptoms which are more common to all body parts are as follows:
- Chronic pain - The arthritis related pain is very intense and chronic in nature, and it has an ever increasing trend if proper care is not taken. This pain can appear in any body joint of a person and it can cause visible inflammation or swelling in and around the muscles of that particular joint.
- Body stiffness - Another characteristic feature of this medical disorder is that there is stiffness in the normal movement of the joints and muscles. This symptom also results in a lack of flexibility of the concerned person.
- Inflammation and tenderness - Osteoarthritis is such a condition which is observable by the naked eye, as it shows signs like inflammation and tenderness. Inflammation can be noticed if a joint has a considerable amount of swelling.
Related Tip: Are You Prone to Osteoarthritis? + How to Prevent it?